Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2429119&page=1

So another thread down. For reference as to why I picked the above for my thread title, please read the previous thread.

Car is fixed and almost good as new. Or as good as it was before, I guess. I was supposed to go to a co-workers soiree tonight, but I am not in the mood. I am soured. Extremely soured. I am afraid to spend any money. I feel like Ebenezer Scrooge. Oh for a happy medium.

But I am glad to have a car that works. And almost all the bills are paid. So I guess the rest is gravy. I guess. Things will be better once there is a flow. But like I have said many times I am very impatient.

So I am really starting to miss the kids. It's only been two days. I will see D tomorrow at basketball but unfortunately that means I will see H as well. So I think I will do a bit of grocery shopping and see what deals I can scrounge up. I can do this, right? Right.

I also have heard nothing from H. My hero. My helper. My best friend. What a clown.

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
W
OP Offline
W
Okay guys, need some thoughts...

S just called me and said he is watching his little sister until H gets home from work. S isn't quite 13 and D is 6. Do you think this is appropriate? H and I have had this conversation and I have stated I am not comfortable with this scenario. I am afraid that since our child placement battle is final that the courts would just tell me that H can have this arrangement on his time if he is comfortable with it.

I don't know what the law states, but I often feel like H is pushing these kids to grow up too fast so he doesn't have to take care of them. H is under the gun to work more hours, so instead of asking me, he will just have them take care of each other?

IDK.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
M
M
Nope it isn't appropriate. How long are the two of them alone?

Find out from your L.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
L
Keep track of when he gets home.

You know, not to sound sneaky or anything. But, I'm wondering if this could...if played right, lead to H relying on you more when he has to work.

Unless, of course, you feel they are in any danger by being alone.

Is H home yet? Under two hours is one thing. More, that's very different.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
W
OP Offline
W
S and D get off the bus about 3:30. S called me at 5:00 and said dad wasn't home yet. I told him to keep track of when his dad got home because I am not happy about it. There was a dance tonight that S wanted to go to. H kept putting S off. I wonder if this is why.

I have an email Into my attorney. I don't like it one bit.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
L
L
The dance. That a$$hole.

Is he home now??

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

W
OP Offline
W
Not sure. H had left me a message asking me to call him about 4:30. I didn't get the message until 5:30 and when I called there was no answer. I texted S to see if he got to go to the dance. No answer. I am hoping that means he is at the dance.

You're right. He's an a$$hole. Why can't my kids just have a normal life?

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
L
L
Well, maybe, with your attorney's help, this will be the thing to force his hand to rely on you when he needs to work. I suspect he will use the "work" excuse a lot once he sees he can unload them on you.

See Wishing!?? We all said, he would grow tired of "his time" with the kids. It's already happening.

Think on this one and get lots of advice. He's such a bully, you don't want him to sense you getting your fur up too much. Unless the courts will easily side with you. I think 13 is an acceptable age, in our state, to leave kids alone.

If this is the case and 13 is an acceptable age...then think of how to approach this as "I can help you out H."

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Heather. I am not worried about S being home alone. I am worried about D and S being alone and S having to watch D.

S said his dad got home at 5:30 so they were alone for two hours. I'll ask the lawyer what the state statute says about that. I won't make a stink just yet.

S got to go to the dance. Thank goodness. He's home now.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
L
L
I'm glad he went to the dance. I hope he had fun.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard