Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
L
L
Go have fun in some place different than your home, lou. You may be thinking of your spouse, but at least you are not in the same pickling solution. See if you can turn your mind to the fun thing you are at. Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Luke

I have noticed when I am away from here I am better. I am hoping when I move in summer it will be even better.
I am surprised how much of a mind game it is.. and what hard work.

To stop thoughts, especially the ones where I think about not being in this situation and then almost convincing myzelf it is not happening.

Some dayz I don't feel normal anymore.

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Denverz thread

I was recommended to read Denvers thread but some how I lost it...can anyone help me fi d the link again.. please

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am so going around..and around...and stuck

I think hey you are doing great, look how you are positive and then some stupid thing happens and I fall back and I know I am not detached.

Intellectually I know, focus on my life Do the things I want to do. Make choices for me.
I see my WH so rarely it gets hard to remember he has changed how he feels about me and that he is having an affair and wants a divorce. Somehow I forget, start to feel positive about life then there will be a text or an email or some lie will surface and I realise I was feeling positive because I had forgotten, not that I had detached!

He is on a business trip he said. He had his phone off... maybe he is avoiding her I thought.. what a fool I am to even care.. seems like it is more likely they are on holiday together..or am I making that up too to make myself miserable.
We are supposed to be organising to sell the house, he leaves for the best part of 2 weeks with nothing organised.
It is hard for me to detach when at times I feel hopeful. He seems positive or friendly..I know if I am caring what he is feeling I have not detached at all.

I have given myself a time line of one year before I make permanent decisions for me. This could be a bad idea.Maybe more stress than I need but if I just surrender now then I will always live with the doubt. Could the relationship be saved.
Should I care? Does he care? Seems not to.. does that change who knows..
Seems like most people write off a marriage when it is in this shape.. Can't say I blame them..

One thing I have remembered is that some of the things he does that affect me are things he has always done. He is not a big replier to emails. Until the last few weeks I have been working myself into a fit because he is so distant and does not reply.... but that is normal him, not walkaway him...
I do have alife before I am told to GAL .. I have no time or energy for more...after work, sports, hobbies, some friends...
I want to detach so I don't feel so vunerable to his actions. Is it self talk? I hate being always on the edge of tears or panic...or need ing to ru 10 ks to calm myself down...
advice for the self talk, for the WAH that is so rarely around...

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
L
lou - can you at least get out of the house? See something - anything - different? Fresh air? Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Luke

you are right.. I do get out..problem is I speak the language so badly I have literally zpent the whole weekend with the dog talking to not one human!

. My running group helpz but I am injured at the moment. Get to talk to physio once a week.
Apart from school whi h is lots of talking I am pretty much alone..really sux..

so the dog is crazy to get out so I will walk him I the fields. ?..
thanks for following up with me...

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
L
Lou - if you prefer, I can write in German, French or Scandinavian, possibly helping you get a bit more connected there (language practice...)

Check out meetup - it may have something -

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
L
Another idea - take a language class there! My W took Swedish here and met a bunch of people. L

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Luke

I have taken courses... that was whiile I was happily married or thought I was..
Please.. no more German eek... had to take a notice I found in my letter box to a friend today who gave it to her daughter who took it to a friend to find out the message is to turn off the photovoltaic power for the week. But I have no clue how to do that.. and such a fuss to find out I did not know what to do...
When do you go shopping?
What is meet up?
My son met a Swedish girl while in Panama... she is moving to the Solomon Islands later this year to be with him...weird...

I made myself go out today... met a friend walked the dog.. It was good advice... need to do that more often..

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
loualea Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Luke
ist das moeglich das wir kann in Deutsch hier reden? Ist das erlaubt?
Loualea

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard