Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I don't think she has any credible fear. Unfortunately I take my vows seriously , value keeping my family together, and I still love her. She has told me she knows all this. Not recently of course.

She has told others she knows she could come back if she wanted to. That's not what I wanted to hear that she thought. Made me feel like I had failed my LRT

Me: 40
Wife: 38
M: 10. T: 18
S: 8, D: 6, S: 4
BD 02/01/14
Asked her to leave 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
S
S
Originally Posted By: Devaste
I don't think she has any credible fear. Unfortunately I take my vows seriously , value keeping my family together, and I still love her. She has told me she knows all this. Not recently of course.

She has told others she knows she could come back if she wanted to. That's not what I wanted to hear that she thought. Made me feel like I had failed my LRT

Then there's your problem. Unless you can credibly add in a "but not at all costs" to that "value keeping my family together" thing, you're going to remain mostly in "Plan B Zone."

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So true, that's what my goal is for the next few weeks here. I need to move towards that mentality in my head and with my actions, more importantly. I think if I can overcome the fear of the destruction of my family, because who are we kidding, it's in shambles from that perspective right now anyways, and move myself forward with the expectation that I am going ahead with or without her, I think I will be in a good place.

Thanks Starsky,

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
S
S
It doesn't mean you have to break your vows, Dev, nor take the saving of your family less seriously. It's just that there's a HUGE difference between projecting "I'll always be here for you, no matter what" and "I don't want a divorce, and while this isn't the path I would have chosen for me OR the kids, I realize now that we'll be okay regardless of what happens."

Your wife needs to understand that at some point, you are moving on, and that she may be losing you if she wants to continue the path that she's on. She may or may not then turn back, but I can guarantee you that if she DOESN'T credibly fear losing you, she WON'T turn back.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Starsky,

I agree with you. I haven't been giving the "I'll always be here for you, no matter what" But my W does know how much I care. I think it's just a matter of projecting consistent actions that send a consistent message that I don't want this, but I am moving on

I'm not sure what her "realization point" will be, or if it even ever occurs, but at some point, I imagine I will hit one of them, and then I may have some decisions to make on my own, should she decide to end A and try to work on marriage.

Just going to keep working on sending that consistent message of I'm moving on with or without you. She knows the boundaries I have set that would encompass "with her" , Up to her to meet those if we move forward together. Tricky to do

Cheers

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
T
T
Dev,

In the beginning of your thread, you said you encountered your wife almost daily. Is that still the case?

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey Train,

Great question. At first I was seeing her daily. We have since set up a pseudo schedule which gives a bit more regularity to when she will be at the house. Initially, due to concerns for my kids safety, I have been keeping her visits to when I am work, at my house. She didn't really want the kids to spend a lot of time at her house.

This appears to be changing, but her living situation is now up in the air. We are probably both hesitant to introduce the kids to a new house and then have her change homes. Too confusing for my kids.

Whew, I guess the simple answer is yes, I see her probably 4 days out of 7. I try to treat her as a "friendly neighbour" Nothing else, nothing more. Sorry, I often add too much detail, and go on all kinds of tangents smile

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
T
T
Details are good!!! smile

The main reason I was asking is because I've learned that creating some serious space with my H has helped me (immensely) send the message that I might already have one foot out of our "marital door." And it happened rather quickly.

I was saying as recently as last week that H knows he always has a heart to come home to. Now - after a week of going as dark as possible with kids involved - not only do I feel H has to be questioning whether he could lose me ... but I'm questioning whether I'd want him back if he ever decided to come home. And I'm just now getting started! wink

It's amazing what time without seeing/hearing from them will do. It still hurts, but it helps with perspective.

You're in a crappy situation, though, and probably not as easily able to distance yourself from her for now. The "friendly neighbor" approach is good.

But this?:

Quote:
She has told others she knows she could come back if she wanted to

I know you have it in you to make her question that. wink

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
D
Devaste Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Train,

You are so right. When I heard that, and then she told me that as well, it burned me up inside to think that she feels she could just waltz back in to my/her life and our M

That's when I realized I was doing something wrong if my message wasn't being received. More I wasn't sending it, or aligned with what I was doing. I can say anything, but if my actions don't align, it's meaningless.

Going to try and ensure she is aware of where I stand with my actions, and establish some more space

Thanks again Train. Best of luck with your situation. I'll be watching and hoping your reduced contact continues to make you feel better.

Cheers

Dev

BD 02/01/14

Keeping the dream alive
T
T
You've got it just right, IMO, Dev. Actions, actions, actions. That's where it's at. She'll eventually take notice; I have no doubt.

I'm keeping up with you! smile

Married 14 years
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard