Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
T
OP Offline
T
Lol, oh my...

Ok, it went over well this year! The genuine appreciation was there when I got a couple "looks" (and NOT "those" kind of looks...lol). You can see it in their eyes, their true state. She loved the b-day card from "all us boys in her home" (thank you folks!).

So,
- B-day 1 during MLC: snarls, growls, grumps, etc
- B-day 2: okay, forced smiles for the boys, but not too bad
- B-day 3: genuine appreciation, happy. Settled.

I'm thinking it's probably good I didn't try for any spankings, maybe it would have been just a bit too much too soon, rushed, ya know...maybe after I can get a regular hug or two first, then...lmao! Anyway...there is a path of progress, no uncomfortableness this year.

The simple roses, cassia and I forget the other flower bouquet I put together and card were perfect (and it goes well with the dining room colors).

It showed that I am listening to her wish for frugal, simple and low key.

It was just nice.

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

U
U
Attaboy, T. I am sooo happy she responded positively. You did good. smile

T
OP Offline
T
It was so nice to hear her say the flowers went so well with the dining room colors... smile

I think I remember how to do this... wink

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

P
P
T, that is so lovely how you handled everything. you did good!

I'm glad she responded well. smile

Me:49 H:47
S: 16
T:27 M:25
My EA: 2001
His PA: 10/2007, 6/2013
Separated, but H still in house

Find your Shambala: a place of peace and happiness.

N
N
T,

A big thumbs up to you!!! A simple but beautiful bouquet and card from "her boys was perfect. Next year she'll be giving hugs and kisses and more. wink

Me:57H:62
M:34T:35
2S,2D (grown nlah)
BD:09/2012 visits M ow
EA/PA?:10/2012
H moves out 06/2013

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." -Dalai Lama
job Offline
T2,
I'm glad she enjoyed the beautiful flowers. Well done!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Originally Posted By: TSquared2
The genuine appreciation was there when I got a couple "looks" (and NOT "those" kind of looks...lol). You can see it in their eyes, their true state.

So true, so true.

It was so nice to hear her say the flowers went so well with the dining room colors... smile

I think I remember how to do this... wink

Yay! I'm sure there are some other things you haven't forgotten how to do either wink

Great job! I'm so glad it went happily and smoothly. smile smile smile

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
F
F

I'm thinking it's probably good I didn't try for any spankings, maybe it would have been just a bit too much too soon, rushed, ya know...maybe after I can get a regular hug or two first, then...lmao!

Bawhahahahahahaha! I so NEEDED this laugh today...the mental picture of that was just too much! Lol.

It sounds like you did a perfect job with the flowers, etc! Yay!

T
OP Offline
T
Glad I made you laugh Angela, I love making people laugh... smile

Well, W has been opening up some, she is trying to figure things out, how she got where she did, why, etc.

And aside from my contributions to the M issues, it has absolutely nothing to do with me...lol wink

She is figuring it out...where it goes? Who knows, still limbo-ing.

Last night I allowed my detachment to go right into my pants, passing "GO" and collecting $200 on the way there....she was so close to being herself, happy, she looked so good to me. Eh, Yoda says always in motion in the force, so since detachment is part of the "all", then it must flow, never steady state. That's just reality...though I gave myself a good talking to, f-bombs and all.

I was chatting with a friend about our sitches, and working through the issues, etc, I was working on myself and put some pieces together in my own mind, here my side of the convo, the interesting (for me) bits:

I think you are afraid of being hurt again, which is understandable, completely understandable. It is f'n hard, taking risk of letting them get close, knowing that they can hurt you again, fly away again, etc.

Here's something that occurred to me a long time ago...

It's always been that way. In reality, it's never been any different.

It'll always be that way too, whether with H, new man, with your kids, friends.

We just had the illusion that it was different, that we were safe. That risk was off.

do you trust your intuition?
do you trust your brain and "piecing together" skills?
do you trust you?

You trust yourself with the kids, and you are emotionally close to them.
You trust yourself with your work, and you have some emotional strings to it.
You trust yourself with your family, and you have emotional closeness with them.
You trust yourself with your friends and such, and you are emotionally close to them.
How is this different?

queue up...."Is that air that you are breathing, here, in this place?" -Morpheus

If I remember, sometime long before BD you picked up that something was "wrong". You knew "something" was up, not sure what, but something.

Your early warning system WAS functional with him. It may not have given you the exact nature of what was wrong. But you knew "something" was up.

It's the same going forward. And with anyone.

You trust YOU first, then others as they earn it, or don't.

"I mean I think he wants me. I think he wants this but why do I go back and hold on to the things like, "he is just using you right now because he doesn't know what he wants"

I DO know this feeling, pretty well...
It's fear.
It's our egos doing their job too well of protecting us.

It might be more productive to work on your fears rather than trying to untangle the mess our spouses have made of our M's, imo, right now.

There is so much we need to let go of, lots of stuff society, upbringing, expectations, programming says we NEED to hang onto.
We are a competitive, combative society...we are programmed to do something, even the score, etc.

For me, the foremost, perhaps ONLY questions worth asking about te R and sitch, are:

-Can I forgive, fully, honestly and completely?
-Can I leave the past where it belongs, in the past?
-Really T2, can you do that?
-Do you WANT to do that?
-Why?

The rest are superfluous.

That's about it...have too much to do this weekend, so I it's GAL and keep the ship and kids (and maybe W) moving forward...

wink

U
U
True stuff there.

There are no guarantees in life. But what if there were? Would you act any different?

We are going to get hurt in life. It happens. Its what you do with it that matters. How you act with it that matters.

Without risk, there are no rewards. Without struggle, there is not strength.

Life is too important to live it so cautiously that you miss the good stuff.

I know I have said this before, T, but you are alright, man. smile

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard