Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
A
A
Brookie you made me laugh with the reunion comment.

Hi Tad, thanks for the well wishes! I really have dropped off posting in general I guess. I've been really busy with work and have more of a social life than I used to, and I "lurk" around here to stay caught up, but rarely post. Glad to hear you have a new job, though. Sometimes things like that end up being a real kick start in a new direction.

M45
Bomb 6/09; EA 6/10; Divorced 1/11
Proud single mom of 7 little feline girls and one little feline boy
"Fall down 53 times. Get up 54." -- Zen saying
P
P
Hey! I didn't get the reunion memo!

Eric, as you say, what goes around comes around. And/Or Vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord. I think you are a very special parent, and your kids are lucky to have you, and are just beginning to know it as adults.

I know there are things in my past that I would never be comfortable admitting/discussing with my children, even if it happened before they were born. Having to face the truth while still in an MLC - OMG. I believe that like other facets of MLC, they will peep out of the tunnel for only a moment or two, and then run back in to hide behind the lies. Your sons may not make it so easy this time. I'm sorry your sons had to go through it, but happy that they know the truth in regard to their remarkable Dad.

A
A
Good to catch up on your sitch Eric. Seems like you're doing well!

"Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I need it the most"

M18
Me39,H42
D16
Bomb 1/10
Moved out 3/10
OW 6/10
H wants to R,OW gone 11/10
H moves back 5/11
H wants to wear rings again 9/11
E
OP Offline
E
Hey everyone....

Just dropped by to say thank you for all of your responses. I miss all of you and will try and get back here a little more often.

Just a quick update...

My grandmother (who raised me) passed away on Wednesday so I am working on arrangements, etc. I feel at peace now that she has passed and I believe is in a better place. She had been in a nursing home and really her quality of life was the not the greatest. It's funny though....the comments from the extend family about me....have actually confirmed what I already knew, which was...I am a totally differnt person. My mother, whom btw admitted to her own crisis and "fog", and I had a long conversation yesterday...her quote "Eric....wow...I am so proud of the man that you have become - you are the man that this family needed". It made me smile and reminded me that this "process"...can truly be a postive IF ONE LETS IT.

On a personal note....Thinks are okay with me. Girlfriend and I are working through some of the "trust" issue that ensew when you enter a new R and you have left one with a cheating spouse (I have to say that when your spouse cheats it truly leaves some deep scars). GF is a good woman and pretty communicative so I think we will work through the issues - so far so good. smile

As for the kiddies and I.... I still have the kids a little more than 50% of the time, which is great! The boys are doing well. My oldest now has a job and is schedule to begin college late Aug (culinary degree). My younger son will be a senior in HS and is now thinking of going to school in Florida, which I totally support. As for D, well she is still daddy's little girl although she is hitting that "stage" if you know what I mean and so I have a funny feeling that the next few years will be...well let's just say interesting. smile

In terms of my XW - her married OM has filed for D. She has introduced him to the kids as her "Boss" and "friend"...although my boys have figured out that it is more than friends. The R between her and I is pretty much ONLY about the kids and amounts to no more than a monthly email re: parenting schedules, kid finances, etc. Based on her response to the last few emails she seems to be a little less angry, which I think is good for the kids and I. It funny, I can still recall the feelings of wanting her back - those feelings are gone for the most part. The only thing that I feel (and it aint often) is saddness for her. I hope and pray that she finds the peace that I believe everyone looks for.

Peace out and stay well everyone.

For the newbies.....KNOW THAT IT REALLY DOES GET BETTER - YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT TO!

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
job Offline
Eric,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this sorrowful time. I'm sure your grandmother is in a better place and is w/o pain. She's watching over you and your family now and it at peace.

Your children are growing up quickly and they appear to be doing quite well. I'm glad to see that things have settled down for you and the children. Take things slowly w/your lady friend and learn to trust once again. I know...it's difficult when someone close to you has cheated on you and the trust goes right out the window. But, I do believe that you can learn to trust again and if your lady friend is able to communicate w/you and you both can lay your thoughts on the table, you'll be okay.

Take care of yourself. Life has a way of turning things around and it looks like you've got a few new adventures heading your way!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you snodderly!

D
D
Eric,

Strength and honor, my friend.

And my sincerest condolences on your loss.

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
J
J
Eric,

I am sorry for your loss. I am honored to know you and call you a friend.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
Eric,

My condolences to you and your family.

Yes, your Grandmother is in a better place. I'm sure she's there with a smile on her face very proud knowing she raised a good man.

E
OP Offline
E
Drew- thanks man.

Jack- the honor is mine bro!

Seeking- thank you. I have to catch up on your sitch!

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard