Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
Tonight I'm going out with SDA Lady. We're planning to have a nice walk in the park but she says if it's too cool she'll stay in the car. I suggested that if it was too cool we could just stay in the car and make out lol! We spent much of the weekend together. On Saturday we went to church and then to a park where we sat by a pond eating blackberries and raspberries. We're also planning to see each other Friday evening and Saturday this week. We're going to church in the Saturday morning and the zoo in the afternoon. This week SDA Lady's employer asked her if she would be willing to work evenings and take a few hours off during the day, she said NO. She said she'd be willing to start at 8 instead of 7 and work till 6, if that would be of help. Employer wasn't interested.
I spent the afternoon on Mother's Day with my Mom. I gave her a 2 hour spa visit for this Friday. She's never had a facial before, so it'll be a first. Btw, she just bought a condo and is selling the house I grew up in. Another milestone.
So that's my update.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Well, it took an hour and ten minutes to pick up SDA Lady due to an accident on the highway. So, rather than the park, we ended up at the foodcourt at the mall. After walking around the mall, and purchasing a new belt for me, I drove her home. We cancelled Friday night cuz we're getting together Saturday ...and we're old and tired people lol. SDA Lady's friend just got her medical which usually means one more month before she'll be coming to Canada. SDA Lady is looking forward to being liberated from her shackles! Her friend is taking over her care giving job...lucky her.

S
S
So where's she going to work?

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
She doesn't know! She plans to get a room first and then look for a job. She's not wanting to be a Caregiver but is willing to try anything else. Her employer told her today that when her friend arrives to take her place she's welcome to stay in their home while she looks for work and her employer also said she'll help her find a job. Her husband owns a company and they've told her before that she could work there if she'd like. She texted me today telling me this news but was also doubtful, as her employer is not in her good books of late. I said "hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They're people with money and connections. You can still look for a job and accept any help that is offered. Every little bit helps!" She replied "Yes, you are right. Miss U!" So, we shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
Again, her plan is to go to school at a private collegge near my place that teaches drug manufacturing (yeah I know,we've done those jokes before folks!). She has to have her Permanent Resident status before she can do that though. To my knowledge she has about 30 thou stashed away for this purpose. She's just looking for a job to pay the bills while she waits. She knows three people who have gone through the course and are all employed in the drug manufacturing industry and making a fair living. So, that's the long term and hopefully, after waiting now for two years, her PR status will not take much longer. But, because she's bringing in her daughter it takes ages.

W
OP Offline
W
A nice day with SDA Lady yesterday. We went to church in the morning and then came back to my place. She wanted to stop at a store to pick up some items so she could could dinner for us but, being Jewish Sabbath, the store was closed. Oh well. We came back to my place snuggled on the couch and she fell asleep in my lap. We never did get to the Zoo. She then got a phone call and apparently we had been invited to her cousins for a BBQ in the evening. So, off we went to get a cake, and spent the evening at my first Filipino BBQ. One of her friends said "when you two get married I want to be your Maid of Horror!" It was a nice evening. I dropped her at home about 11:30pm.
Today I went to church and later I'm meeting my best friend for dinner. Maybe SDA Lady and I will hit a park this afternoon, we'll see.

W
OP Offline
W
Today SDA Lady and I went to a Pioneer Village for the afternoon. We had a wonderful time. It's great to have a partner that will actually take pictures of all the stupid things I do. Check out my FB page for the latest "church" adventure. Poor SDA Lady she was rolling in the pews laughing while trying to take the picture of me I wanted...that's why it's a little fuzzy. Afterwards we went to a park and snuggled together under a shady tree...sharing an orange and a lots of kisses. Later we went out for dinner...and she insisted on paying (you gotta love that in a woman!). When I dropped her off I told her how much I enjoyed our weekend together, we saw each Saturday, Sunday and Monday. She kissed me and said "the more I see you, the more I want to see you!" So sweet.
Btw, Happy Victoria Day everybody!

S
S
Happy Victoria Day Wii!

Sounds like the perfect w/e for you! And it is really nice that you are both getting to spend more time together. That's awesome!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
SDA Lady and I are setting up my best friend with one of her friends. She talked to her friend and part of her sell job was, "Whatis and his friend are at an age now where they are seriously looking for a R, they aren't looking to play around" Hey, I think she just said that I'm old! She grilled her friend, it was so funny. She said "he's your best friend and sounds like a nice man. I want him to have a good experience and meet someone nice" She's on a mission! She says that if this one doesn't work out, she's got lots more possibilities. My best friend doesn't stand a chance lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, Voldy is going away for three days...hooray! Last night she was on the phone fighting with D15 and I was in my room. I could hear my daughter crying "no Mommy, please don't" So I came out and it took all my strength not to intercede. Voldy was pissed about something, probably that the child had spoken to her disrespectfully and was threatening to phone the school and have D15 taken off the school track team. Typical Voldy bullying. when you're mad, instead of walking away and returning to the subject when you're cooler, you pull out all the big guns. Wow, how many years have I seen this! Finally, daughter and mother calmed down and it ended peacefully. Part of me wanted to jump in and protect daughter but I have to realize that daughter is old enough now to deal with her mother on her own. If Voldy had of said she was going to pull daughter I would have been on the phone immediately. We co-parent, she doesn't just make those kinds of decisions unilaterally...uh uh! Daughter is so proud of her track & field status, just got her hoody yesterday with her name and school name etc. and, of course, Voldy has to spoil it. So, I let them work it out, hard as that was. When we were together I used to jump in and take the blows for the kids when she was overboard. I try to stand back now and recognize that the girls and their mother have to work out their own relationship. Bye bye Voldy...won't miss you for three days! I talked to SDA Lady last night about it and she was very understanding and supportive. It was nice to have someone to share with how I was feeling. It's so hard to stand back and see my baby hurting but, at least, all turned out well. They agreed to commumnicate better in the future...whatever that means.

Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard