Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
J
OP Offline
J
I think I have to have the convo. If it comes up at MC and I didn't have the convo that makes me look weak and fearful which is not what I wan to portray. I will just have the conversation diplomatically and remember to take any negative aspects of it with a grain of salt.

I know I am the best man for her and I know she was head over heels attracted to me. No reason I can think of that I can't be that man to her again.

Thanks for your input harrier..

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
J
OP Offline
J
Any chance I can get a boot camp person or a email pal on here? I really need the extra support because I know I am in a workable sitch I just need to work it right. smile

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
J
OP Offline
J
Or maybe a WAW on here to pm with to gain some clarity when I need it?

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
J
OP Offline
J
And I just want to put it on here cause I feel like screami it to the world anonymously.

My W is pretty much the most amazing woman in my world behind my mother..

I adore her beyond words, trust her with my life and know she is my best friend..

What makes this sitch so hard is we both have great qualities that we love about each other and we both are great together so to feel like this and see what has happened to us is very confusing.

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
H
H
Just a word of caution here guy.

Beware of putting your wife on too high of a pedestal. I know that sometimes the LBS can have the view of their spouse change to make them the greatest person in the world. But in the end, I know it does you no favors.

You can't really expect to have a real relationship with one person worshiping the other person. It's a fantasy really.

Ferris Bueller said it best. "you can't respect somebody who kisses your a**. It just doesn't work."

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
--Jean Jacques Rousseau.
J
OP Offline
J
Excellent point....

I do put her in a high place..

Last night she started telling me that she wants to re arrange the house with me. She said she wants to move OUR bedroom to the spare which is warmer in the winter...

AND she has been calling me "just because" again today.. I have not been able to answer due to bein busy... That's gotta be a good thing. .. smile

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
H
H
Those are good things. But remember not to look at individual events, but to look at the overall trajectory.

I'd say by all means keep doing what is working for you.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
--Jean Jacques Rousseau.
J
OP Offline
J
Me not being the initiator of phone calls and texts etc... Me working hard and bringing home some bacon. Me giving her space and finding things I like to do myself. I think those things all are working.

As to the trajectory overall right now, I'd say it's flat to a slight incline. But that's better than the slight decline I was at 3 weeks ago. Big thing to me is that she is back to making plans with the word "our" and "us" in them. I don't think being on a decline would promp her to do that very much.

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
D
D
Originally Posted By: Just A Guy
Me not being the initiator of phone calls and texts etc... Me working hard and bringing home some bacon. Me giving her space and finding things I like to do myself. I think those things all are working.

As to the trajectory overall right now, I'd say it's flat to a slight incline. But that's better than the slight decline I was at 3 weeks ago. Big thing to me is that she is back to making plans with the word "our" and "us" in them. I don't think being on a decline would promp her to do that very much.

You can back off of analyzing it every hour for now. Try doing your thing and look at it on a week by week. Be focused enough and in the moment enough so that she or the sitch behind you two is not on your mind at all.

J
OP Offline
J
As I start today I cannot help but wonder where we will be a year, a mont or a decade from now.. Will we be together? Will we have kids?

I am feeling more in cOntrol of my panic periods which is good. Breathing and meditation help. I hope over the next few weeks to have solid MC sessions and to feel some of that wonderful affection return.

I will bE focusing on being the best I can. Continue to work on my self image and control my needs.

Any women in here who were WAW that I could ask a few ?'s in private?

Me - 30
W - 28
M 4
t 6
ILYBINILWY #1 Jan - 2011
Band-aid Jan 11'
ILYBINILWY #2 7/28/12
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard