Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Z
zig Offline
Z
i do have a small progress to report.

I did meet with the woman today and pretty much got the knitting job. A lot of details to iron out - we are both new at this. But it seems as if she can give me as much work as I am able to do.

I do have to design the pieces - and i started on that already today. She was very pleased and excited about the stuff I make, which was really a good encouraging feeling for me.

So my "goal" of finding a job,, suddenly fell into place. It really feels as if the universe just dropped it into my lap while i was looking elsewhere....

In fact there will be so much work to do, that I am going to have to seriously put my nose to the grindstone to get it done : grin

there won't be so much time to worry or focus not this sitch!!

Timely...

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

Z
zig Offline
Z
sg - are you around tonight?

i could really do with a conversation, am feeling discouraged and unnerved

thanks
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

"if i could define enlightenment briefly, i would say it is the quiet acceptance of what is"

Z
zig Offline
Z
so - i don't know if anyone will see this, but are there any vet out there who can help me set some goals here for the following few weeks.

h is ready to file for divorce.

after "snooping" as in others voluntarily giving me info - apparently his A may not work out.

i realize that they could kiss and make-up, in spite of that, so definitely not making a big deal of that in my mind. otoh, if there are any suggestion from vets who have been in that situation and have some insight for me - AND especially help me keep sight of what i should be focused on - it would be very helpful.

thanks
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

M
M
So what were the reasons why his A may not work out? Take it for what it's worth...information.

Have you cleaned up and changed the negative behaviors that he initially complained about? Not the nonsense spew, but the real behaviors that you felt needed changing?

What were some of the things that made him attracted to the OW in the first place?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Z
zig Offline
Z
Thanks Mrbond - for stopping by.

i actually didn't realize anyone had posted back to me here until tonight

So what were the reasons why his A may not work out?

i'm assuming you want my opinion on it, based on what I heard?

this does not come directly from h, but from his mother whom he spoke to. I only know some of what may have happened, and so these are my thoughts on it. all he said directly to me was that "it's probably not going to work out with ow"

apparently ow was pushing h to meet his family and our s, for a while. they arranged several weeks ago, possibly as long ago as march that she would come this weekend for the "great" family gathering.

last thursday he told mil that he was feeling alot of pressure from her about doing this, and realized that he had f'ed up and he should cancel her trip. the next day after the D conversation with me, he did. he then told mil in 2 more conversations that ow was a bit upset, and then that she was freaking out, and he had realized that there was no way she could be coming up here while he lived with his parents (he just moved in with them 3 weeks ago). when mil said "people who don't have kids don't understand the sacrifices that parents go through for their kids" he agreed and said that's for sure

there are three people that h cannot face with this affair. His son and his mother's parents (who live there too). this family gathering (and it's huge) is to celebrate the same grandparents 70th anniversary. when it comes down to it i don't think he can walk in there with ow and look them in the face. and her pressuring him - well h hates pressure of any kind, even when it doesn't exist he perceives it as pressure.

i have no idea what else it could be.

what i do know is that last friday in the morning before he cancelled her trip, he came here to talk about how we were going to file. at one point i asked him very gently what his thoughts were on how he would introduce ow into s's life, and requested that we could discuss it before he did, so i could be prepared to support s. he promised me that we would do that. i don't know if that had any effect (earlier i had asked him that he wait until after the D for this), but he did cancel that trip the same day, and also told mil that the trip hadn't just been postponed, but that there were no plans for her to come up while he lived there - she said he was quite indifferent when he said that.

one thing i do know is that during those 3 or 4 days, the only person he didn't feel any pressure from was me. mil had freaked on him initially when he told her

one thing i do know about h is that he cannot abide anyone who gets upset or freaks out - he shuts down if they do (i did that alot during our m , and didn't realize that he could not even begin to handle it)

Have you cleaned up and changed the negative behaviors that he initially complained about? Not the nonsense spew, but the real behaviors that you felt needed changing?

in spades - far beyond my own expectations. it is constantly confirmed for me by all around me, including h - he has said that i am amazing in the way i have handled this. a few weeks ago he pointed out that i was this amazing strong woman who had her [censored] together - and believe me, i didn't before he left.

What were some of the things that made him attracted to the OW in the first place?

well, i'm not sure if i can answer that. around october last year, 2 months after it started, i said something to him about how i understood that he went to find something outside our marriage that was obviously missing for him. his reply was - that's the thing, nothing was missing.

apart from telling me once that he realized when he slept with her that his sexuality was intact, i don't have any other direct info about that.lately he's been going on about how we didn't have enough sex and now it was too late (we slpet together one night about a month ago and he was really freaked out because he felt so much and because he enjoyed it so much, but also felt that he had been disloyal to ow)

in the beginning when i found out who and where it was it seemed significant. she's the sister of one of his friends from a very fun period in his life - he had never met her all these years, until last august. i do know the sister and mother - they all live together in this wonderful nirvana like place. [censored], even i want to live there!!! early on, in one conversation he admitted sardonically that he could see how he was enacting out that period, when i think he felt truly free. he was going to uni and lived in a tent in the forest with his dog and had a motorbike. he started this sitch by getting a motorbike then riding it down there and starting the affair the next day!!

i think he felt trapped and wanted his freedom - and now when ow is pressuring - that's not freedom any more. i also see how h's father has several times escaped the ties of his marriage in order to feel free....

sorry my answer was so long - hard to pack it all in and give a clearer picture

i suppose i should mention that when h left, it had been 2-3 yrs of us both expecting me to be a messed up semi-invalid for the rest of my life. he came home everyday not knowing whether i was going to be half passed out in bed from severe migraines or "having a good day". it did look very bleak, and i suppose now when i think about it, maybe what he was getting from ow was emotional connection.(also , he didn't have to make any effort - with me he had to make a huge effort in his eyes that he hated making)

due to the post-concussion syndrome symptoms, i had lost most emotional connection with everything and everyone around me. it was coming back slowly and the year before he left i was getting better - a lot better, but it was too late for him to even notice that - he had given up long before.

thanks again MrBond -for looking in and asking

zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi zig -

I'm glad you're reaching out and connecting...actually YOU KNOW HOW TO SET GOALS now better than a lot of DBers. So let's see you do it.

DO IT. Then start the threads that teach the goals class YOURSELF. TAKE THIS OVER FOR ME. You've got it.

I LEARNED by moderating. I became accountable. Now I'm happier than ever with the best partner ever. He DB's better than me now.

I'm proud of you.

Keep soliciting advice....but for goals, girl...YOU'VE GOT THIS.

SET THEM. I will check back.

In this moment...I'm travelling with my job a lot, unexpectedly...not normal...but will happen again for the next week or two.

Do the goal thing. I'll check in on that. Other stuff...work with Bond and/or others. THEN .... think about it seriously ....

YOU BE THE BOND GIRL . I mean the GOAL SETTING expert.

I will help you till you completely take over. Are you interested?????/

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
B
B
If I'm reading this right.....SG wants you Zig to set up a thread about setting goals and for you to chat to others on that thread about goals they are setting and progress they are making...

SG says (she? he?) learned loads by moderating so I think SG is suggesting that you start working with others on setting goals.

sgctxok Offline OP
OP Offline
Exactly.

Set goals.

Refine them
(doable within 2 weeks-ish; action oriented, positively stated, something your spouse (or you and your spouse together) will DO differently)

Track progress

Set next step goals repeat.... (until everything snowballs and relationship comes together)

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
Z
zig Offline
Z
I will help you till you completely take over. Are you interested?????/

Yes, thank you

I became accountable.

I see how I have to do this now

MrBond, 25, cat04, KD, Denver, Adinva, Starsky, Accuray. labug, and all of the other vets - will you help, please?

sg - how should it be set up? you said "threads" as opposed to thread. in this forum or the KLA one?

Any suggestions on how the structure will be set up?

thanks
zig

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Z
zig Offline
Z
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=110222#Post110222

michelle posted a link in the first post on this thread in the staying solution based workshop under Goals

the link doesn't work. any way to reinstall it?

Is the Joann she is referring to the coach Joann, or a DB poster?

me 46 H 38
M10yrs T 11
S10
BD ow 8/11
h filed 9/25/12

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard