Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
B
B
Ok - so I am going to have a busy week folks. The advice from the board seemed to lean towards (okay so maybe it was screaming) "don't limit your options early on" so I'm taking the damn the torpedos, full speed ahead approach.

Saturday it's "date 2" with MG1. We will be attending a festival here in town.

Sunday it's "meeting 1" with MG3 at a local yogurt eatery.

Wednesday it's "meeting 1" with MG2 for a walk along the National Mall in the evening after work.

TBD with MG4 - the ball is in her court right now to respond back to me with her schedule availability.

I feel like I'm on that cheesy show the Bachelor - perhaps I should ask them if they will accept this rose at the end of each date! smile

Wish me luck!

BA

S
S
Hey BA - I was thinking it was like Bachelor - LOL & I love that show despite the fact it is far from reality
I had 2 dates on the same day a few years back. One rose 1 stays, 1 goes. The choice was pretty obvious to me but every person & every situation is different

Good luck & just have On my way! Fun out there!

Barb

OP Offline
BA,

I just got the funniest visual of you and the rose. That is hilarious!

So know you have a middle aged cheerleader in Denver. I hope you have fun on every single outing with these women!

But just know that I'm not going to cheer for you if you choose Mrs. BA at the end of season 1. grin

Good luck!

laugh Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
May the force be with you BA!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Betsey - I'm going to need all the support I can get. I hope I have fun as well. These first meetings always make me a little bit nervous and anxious since they often feel like an interview and my inner competitiveness makes me want to do well in them - I know I have issues!

Wii - I think I will need more than the force. MG4 has responded back wanting to meet up this weekend (not sure when I can fit her in). To top it off there is now an MG5 expressing keen interest in getting together. These are just the women that have reached out to me that I find attractive and have interests similar to mine. There are others that I can tell we would not be a good match without even meeting. I am beginning to think there may be a shortage of men here in the DC area.

BA

OP Offline
BA,

Quote:
I am beginning to think there may be a shortage of men here in the DC area.

This has been the case in DC for a really long time. It was true when I was a young 20-something single, and I guess it still is. The guys I met out and about used to just sit back and let the women do all the work. I met one such fellow - back when I was cute, skinny, with a great butt - and he smirked and told me, "Whatcha gonna do that someone else has already tried harder?" I remember telling him, "Absolutely nothing. I don't work for my food - my food works for me." LOL, his jaw dropped.

When I moved to the Bay Area in the late 80s, it was the total opposite. I was a desirable fish in a pond that was well stocked with intelligent and good looking engineers who also happened to make boat loads of $$. I thought I had reached xanadu, you know? That's where I met my XH, whose strategy wisely was to inch his way in as my friend while I dated these boneheads.

Maybe that's not a bad angle for you in reverse? Choose the one you think would make your best friend? Of course, there would have to be that kind of attraction to go with it, but maybe you could quickly figure out who gets to stay on your calendar and who goes?

Good luck! 5? You're a stud!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Are you up for the challenge? Also, because she wants to meet quickly doesn't mean you have to either. Keep your hands on the steering wheel, do what you're comfortable with. I'd be clutching my chest and falling face first into my dinner plate if I were you right now lol. But I was a slooooow roller.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
G
G
I think there's a shortage of good men everywhere! But, I'm supposed to be changing my thoughts so I can manifest my man! Ya know..."The Secret" approach.

Have fun BA!

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
OP Offline
GG,

Quote:
Ya know..."The Secret" approach.

Good for you! All it takes is one good guy, right? And if he likes to swing his clubs with you, all the better?

I probably need to do more cleaning out at home myself. They say if you clear clutter and make room for someone to move in and occupy that space, your heart follows. Huh. More organizing this weekend...

Albert Einstein
K
kml Offline
K
Lol - my boyfriend actually asked me for a drawer and some closet space smile (He lives 2 hours away and comes down to see me most weekends.)

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard