Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
B
Thanks Bets for the crossed fingers. I think my situation is reasonable as well. Clearly my focus during that time wasn't on this stuff, it was all wrapped around my father dying, getting his final arrangements in place and helping my mom afterwards.

Sorry you are sick - ugh I absolutely despise stomach bugs, nothing worse in my book. Hope you recover quickly and glad you at least got some good news on the GYN front!

BA

B
B
I had my first of two MOHs surgeries yesterday. This one was for my forehead and it now feels like someone has been driving nails into my head! I have 12 stitches in my head and it feels so tight that the skin is going to rip open. Part of that is due to the swelling and I'm sure that once it goes down I will have some relief.

GF was a huge help and support though. Took me to and from the surgery and stayed with me most of the day yesterday. Is coming back over today as well. She is a really lovely lady and I am really lucky to have found her.

Still no word on the insurance decision but I didn't want to delay this first surgery and the Doctor said the cancer was much more agressive than what she had anticipated. It took her three episodes before she got it all. Word to the wise - going outside then sunscreen up!

BA

K
K
Better yet,don't sunbathe, wear a hat as well as sunscreen when outside. It only takes one bad burn to get skin cancer later. Fake baking is just as bad if not worse for you. Pale is healthy!

Glad you got one done BA. Thinking of you.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2455898 05/29/14 02:51 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
BA,

Your insurance WILL be reinstated. That is faith!

Glad the doctor was able to get that gunk outta your nose. Do you look like Rocky at all?

Wonka #2455900 05/29/14 02:55 PM
L
L
My H has had MOHS and he looked like he had a golfball in his head for a while due to the pressure bandage It was amusing.

His was the left temple secondary to driving. So even doing mundane things puts you at risk, if you're already at risk.

Glad you're healing. Best of luck on the next one.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Wonka #2455919 05/29/14 04:11 PM
S
S
BA: Hope you are feeling better soon. 12 stitches - that's a lot! I hope the results are good when this is all done. So nice that GF has been there throughout. It's a good sign.

Thinking of you!

Barb

labug #2455929 05/29/14 04:36 PM
Wow, BA, I sure hope you're feeling better pronto. I'm also very glad you did it, given the doctor's comments. You're in my thoughts and prayers. And ditto on the insurance decision. Don't forget to appeal it if you hear a no. It goes to a different set of eyes...

We have a lot of skin cancer here, given we're a mile closer to the sun than you folks at sea level. We put sunscreen on for everything. Even driving longer than a few miles and on cloudy days. I've been known to have bottles in every car and travel size in my purse. It's not a bad habit... and pretty easy to do.

Good luck!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
#2456793 06/02/14 12:07 PM
B
B
Well after laying low for a few days I am now in full recovery and back to work today. My head has returned to about 80% of it's normal size, still a little swollen and tender but much better from late last week. It would be better if I didn't have another session of this surgery in three weeks and this on the tip of my nose. I am a bit freaked out by that. Right now I've got a pretty good Frankenstein scar forming on my forehead. Can't wait to see the new nose job the Dermatologist has in store for me. frown I know one thing, for this next round I am asking for some stronger drugs because the Vicodin doesn't do squat for me in the pain department. I might as well been taking M & Ms.

Hope everyone is having a splendid start to their week! grin

BA

W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
BA,

Sounds like a positive progress to me. I'm sure you're looking a lot less Rocky and more like Dave. smile

Wonka #2456855 06/02/14 02:43 PM
B
B
Yes definitely progress being made. The swelling on my forehead is significantly less than it was last week, but still a little puffy. I've got some pretty gnarly stitches sticking out of my head that will be removed on Wednesday.

Next up will be a nose job (unfortunately it's not the kind that make you look better) That happens on June 25th. It's a good thing I already have a girl friend because all of this cutting on me is not making me any more attractive that is for sure! crazy

BA

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard