Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
OP Offline
S
Dang, Rick, I can see that I'm going to have to keep studying. I'm still looking for "el hotel e el restaurante". Thanks for a little inspiration.

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
Z
zig Offline
Z
hey stubborn - how are you?

thanks for that wonderful bird thing - hit the spot!!

hope you're having a good weekend:)
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Zig.

I got the last four tiles in without poking an eye out, so that's something. Grout tomorrow.

It really looks pretty darned good. I spent a lot of time cutting tiles and agonizing about how to fit them around the awkwardly placed window. It looks good. My accent strip of hand placed mosaic tiles - looks good. My niche - you have to stand in one very unlikely spot in order to notice anything not so good. Big relief.

I'm really looking forward to this project being finished...

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
N
N
way to go, SD. that can't have been an easy project.. congrats!!

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
Z
zig Offline
Z
great job stubborn - i have to say i'm not quite ready for that kind of project yet - something about it intimidates me no end!! it's as if i completely believe i'm not capable of that sort of patience

good luck with the grouting:) - i've heard it's the easier part??

you are going to feel so good when that project is done smile

my horoscope today said - 'get your house in order'

so that's what i'm doing grin

maybe it will help to take the shakiness away...

hope you have a wonderful day
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

S
OP Offline
S
Last night, in a weak moment, a friend offered to help me with the grout today. I took her up on it. Good thing, or I'd still be in there. Long, exhausting, messy, but wow it looks great! Did I mention how great my accent strip looks? We were both taking photos when we finished.

That's all the excitement for today. Now I have to finish packing for my week on the road and get to bed before I fall asleep right here.

Not sure when I'll have a chance to check in this week. Y'all stay out of trouble when I'm not lookin'. Just get on that blanket and don't move.

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
Z
zig Offline
Z
you too, stubborn grin

when you say week on the road - i imagine a motorbike smile

hope you have a great week - and wowo on the grout job! isn't it loverly when friends come in to help?

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, a motorbike would be fun! One time the rental car was a little Fiat. It was hilarious how guys came out of the woodwork for a look or maybe I'd just let them sit in it for a minute?

I'm on track with the food and fitness goals. Went out for dinner and a tour of the town with a business acquaintance. She's great fun (and married, so don't get any ideas...) PMA is okay. The Spanish language CDs threw a few more verbs into the mix and they're spilling out my ears.

P emailed yesterday with her intended arrival time and suggested that we talk on the phone to make sure all our ducks were lined up. I did start to wonder (okay - worry about) what she had up her sleeve, but she called tonight and it was just a few minor logistical concerns about her D's visit.

I expected that she had closed on a house by now, but she hadn't kept me in the loop about it. I asked, and yes she had closed last week. I congratulated her and generally acted more excited about it than she did. She told me about her moving adventures and fix-up projects. I was encouraging about her abilities and validated her frustrations.

She reiterated that she would work on whatever project I wanted when she arrives. I appreciate it but I sure don't understand it.

We talked for about half an hour. We were both tired. I ended it first.

It was a perfectly fine conversation and I was a bit unsettled afterward. The distance. What's not there is bothersome. I need to have a mantra about that. Is it Adinva who reminds herself, "This is my new reality"? Just observe. It is what it is.

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
S
OP Offline
S
Daily report on the goals... Doing okay on the workouts. The healthy food took a slight detour at a very nice little Mexican restaurant. Slight.

PMA is okay. Good time to review mantras, though. And get to bed earlier!

G'night all.

Me - 54
P - 59
Together 5 yrs
She left 4/2012
N
N
Originally Posted By: StubbornDyke

It was a perfectly fine conversation and I was a bit unsettled afterward. The distance. What's not there is bothersome. I need to have a mantra about that. Is it Adinva who reminds herself, "This is my new reality"? Just observe. It is what it is.

hey SD, yes I know that feeling well. i think your mantra is a good one. it is almost like we have to erase the past and think of it as starting over with someone new whom we know really, really well smile

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard