Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
job #2289854 10/16/12 01:20 PM
D
D
Hi Snodderly, thanks for asking about me and my family, my daughters are doing very well indeed. Regarding myself and other events I will have to start a thread of my own. Oh she finally spoke to me for the first time in just over 6 years, she said 'Thank you' cause me and youngest D had fixed other mans lawn mower, I spent over 2 1/2 hours on it, but youngest d would only charge them the price of the parts and d said dad has done most of the work on it. I kept my van engine running when we dropped it off but she was in the garden and she came out to the back of the van, doors open when she said it.

love Delboy

Delboy #2289855 10/16/12 01:24 PM
job Offline
Delboy,
Definitely start a thread! We've missed you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2289888 10/16/12 02:44 PM
M
M

Originally Posted By: Eric
I didn't see you answer Mach's either....

It's okay Eric, I'm used to Tad ignoring me....

Originally Posted By: Tad
Eric, ten things I am grateful for or ten things that make me happy? Not coming up with much my friend.

I can think of the first four....

Originally Posted By: Tad
Sons: 26,21,19,17

???

BeingMe...

Go easy on yourself as well...it takes time

Mach1 #2289932 10/16/12 04:22 PM
J
J
NSWTD,

if you stick around you'll get used to me.

I didn't really think you were being snide, and that is why I put the ; ) behind it.

When I say something that could potentially be taken the wrong way? I put a : ) to soften it.

And I wasn't suggestioning hijacking Tad's thread but to create you own.

When a person first comes here all they want is the 'good' stuff. They don't want to hear about the people who are doing amazingly awesome but not married. And it gets sort of depressing not seeing that all over the place...

I just ask you give it your best shot at being married and growing.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
A
Tad, unfortunately I don't have any experience publishing novels/fiction. I only know about non-fiction/academic publishing and proposals.

I know a lot of people are doing self-publishing via amazon. I don't know what the cost is or if there is no cost or what--but I guess I'd start looking there.

There are many "vanity" presses--those are other places that will let you publish if you pay the fees--but they can range a lot in pricing. That avenue wouldn't be acceptable in my field so I never pursued it, so I don't know the costs involved.

I have a friend who has tried unsuccessfully for years to get a novel published. What he's done is to just try to send it to publishers or try to find a literary agent. He gets rejected over and over. I think the reason is that he has no resume at all. I've suggested to him that he start "small" and contribute some short pieces to regional literary journals to build a resume of sorts, but he just keeps going for the whole novel, and I think it's very rare that someone writes a novel and some big company picks it up.

Your best bet is probably self-publishing at a cost or trying for some short story publications in small literary journals.

M45
Bomb 6/09; EA 6/10; Divorced 1/11
Proud single mom of 7 little feline girls and one little feline boy
"Fall down 53 times. Get up 54." -- Zen saying
AntoniaB #2289968 10/16/12 05:36 PM
T
T
Hi Tad,

I have an old fiend who self-published on Amazon Kindle several of his books for 99 cents. He got picked up a few months ago by a publishing house for his genre for his latest effort (which is really good, I have the original Kindle version before the houses editors had him change somethings...).

I am thinking the same path if/when I decide to publish.

This sounds like a perfect GAL for you, man... MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

smile

T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

job #2290207 10/17/12 01:42 PM
E
E
Quote:
How about writing those ten things?

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
N
N
I will seek assistance elsewhere

J
J
Hope all works out well for you and yours NSWTD.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone. T2, I was actually thinking about going the Kindle route. It might be my best bet for now.

Eric, Mach, J3B, AJ, everyone else....not ignoring. I just haven't been on here the last few days. I will try to answer:

Quote:
It comes down to a few questions that I'm not sure that you have the answer to.

What do you want ?

What are you willing to give to get it ?

Have you reached the point, where you are selling yourself for the outcome ???

And if you are.....is that acceptable to you ?

I want to be happy. Plain and simple. I am not happy (or as happy as I could be) right now. I am still working through the depression. Doctor says it seems to be getting better, but I still have a way to go. To be honest, I want my life back. Whether that happens or not is yet to be seen. No, I'm not expecting it, but it sure would be nice.

What am I willing to give to be happy? Anything that I have to I guess. What exactly do you mean by "selling yourself?"

Eric, you told me to list 10 things that make me happy or that I like. They may be cheesy, but here you go:

01 My sons
02 Gardening
03 Astronomy
04 Bowling
05 Watching football
06 Writing
07 The Ocean (Don't ask why I live in Arizona)
08 Fishing
09 The mountains
10 Rain

Told you it was cheesy.

To those who responded to my standing comment:

Thank you. I'm not sure if standing is the right word though. I have accepted the fact that she is getting married, but......I am not giving up. In my mind and heart there is always a chance until she says "I do." As of now, I'm laying low and taking things as they come. I figure I've got 8-9 months and the clock is ticking....

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard