Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Mach, do you mean using my L? If my W agrees to 50/50 then the phone issue is much less of a problem. If she doesn't agree then my L is going to send her the court docs as soon as I give her the go ahead, everything is ready to go.

I have not documented things in that regard as well as I should but I plan to going forward.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
W
W
Scorp,

I have not documented things in that regard as well as I should but I plan to going forward.

Why not start with the most recent incident now? Otherwise you'll forget the details if you try to recall the time, place, date, who, and what. Without those details, your dossier will be as much worth as yesterday's newspaper that someone's puppy is potty training on.

S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wonka, I've got that done and have done a few entries for the past several days as well.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
D
D
Originally Posted By: Scorp7
Mach, do you mean using my L?

NO!!!!!!!

How about you stand up to W & MIL and ask for what you want???

They are as much your kids as hers and certainly more than your MIL's.

Again I ask you: What are you so afraid of?

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
S
Scorp7 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Drew, I think I did ask for what I want. I asked my W to move back to my province with the kids, she said no. I've been asking since last November that we share time with the kids 50/50, right now she says she needs time to think about it so I'm giving her some time. I've also asked that we work on our M to see if it can be salvaged to which she's said N O.

This coming weekend I'm going to keep the kids until Monday. I'm not asking my W if this is ok, I'm going to inform her that is what I'm doing. I have to do this in her home town to make sure my D6 gets to school that day. I'd like to stay for the whole week but I can't afford to stay in a hotel for that long right now.

Other than that, I could ask that the kids be allowed to talk with me longer each night if they want to. Is there something else you think I could be asking for?

If I'm afraid of anything it's that this situation will turn into WW3 and a full blown custody battle. Am I still tip toeing around my W? I am somewhat although I don't think I'm doing it as much as before. With my W saying she's thinking about agreeing to 50/50 I think it makes sense to not rock the boat too much right now. If she responds saying she won't agree to 50/50 I will be on the phone to my L that same day and my W will be served with papers the following day.

Me-40,W-37
D7, D5, S3
Separated Oct 3/2013
T 11 YRS
M 7 YRS
M
M
Refresh my memory here....

When was YOUR deadline for a decision ???

I'm sorry buddy....

But this ???

Originally Posted By: Scorp
Other than that, I could ask that the kids be allowed to talk with me longer each night if they want to

Yea....

I know that I would be telling her instead of asking...

I WILL be calling the kids at 7 every night. And if there is any attempt to block this, then I will be taking them back to my province with me, and I will allow you to speak with them every night at 7.....

That's just me though....

Oh, and I wouldn't have allowed the house to be removed from my MIL either ( insert assorted Wizard of Oz random thoughts here)

S
S
Originally Posted By: Mach1

That's just me though....

No, it's not just you. It's pretty much any strong, sensible man.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
W
W
Scorp,

Mach & Starsky remind me about my own late, beloved father.

When I was a youngster (read 2 years old), my mother had already married her OM and somehow she started me in on calling him "Daddy." When my father learned of this, he FLIPPED out and went right up to my mother's front door. Then and right there, he told her in no uncertain terms that he's my ONE and ONLY father and he's the only person I am to call "Daddy." That put a stop to calling the OM "Daddy" pretty quickly. From there and on I called him by his name.

My Dad wasn't one for taking chit and stood up for himself (and for ME too). My hero despite his propensity for gazillions OWs. eye-rolling Dad may have had his own failings as a man, but was an A+ as a father in my mind & eyes.

D
D
smile

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
M
M
Originally Posted By: Wonka
Dad may have had his own failings as a man, but was an A+ as a father in my mind & eyes.

Are you saying, that being a Father has little to do with being a Husband ???

<gasp>

: )

******Disclaimer****

Sarcasm inserted for an over-dramatic effect, to emphasize a point that I have been making for the past few weeks

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard