Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bugsby Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello!
At Easter we had a huge car fight on the way home, fighting 6 hours, silence over 10 big fight. On Saturday he said he was "done" with 27 year marriage.

Up and down, but the last 2 years I thought we were good. I thought he would shake this, but it has been screaming (not his normal), name calling and hate for now - almost 6.5 weeks.
He moved to the upper bedroom, I begged, pleaded - nothing! totally different man.
First he said it was "all my fault" wanted to guilt me into divorce.
Then he tried to be "nice" and nice me into a divorce - no lawyers.
Then he became enraged and abusive - about this time I stopped the begging - moved toword 180 without realizing.
I used Gottman communication traits.
nothing , nothing, nothing. I deserve a medal, in 6 weeks I have not lost it (except crying yet)
Now he is ignoring me into divorce, and OH YEAH! he is now "talking" to someone else...

My two daughters 18 and 21 are so angry they did not do a thing for Fathers Day.
they refuse to speak to him. We are both home, but avoid each other.
I went out west for 10 days for fresh air.

Before I left I spoke to an lawyer (thought he was filing) removed all my personal items from home. Put $4,500 in another separate account and unfriended him on FB. I left him with a clean, but empty house.

He will be in Germany when I get back, so we have 2 weeks no contact.
How does 30 years erase in a few weeks? Meditation, prayer, patience, EDMR, and apologizing no effect. He chased and adored me 30 years.

Enough for now.

Me: 48
H: 48
Married 26 , together 30
D1: 21
D2: 18
"Happily Married" until BD
4 weeks later: "Im talking to someone"
No papers filed.
Attempting 180, finding it difficult.
C
C