Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
W
You go, girl! GB...you've come a long way here. Keep up with what you've been doing and I think you've just grew some backbone when it comes to boundaries. Well done! laugh

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Wonka! I loathe lies-that's one of my pet peeves. However, I've realized this is who h is right now. That's his deal. And I will keep on taking this high road although it might be fun to drive a convertible versus hybrid on this vast and winding road :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
job Offline
Georgia,
When you learn to accept the MLCer for who he/she is today, it becomes a little easier not to have the expectations that you would have had if he/she was the pre-crisis personality.

Continue to take the high road.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job. You are so right. I need to accept the man I married is gone. I'm getting there.....eventually:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
L
L
I'm glad you held him accountable GB.

Scumsuccking pigs...(I'm feeling angry today...kinda feels good :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
G
OP Offline
G
So I had a blowout on a major interstate yesterday during rush hour. I called for roadside assistance and 2 nice peeps stopped and put my spare on. It's a dangerous road and I appreciate their kindness and am grateful for goodness in the world. Now getting new tire and 30k maintenance =chaching. Money, money, money. Safety is most important though.

This won't be DB like and will have snark. H couldn't take kids this am because he was busy last night. Apparently gf loves the movie "The Lion King." Of course, she does h. She was a kid when it came put. My D had a huge breakdown last night. Sad about her grandfather (she was so close to my dad) dying unexpectedly last year and what happened to her dad. I told her I loved her, am here for her, and that she can talk to my dad. I know it's not the same but I told her his spirit is with her. I just tell her I know her dad loves her and none of his is her fault. I could smack h for being a d-bag. I won't though. Still on the high road and I know it's the right thing to do.

Thanks for letting me vent. Happy Friday:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
B
B
It is so hard on the kids - we are adults, and although it is devastating we deal with it. Why should a young person have to deal with an adult behaving like this?

Glad you are safe after the blow out.

Really I just want to go and give some of these MLCers a short sharp slap!

G
OP Offline
G
It is so hard to see them struggle-particularly D9. She is very perceptive and emotional. S4 totally doesn't get it and I find him asking questions like "but you love daddy. Why don't you wear your ring?" Ugh. Makes me sad. They are great kids and we WILL get through this.

On a side note, the 2 guys that stopped to help said I was too cute to be in the heat. It's nice to be called cute:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
M
M
Somehow Georgia, I have always pictured you as "cute"! smile

G
OP Offline
G
Aw, thanks Matt. You get my vote for post of the day:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard