Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for Ryan ... and you too! What a difference a week makes! I felt very strongly that God's hand was in this b/c it reached a crisis point and ONLY God could have make all this fall into place. PTL!

And so much confirmation that all is exactly as it should be ... finally NICE people HELPING you and caring about you ... instead of making your life more difficult.

This sounds like a wonderful plan for Ryan ... so please trust that God is behind this and that it is going to lead to wonderful results.

As I've written before ... I think you need a respite from the bully ... and with Ryan in a fabulous facility ... you will have some well deserved time to yourself and the time to restore mind, body and soul.

Of course you will be visiting Ryan daily ... but the change up will really benefit both of you ... and it's only temporary ... you'll have your precious son back soon enough.

I so strongly believe in the power of prayer ... and you really do have MANY prayer warriors on your side.

And congratulations on your induction into the executive Lion's Club. It says a lot about you that you've already made a place for yourself in a new life and community. I admire your gumption!

Have a wonderful time in Florida ... all is well in Barb-land!

Summer

SUMMER #2254109 06/14/12 01:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Summer,

I agree with everything you wrote. I just cannot believe how such a horrible situation turned around so quickly. I was praying a lot and I know many others were as well. Some special angels were batting for us - some I have met - some I have not.

But it was also a test. A BIG test of strength, faith and endurance. A tough test - because Ryan and I were both getting so tired. Strangely, despite the fact Ryan is in hospital - I have never seen him so happy and alert in months as he has been in the past week. Just the reminder I need.

I slept in this morning. Going to hospital in the afternoon - meeting with Physio and checking out a wonderful new piece of equipment that Ryan will likely be using. I have Ryan's worker with him until I get there so I can have today to get things in order - so many things got shoved aside as I concentrated totally on Ryan.

Last evening as I was making my salad for our Pot Luck I thought about my new life. So happy to go to a dinner with non-criticle people. I felt "judged" somewhat in Niagara. I really don't miss it. I felt weird last night as people were to bring their significant others & Josh could not attend. But guess what? Several of the members also came alone and I never felt weird for one minute.

And last night the incoming president (and my new friend) announced she'd like us to sponsor a local Santa Claus Parade. To which I finally realized my calling in the club. PARADE??? I DO PARADES!!!! Having run a dance school and majorette team for 36 years - I know how to do a parade. So it sounds like I am going to be the Santa Claus Parade ChairPerson. Now I get my time to shine!!!

I'm a happy girl! Last week I had just about reached one of my lowest points in years - this week I'm back on top of the world!

Oh and for those of you who talk about "dates" and "anniversaries" - know this - Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of my Divorce becoming final. I was so busy in all that was going on that I FORGOT!!! And look what June 13th had in store for me!

Happy days are here again!

Barb

M
M
Ooooh!!!!! Parade!!!!! So much fun! I can't wait to hear your plans for it.

I'm so happy that things are working out for you and Ryan. His care directly affects your wellbeing so when they mesh....MAGIC!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
You're SO right Mish! I am just full of energy and spirit today!

Barb

K
K
So glad that everything is turning out well for you and Ryan. I think perhaps his being in the hospital and you away from the irritating care taker boss has something to do with the good vibes. I am sure Ryan can tell that you had been extra stressed and now you aren't stressed as much.

Hope it all works out well for everyone.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
OP Offline
S
Yes Kat,

I'm sure he could sense my stress!

Looking back - I am not sure how I didn't SNAP last week. It was all coming to a head. I have to stay on good terms with "the witch" but I'm not letting her have all the control.

I have made a few people at the hospital aware of WHO is in charge (me) and what "I" feel is appropriate for MY son. I will still have some of his regular workers go into hospital (the witch has suggested many more hours than I have scheduled but I told her "No thanks). She has accepted that and actually been "caring" and helpful. Who knew? But she knows I AM vital to her business and she won at the price increase. Incidentally, I emailed her 2 days ago that the new price which was to start June 15 was increased, according to her, due to his increased level of care. But as Ry was in hospital and the workers were basically going there to "entertain" him and to gain some new physio training - I did not feel it appropriate for me to pay them the new wage. To which she AGREED! She will not charge me the increase until Ry is out of hospital. YEAH - another victory!

So Ryan was moved to the new setting yesterday morning. We were able to participate in a couple of group activities - exercise outside and horseshoes (rubber type with participants sitting in a circle). So nice for Ryan as he has been in isolation. Lots of meetings for me and when I left - his worker was there for the afternoon and then they were having a live band come in last night for a Creedence Clearwater Revival jam. FUN!

Today I'm taking off from hospital. Josh and I are going boating, doing a few "chores" around the house and checking out the new restaurant that opened in town. I'm also feverishly trying to pack for Florida. Florida is where I will find myself again. It is what I NEED!

Oh, and I haven't even bothered to inform my ex. He has not texted again so I will wait until he does. If he doesn't share the pain - why should he share the glory?

At any rate - there is JOY in my world once more! My daughter started a 2nd job - this time in her field (Nutrition) and she is doing great! My other son started a new job last month and finds a huge increase on his paystub. He has also finally started texting me regularly (learned he had been texting the wrong number for a year - I was wondering what was up with him!).

And Josh is still Josh. Even tempered, easy going, a true partner in all of this - OUR LIFE!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
This week is going great! Josh and I spent time with Ryan at the hospital on Sunday. Ry was responsive and seemed pretty happy. On Monday I was able to participate in his physiotherapy. They used a Sit to Stand> Once up, Ryan stood on his own and would NOT sit down. They took away an assist, then another then a 3rd - he just kept standing. They are probably going to use a different assist after this - he has outgrown the Sit to Stand.

I've been after my nursing care agency to work on standing/walking for the past 13 months and I got every reason in the book why it wouldn't work. And they wouldn't do it. I'm glad Ryan is out of her clutches. And she is SO over the moon that he is doing so well.

I had a short trip to Florida planned. Was going to cancel. Hospital staff insisted I should go. Ryan's workers will go daily to be with him and the hospital staff are wonderful - taking him outside, involving him in group activities etc. So I threw some things in a suitcase and woke up here in Disney World. So excited. I will be taking some classes and meeting up with friends. And SHOPPING!!!

What a difference a change of scenery and people can make - for both myself AND Ryan.

Ex texted on Monday, asking how Ryan was. I told him the therapy was going well. He did not ask if he was still in hospital or even which hospital. That's a good indicator he has no intention of going to see him. The hospital staff asked me about him - if he called for info etc. I told them he could ask me - I am always honest about what is going on. But I let them know he is not very involved.

My other 2 kids did not see their dad for Father's Day. Ashley thanked me for being both Mom and Dad to her. I stopped in Niagara yesterday and took my own Dad out for lunch - which was nice. I chose to fly from Buffalo rather than Toronto so I could do that (and also because I have free Southwest flights - LOL)

So I'm going to recharge. Not let the Ryan stuff drain me completely. I believe he is in therapy for another month or so but these things change on a dime. The hospital's goal is to have him out by his birthday (4 weeks from today). If he is making progress and happy - I'm not going to rush him though. I want him to have every opportunity to learn as much as he can and improve physically. If he is still in - I will arrange to have him out for the day on his birthday (there is actually a Fun Day planned including a parade). And I think I will start bringing him home at least once a week so he can go boating, feed the ducks, hang out at the beach etc. That will make it all easier on us.

OK, promised myself NOT to stay on the computer while on holiday. So I'm OFF!

Barb

M
M
This sounds like exactly what Ryan needed to get his strength back. So happy for both of you!

Have a blast in FL!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Barb,

Thanks for the update. It all sounds wonderful. Ryan sounds like he's thriving & congrats on your victories with the bully! You & Ryan definitely have a guardian angel watching over you lately! Have fun in Florida!

Summer

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mish! I'm already feeling so much better. I believe Ryan will do just great!

Barb

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard