Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
M
M
Fear.

It is an amazing emotion.

It can inspire us to feats of greatness. It can freeze us in our tracks. It can cause us to do some stupid things.

What was your thought process behind kind of blowing her off?

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out” ― Art Linkletter

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
OP Offline
The boating trip was tentative; w knew it was not entirely up to me. When we talked about the boating w seemed very interested in spending time with me. But she backed out the last time we planned to do something, so I didn't trust her. I am guilty of not keeping her informed. I was hoping until the last minute that w would ask me about the trip and then I could suggest something else. When she did bring it up, I did not understand her text ... Just "no boating this weekend :("... What does that mean? I didn't ask her to clarify; I didn't ask her to come join us. Instead I put out there what we were doing hoping she would pursue ... Texting is not always the best communication... Anyway I feel now like maybe I should have asked her to join

Me-45
W-44
T-7 years
M-3 years (4th anniversary July 13, but we're separated)
Kids from previous relationships (s14 d16 mine, s23, s24 hers)
M
M
Her text says to me that she was disappointed that she wasn't going sailing. Shame on you for expecting her to pursue you... Not usually the way things happen.

She backed out of the last thing planned? Was that the Vegas trip?

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out” ― Art Linkletter

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
OP Offline
My exchanges with w that led up to the Vegas trip being planned and then canceled are all in my previous thread. But briefly, w and I had filed an extension for our taxes and were just finding out at the end of June that we would get a refund. When I found out about the refund, I told w via text and we had a flirty exchange that led to us planning to go to vegas together. I said I would pay, purchased airline tickets, and booked a room. She indicated that she was excited about going. We had minimal communication between he time I booked the tickets and our scheduled trip (3 or 4 weeks time)which was going to happen the weekend after our wedding anniversary (Tuesday July 23). Late Monday night w text me happy anniversary and asked if Vegas was still on. In response to her happy anniversary I responded with something like "it was a wonderful day four years ago and Vegas is definitely still on. " we were to fly out on Friday. Wednesday morning I got a text from w saying "please cancel Vegas trip, I can't go". I initially tried to get clarification as to what happened but she indicated again that she could not go and could not talk on phone because of work meetings that day. I canceled the trip and now have flight credit in both our names. She never gave me an explanation. I took her cancelation as writing on the wall that things were not going to work out. I was about to completely give up on our M when w invited me out for drinks as detailed in the beginning of this thread. So I have a lot of fear of her backing out of stuff.

I am now thinking about texting her today "sorry boating didn't work out this weekend. Would you like to have dinner with me sometime this week?"

Me-45
W-44
T-7 years
M
M
Sales 101 tip... Don't ask your client if they would like to do something... Too easy to say "No."

Try texting... "Table for dinner... 7:30 PM Friday... Mario's*... This message will self destruct 5 seconds."

*Restaurant of choice...

A little humor... No pressure... No expectations. Yeah?

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
OP Offline
Yes. That is much better. Thanks smile

Me-45
W-44
T-7 years
OP Offline
Ok. So sent the following:

Me (3:10): Hey .. Was just thinking about you smile .. Did u ever get that pay increase to go along with your work increase?

Her (4:20): No $$$$ ... [censored] but at least I have work. Grateful for that. At regional manager meeting in xxx river rafting and camping for 2 days. Gonna be back in (hometown) on Wednesday. U free in evening to meet for a drink?

So I get my opportunity. I think I will say yes and suggest a place and time. Maybe this past weekend didn't set me back. I am hopeful!!! But not too much smile

Me-45
W-44
T-7 years
M
M
Nice!

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
OP Offline
I am still kinda just going along for the ride. But it really feels like the beginning of a dating relationship. When do I get to know what w is thinking when she asks me out for drinks?

Me-45
W-44
T-7 years
M
M
Uhmmm... Probably after you been hanging out a bit?

Quit thinking so far ahead. Don't make me pull out my new BFH Motivator... On sale this week at Home Depot.

M - 06/01
D - 05/14
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard