Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
Mish - I've done a lot of moving in the past couple of years. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to move out of one & into one on the same day when the folks moving into yours are in the driveway & your agreement was to switch the dishwashers from one house to the other & you've got a king size waterbed and it's an ice storm and New Years Day when no one can help. (Yes this happened). I didn't add that the furnace broke, the deal didn't close & I had a handicapped 5 year old, a 2 year old & a dog and a cat.

Just breathe! I would definitely hire a mover even if just for an hour to do the china cabinet. Don't risk something to save $. They could move the bigger pieces & the china cabinet & it would be worth every penny.

This time next week you will be in. Keep pushing yourself - the finish line is almost there. You can take your time unpacking & savoring this new chapter in your lives.

Barb

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the encouragement Barb! WOW! I would have broken down in a puddle in the driveway if that had happened to me!

I really can't afford a mover right now. I've sunk more money than I care to think about into repairing the things in the house that I found unacceptable. The dishwasher hasn't even been dealt with yet but that's the least of my worries. I just want to get this over with. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
There was no puddle in the driveway - it was solid ice!

You will do this. You will be fine. And a lawnmower will be dealt with later. One step at a time. In a couple of dats - done! And you will be smiling!

Barb

S
S
Hoping moving is going well. You got this and will be happy with yourself for how you accomplished it.

M
OP Offline
M
Ok, I'm finally back. Whew! I feel like I must be 90 years old! Every part of my body is aching and twinging. NOT PRETTY! Gabe is banged up and bruised and aching too so I don't feel quite so bad about it. LOL I'm not alone in the pain. Last night it smelled like a rehab center in our bedroom with the quantity of Aspercreme we had rubbed all over the place. grin

The unpacking will likely continue for the next few weeks but that's less stressful that getting it all moved was.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

S
S
Happy you are all moved in. On with the next chapter. Make it a happy one!

Barb

B
B
I second the congrats on being moved in. The hard part is over, now just take your time getting things organized and unpacked.

On another note, I think you and Gabe jumping in and moving together, sharing in the pain and gain is a real positive sign for you and the strength of your relationship. Kind of a bonding moment if you will. You are both in this together. Hopefully it helps build some strength and confidence for you. I hope you guys are enjoying your new place!

BA

M
OP Offline
M
We are enjoying it so far. The funny thing is the house is nearly identical to the other one. The only differences are the color of the carpet and the color and style of the kitchen and bathrooms. It's the same layout, same size, same everything else. It's comical watching our dog who we brought to the other house as a puppy 11 years ago walk around this place with the slightly confused look. Poor baby.

I feel more and more comfortable every day with our relationship. Marc left to go out of town with a friend for a few days yesterday and when I got home last night Gabe met me in the driveway and said, "It's just you and me!" with a big smile on his face. I can't tell you how encouraging just that simple statement was.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
OP Offline
M
ARGH! You know, stuff like this is why I try to not plan ahead or look forward to things. Something usually goes wrong.

I am supposed to go on a girl's cruise with my BFF on 30AUG. On 4th of July she had a bit too much to drink, sat down in a plastic chair that was already broken and leaned back. Yup, it collapsed and she cut her hand on the broken plastic. 11 stitches later she is fine but she can't work for a week. She's a nurse. Obviously, without being able to use her hand she can't do her job. She only has enough PTO to cover the time off for the cruise. She now has to use it for her injury. They typically will cancel scheduled time off (even if she takes it without pay) if you don't have PTO available. Non-refundable airline tickets, non-refundable cruise fare and the trip insurance won't cover a 'work related reason' only medical.

She will find out for sure today if they will let her keep the scheduled time off. It's not looking good. frown

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
OP Offline
M
And the hits keep coming........

Marc's friend was going to take him to a DMV center 1 hour away next Friday to take his driver's test for his license. He has to have it before he can leave for boot camp. Now, his friend can't do it because we just found out that his car is not in his name, it's in his parent's names. The owner has to be present with proof of insurance and registration in their name. This is a disaster. It takes a LONG time to get an appointment and this was the first one and the closest we could get for 2 months. NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NOW!!!!

The panic attack is coming on quickly now.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard