Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 54 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 54
M
OP Offline
M
Van Halen was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was a date though.....went with a friend of mine who I've known for like 5 years or so, but it was just the two of us (he'd bought the tickets and invited me), he drove there and back (which carpooling makes sense obviously with cost of parking and such, but he offered to pick me up from my house, which wasn't on the way really), and wouldn't let me pay him back for the ticket.

So I'm suspicious about that. And not sure how I feel about it - he's a great guy, super nice, had a good time chit chatting and all (too much actually - we were so busy talking he missed one of the interchanges going into Berkeley and ended up going over the Bay bridge into San Francisco lol). But I'm not exactly feeling 100% ready to date either. At least I leave for annual training this weekend so I have a couple weeks to mull it over.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
S
S
Hmmm...

Sounds interesting. And he sounds like a nice guy. But you are right to take your time. See how you feel.

Van Halen would have been an AWESOME concert - I'm jealous!

You know - you can always "date" as friends. See how it goes. Just having interaction with a nice guy can be great.

Barb

M
OP Offline
M
I sent him a text this am, "Thanks again for a great night smile But I think Tattoo is forever ruined lol" (he was telling me on the drive back about a parody version these radios guys did, "fat dude", and I woke up with that in my head LOL). He texted me back "It was a lot of fun. I don't take every girl on a loop through San Francisco to see the city lights :)"

K
K
Don't mind read Michelle. You don't know what his thoughts are. I have always thought it was nice to have a guy to do stuff with that was a friend. Okay so they did usually end up liking me and I was totally oblivious. Maybe no the point I was trying to make.

I guess what I am trying to say is let it be what it was...a couple of friends going to a concert. VH is pretty special to me. Our song was one of theirs from the Sammy days. When I was still trying to salvage our marriage I bought tickets when they were in KC. So bummed that Mike wasn't on bass. These boys fight a lot(Yes Eddie I am talking about you!) Ended up being the first rock concert that then s15 went to.

I think he was my better option anyhow. lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
we were so busy talking he missed one of the interchanges going into Berkeley and ended up going over the Bay bridge into San Francisco lol

I've done that! Aargh!

M
OP Offline
M
Well, I have known him for 5 years. And I'm definitely getting a different vibe off him now.

But either way, it was fun. So it doesn't matter.

Van Halen was totally totally awesome. Definitely worth the drive and late night on a work night. smile

That's awesome that you took S15. Sounds like a ton of fun.

Yeah, it was pretty funny. We had to get off the freeway by AT&T park and turn around. No big deal, and nice that he can laugh at himself about it. smile

B
B
Well speaking from a guy's perspective I would say yes, in his eyes it was probably a date and he is testing the waters to see how you respond. His response to your text seemed flirtatious as well. Just my two cents.

BA

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the guy's perspective. smile Always nice to have another opinion. And yeah, I interpreted his text that way too.

M
M
Michelle, I know you said he's been your friend for 5 years. Does that mean you don't think he's attractive or have you just never looked at him with that eye because he's just been a friend?

Sometimes those guys that are the closest friends end up being the best men in our lives in more ways than one. wink

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
A relationship based on a good friendship can be a great one. You already would have a history, a liveability and shared interests. Unless you see him as a "brother".

Barb

Page 51 of 54 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 54

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard