Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
B
B
Barb - I agree with you. I was actually being a bit sarcastic and playing off of the Bachelorette/Bachelor show theme.

Personally, I will have whittled down my selection to one woman long before sexual initimacy takes place. I feel somewhat guilty just dating more than one person and can't imagine sleeping with more than one.

BA

W
W
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain

Personally, I will have whittled down my selection to one woman long before sexual initimacy takes place. I feel somewhat guilty just dating more than one person and can't imagine sleeping with more than one.

BA

Hey, I thought this was all about pushing beyond your comfort zone...go all the way BA lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
No Wii - you go first!

BA - I don't think it's wrong to be seeing more than one woman while you figure things out. You da man right now!

Barb

W
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
No Wii - you go first!

Barb

I would, Barb, but I'm presently dating stuffed animals. Don't wanna spread myself too thin.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
Gunny,
I say you text back as soon as you can. For me, that's usually within the hour. No later than that.

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
S
S
I never got back to anyone too quickly. I didn't want to seem Too available. Within a 24 hour period was fine. Being a little "busy" gives a bit of mystery to your life in the getting to know you stage.

Barb

K
K
I would say don't try to play mind games. When would you answer a text from a friend? Do you think that through so much? I guess I am just saying we are all adults, don't we have enough drama without that too?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
But truthfully - in the early days when you are trying to figure out the other person - I seriously think if you respond too quickly or text too often you could be perceived as desperate, clingy, stalkiish or that you don't have a life.

Not suggesting you play games if you respond in reasonable order but not immediately - I think that's better.

Barb

OP Offline
Barb,

I agree!

Plus, not every employer is as congenial as I am... most of my friends work in environments where personal calls and texting are prohibited. Sweet Stuff honors that too, as he owns his own business. The only texts I usually get during work are appointment reminders or quick questions/news from my D19. My XH can't even bring his cell phone into his building, so he calls me if he needs something.

Speaking of work, I need to get back to things. I'm hopping!

TTFN,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
That's just it. Not everyone has their cel attached to them at all times. It is perfectly reasonable to reply when itis convenient for you.

I think part of the question was around when to call after a date (I think within 48 hrs is good) or when to call to book a date - I think more than 48 hours is polite.

JMHO

Batb

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard