Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
W
W
Dev,

You just don't know what W is talking about until she brings up whatever isn't "fun to discuss." Assuming it might be about the OM, just be prepared to re-state your stance about not being a willing participant in a marriage with the third party.

As you well know by now, it isn't always another nail the coffin.

Be sure to get the times so you can make GAL plans. This will tell W that she has a short-time frame and work within that parameter. In a way, it will protect you from having hours-long discussion by going in circles.

If W wants time away, so be it. Just make sure she doesn't take away your vacation time with the kiddos. It is YOUR time with them!

F
F
when I was first going through everything, I would let my bff in on what was happening. She was the only one I told the nitty gritty to.

When I had to go meet ex for whatever reason, we decided on a call time. She would call...the phone would ring...I could answer or let it go to voicemail.

After 30 mins, she would call again.

It always made me feel good to know I had someone in my corner and it gave me an easy out if I wanted one. All I had to do was answer my phone and she would ask...do you need to go...and I would answer yes or know and could then, honestly say...BFF called and I need to go.

if not, it went to voicemail and she would leave me an encouraging message

D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Wonka and Figgeroni,

I like the escape strategy if required, and I know I shouldn't assume anything going in. Hopefully the agenda provides some information for me.

I know there are no nails so to speak, however, sometimes, I try to mind read and guess what is going on. Never a good idea. I'm nervous because I feel the dynamic has changed so much. When we are in the same place, I don't feel so much resentment etc from her. Anyways, we will see tomorrow night.

And no matter what, that vacation is mine and mine alone with my kids. She can take all the down time she needs during those two weeks.

Until tomorrow night......

Dev

Me: 40
Wife: 38
M: 10. T: 18
S: 8, D: 6, S: 4
BD 02/01/14
Asked her to leave 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
T
T
Thinking of you today, Dev. Sending positive juju your way! smile

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Train,

Just spoke briefly with my W to see if meeting was still on, and see if she had the agenda ready for me. Yes, we are meeting, but she hasn't got around to the agenda yet. No real surprise at all. I'm
Not going to rush it, but I won't meet unless she has sent me an agenda. I'd rather not have any surprises. did see the first bit of communication this AM between her and OM. Only one way from her.......as far as I can tell.

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
T
T
I won't meet unless she has sent me an agenda. I'd rather not have any surprises.

Smart man. smile

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
W
W
Thinking of you, Dev. Boy, this is tough...isn't it?

D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Wonka,

Still no agenda. Part of me doesn't think it will happen. Time will tell. It's very tough, but after what I've been through already this year, should be a walk in the park wink

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
M
mdu Offline
M
Send some of your strength my way please, Dev! As always, wishing you all the best.

M: 42
H: 43
M: 8 years
S7 and D4
H has D19 and S25 from previous M
Bomb: 3/6/14 OW discovered, EA & PA
1st separation, 10 days, decided to reconcile & moved back in. Fail
2nd separation: 5/1/14
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks everyone for the support,

So here goes. Well, I got an agenda just before she showed up. A verbal one. On the menu was really a discussion of moving forward with a more formalized S, with custody and finances organized. W is tired of feeling in limbo. Welcome to my world. We didn't get into the nitty gritty because we also spoke about the letter that I sent her and the one she sent me, as well a brief mention about the OM. Here are the highlights, of course this is what I heard, and hopefully my improved listening skills are catching more.

-my W has tried to stop with the OM, but has been unable to (this was the extent of the conversation) She feels her inability to stop indicates the right decision for her. I didn't argue this in any way. Just STFU even though inside I wanted to explode smile

-I acknowledged my part in the demise of our R, and explained the OM does not matter to me, except moving forward the OM affects our chances to R

-my W hasn't seen how anything would be different over the last 6 months to make her change her mind. She is scared things would be the same. There is still tension between us. She is very scared. I'm not sure how I can change this. Maybe a formalized S agreement will give her the space and reduce tension over scheduling.

-my W thinks that we need to have a friendship before any talk of a R, and this is where I get stuck, because I have stated we will not be friends if there is an OM involved. I reiterated this again, after she questioned me.

-my W is worried she would live under a microscope and doesn't think I would ever forgive her. I told her that it would take time, we would have a different relationship, and trust would need to re-established.

-my W was under the impression that she would move right back in if we R, and I reiterated that that was not an option, she would keep her own place and we would have to start over, dating etc

-we agreed to meet more frequently and get the S details sorted out. Finances and custody. W is now aware that she needs the kids to have financial stability, so her attitude has changed. She told me this. She wants them more. I told her I'm concerned about their health and hers.

-the main stumbling block is how awful she feels around me. She feels terrible about herself around me, and her despair, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts develop. She feels we bring out the worst in each other. She doesn't want to be irritable and angry

-she stated she loves her kids, but wishes she never had them frown

So in summary, really, she is still with the OM. She told me it's a nothing relationship, but he is now her best friend. Bottom line nothing has changed. I feel so frustrated that she feels that she has been testing our relationship possibilities over the last few months while I've been in safety guarding mode. I know everyone has told me this, but really while she is with an OM, it's difficult to be the spouse only a fool would leave, especially trying to do LRT

Going forward, the S will allow her more space, financial implications will occur, and then I guess we will see what happens. I'd like to delay if possible. But she needs space.

I'm really in a sad space, because I miss my W as a friend, and I realize that I am truly losing her now. I'll pick my head up in a bit. Just a reality check. The optimist that I am, I listen when she says things like I'm not ready right now, and I'm scared and think there is still opportunity. Is that bad? I need to rethink some goals, and carry on.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis