Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
job #2244825 05/13/12 12:11 PM
C
C
Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
cat04 #2248850 05/27/12 01:10 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Journaling here a bit as I had two mildly interesting encounters with H today.

First one was this morning. H called looking for D13. I answered the phone. Mind you that H hasn't talked to me on the phone in about 2 1/2 years. It's rare that he calls anyway, but he couldn't get D to answer his text to her. He asked me if she was here and I told him yes, but she was outside. He asked me to either have her call or text him. I said I would. 30 seconds later he calls again. This time when I answered he asked me if it was me or D19, since we sound alike. I told him it was me. He asked if D19 was here and I told him, no. H then launches into why he's calling. He wanted to know if the girls wanted to go help him plant flowers on his family's graves.

Second encounter, this one initiated by me. I had a grave side planter that I had gotten for my Dad's grave. My Dad is buried in a huge cemetery in Soldier's Circle. (A little background here is that H and I used to go put flowers on his relatives and my Dad's grave every year) When H left I've been doing my Dad's on my own. DIL was with me and we were going round and round that circle trying to find my Dad's grave. H could get to it every year w/o a problem and I just followed him. Finally, I told DIL that I was going to call H and have him explain where to find the grave, since she and I had a garden to get planted. Boy, was I in for a shock. H said hang on, that he and D13 were nearby and he was there in less than 5 minutes, instead of just explaining how to get to the grave by phone as he's done oncein the paat right after he first left. He took us right to the grave. He even helped me wash off my Dad's stone.

The most interesting part of the whole thing was that H still will not look me in the eye, even when talking directly to me.

I chock it up to him peaking out of the tunnel for a bit. Could have done without having to listen to the planting stories he was talking about at his and ow's house. But it is what it is.

job Offline
Seeking,
Yep, your h was definitely peeking out a bit. I'm glad he came and showed you where your father's grave was located and assisted you in washing off the headstone. May I ask what did you use to wash the headstone?

He stills feels quite a bit of guilt if he won't look you in the eyes.

I hope that you and your family have a pleasant holiday weekend.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2248928 05/27/12 12:52 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Boy was that post filled with typos. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your thoughts, Snodderly. I hope you and your family have a great holiday weekend as well. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the time and wisdom you bring to this board. You have helped and continue to help those trying to negotiate a path they didn't ever expect to walk.

The headstone, and part of the reason I couldn't find it, was covered in a moldy fungi. A lot of the headstones were unreadable because of it. I have never seen this before. We chalked it up to having a very mild winter?

I was not prepared for having to clean the headstone, and had nothing with me to do it with. H had D13 get the watering can out of his truck and fill it. I basically cleaned it with water and my hand, but I really could have used a toothbrush. H took out his pocket knife and ran it through the grooves of the lettering which made them visible again.

job Offline
Seeking,
Please don't worry about the typos...I've done it myself many times...my mind always works faster than my hands when typing.

Do you have plans for the holiday? I've been helping my mother w/her yard work and we are almost done! I'll finish up later today when it is a tad cooler. Tomorrow is a day of relaxation!

The reason that I was inquiring about the cleaning is because I need to do the same thing for my father's headstone. The cemetary director told me that there is a chemical that you can use to clean it, but I'm afraid to try it because it could ruin the marble finish. I'll have to try using water and a very soft cloth to see if that will do the trick. Thank you for sharing your experience w/me.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2249056 05/27/12 09:54 PM
W
W
The cemetary director told me that there is a chemical that you can use to clean it, but I'm afraid to try it because it could ruin the marble finish. I'll have to try using water and a very soft cloth to see if that will do the trick. Thank you for sharing your experience w/me.

Juice of 5 lemons in about 1.5 litres of warm water. Perfect for mould.

Alternatively bi-carbinate soda paste, few teaspoons of bi-carb soda in a dash of warm water applied to the mould/residue, washed off with warm water. V

V

Never make someone a priority, who makes you an option.
Walking #2249066 05/27/12 10:57 PM
job Offline
Walking,
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try them one at a time if the warm water and soft cloth don't do the trick.

job #2283321 09/24/12 07:57 PM
C
C
Hey Seeking,

Saw you posting on another thread and just wanted to give you a shout out.

And send some (((((HUGS)))))!

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2283359 09/24/12 09:16 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Cadet,

You are so sweet!

(((Hugs))) back attcha!

S
OP Offline
S
To all of those on this board who may be affected by the storm headed up the east coast, please take care.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard