Ooh, I want you to stay
Ooh, I want you today

I'm ready for love
Oh baby, I'm ready for love
I'm ready for love
Oh baby, I'm ready for love
Oh, for your love

----------

W gave me the run down of last nights outing with her friends. Everyone has major crap going down in their life. MMF's kids are giving him problems, Bestie GF is considering dumping her new BF because he doesn't seem to have enough time for her. His kids and family always come first.

The guys said she needs to find a BF with no kids. The girls quickly retorted "Do you know how hard it would be to find that in guys our age?"

It took all my willpower to not hop up and down waving my hand in the air like a school kid trying to get teacher to call on me.

Originally Posted By: rH
W may not see you as such a bad option!

I know my H told me that he looked for better options outside the M and didn't find any so came back home...

GF is W's age, almost as pretty, and was only M for about a year... 10 years ago, and is still looking! Is W even paying attention here!!!

My dear wife, in case you haven't noticed, I'm right here and ready for love. smile

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
F
OP Offline
F
Previous thread: Time and Tide

She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
N
N
Fy,

It's been many years since any of us have looked to see "what's out there". If her single gf is having trouble finding the perfect man then I'm sure your w paying attention. Personally, I don't think your w is looking for a replacement. Like the others said, she'd be gone by now if she were.

It's just a matter of time before she realizes this and that what she wants is right there living with her. Your w will figure it out. She's almost there...in mlc time. Let's see that's one day multiplied by.......

Did you get a bike ride in today?

Btw, love the song, so appropriate for all of us.

Me:57H:62
M:34T:35
2S,2D (grown nlah)
BD:09/2012 visits M ow
EA/PA?:10/2012
H moves out 06/2013

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." -Dalai Lama
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks NLT! W and I spent much of the day together today. Did some chores, went grocery shopping, even talked some! When we got home I installed all the new electrical outlets and covers that she bought for "her" bedroom. She liked it and thanked me. Now she's out with GF, and yes I did go out for a night ride. I have some really nice lights.

She's still worth it.

U
U
Fy, I know sometimes it is hard, when you are in the sitch day in and day out, to see the small stuff.

But, clearly your w isnt going anywhere. And the fact that you can spend a nice day together, do stuff together, is great.

I do think she is processing stuff. The things that are happening with her friends are not lost on her.

Unfortunately, the way this works is that her reconnection to you as a h is last.

I so wish she would go and talk to someone, as she really needs to resolve some stuff.

You know, I am one of your biggest fans. I want you to know that I understand how frustrating and hard this is for you.

You have been amazing throughout this, and no one faults you for feeling discouraged from time to time.

You will know when you are done. I dont think you are there yet.

But as I've said, in your particular situation, doing something a little different when you are ready, will not be a bad thing.

F
OP Offline
F
I sold my classic muscle car last night. A 1974 Chevy Nova with a hot V-8 that I've had for a long time, but was kinda tiring of keeping. W and I took it out for a final drive together, I let her drive back. Unfortunately, there was no making out in the back seat.

No plans for any other cars right now. My feeling is to simplify across the board, invest our money and wait. We'll see.

We seem to be in a better place right now. W is happy, seemingly more content. There's been more interaction and talking between us lately. It almost seems like she may be warming up to me a bit. I sure hope so.

Today is W's B-day! She took the day off work so the flowers in a ceramic pumpkin I'm sending her will come to our home. (darn, I wanted to send 'em to her work) The card will say "You're not getting older, you're getting bolder! Love FY".

Her only plan so far was to meet up with LS for breakfast.

I made reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. The something new will be throwing out more talk about the future. Oh, and there will be some experimental touching. Trust me, I know what I'm doing here... If I don't update tonight it's because we're busy in bed. laugh

My sister (not LS) usually hosts Thanksgiving day for my entire family. She threw it out there that she was hoping someone else would do it this year. W stepped up and accepted! So that will be a huge project we'll get to work on together. Yay! Bust On y'all.

She's still worth it.

U
U
Hey FY, 74 Nova - cool car. But good for you for wanting to simplify. They say we collect things the first 50 years and get rid of them the next 50 - LOL!

I think it was best the flowers went to the house instead. A lot of pressure sending them to her workplace.

And I see some good stuff there.

I trust that you know what you are doing. You know I am being you with doing something different. I think your plan is solid.

Keeping my fingers crossed, saying my prayers and wishing with everything I have that things go the way you want them to, my friend.

smile

job Offline
FY,
I'm sure your w will love the flowers and the dinner you have planned. I'm sure everything will go just fine and who knows where the conversation will go if you are discussing future plans.

She's slowly waking up if she's stepped up to the plate and has offered to do the hosting for Thanksgiving Day. That a huge step in the right direction.

We all will be anxious to hear how the day goes. You are doing great!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2398415 10/28/13 05:04 PM
T
T
Good luck FY!

Just be your awesome self...and yeah, volunteering to do Thanksgiving is really good!

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

U
U
edit...you know I am with you on doing something different.

```````````

Ok, FY, I was thinking about you today. Yea, I know, dont say it. Get used to it, that's how I am with my friends. smile

Anyway, I was thinking that you know your w best. And your sitch is a little different in that there isnt an OM and she is so transparent. And you guys do stuff together.

Thats why I am thinking it's a good idea. But, I have to tell you, I am a little nervous for you. I want so much for something to shift for you. Ok, I will leave that wide open for you, T2 or Raine. wink

So, remember, no expectations.

Sending all good thoughts, prayers, luck your way, my friend.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard