Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
I am in the process of contacting them for that option Jack. Thanks for the idea, though.

I just needed to vent, relax for a minute, and breathe to clear my head.

Good to see you posting again Jack!

M:35
W:33
M: 5 yrs.
Daughter: 2 yr .7/11/10
D Final: 8/7/12
J
J
Thanks. smile

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

T
OP Offline
T
I had to put down a boundary this weekend with STBXW. She has been texting me the last 2 weeks at 6:30 am with random info./ questions regarding D1 that aren't emergencies. They could have waited until later in the day and were waking me up.

I texted back with the request of please do not text me before 8 am unless it is an emergency regarding D1.

Of course in her same childish way she texted back that she would not bother me at all ever again.

Then that night when I responded to another text about D1 at 8 pm, she adds the barb, "well it is late now, so goodbye."

Then the next morning she texts at 6:30 am again!! I did not respond until after 8 am.

I would shut my phone off but I am afraid I would miss and emergency call from family or STBXW.

As for the daycare situation, I think I got it handled. It is good to have good friends. The daycare lady that currently is taking care of D1 will allow half the payment this month and half of it next month, which helps greatly. The new daycare was not so generous.

I am learning very quickly though how much I can be thrifty by buying certian supplies at the dollar store and making multiple meals with small rations of staples!

W
W
Hey Tested!

There was a series of books bases on the newsletter called "Tightwad Gazett". I got some great ideas on moey saving from her. Lentiles and rice casserole and using powdered milk in any recipie that call for milk are things I learned from her. Also to NEVER buy bisquick, always make your pancakes, waffles and bisquits from scratch.

About the texts: seems like a childish control issue. She is up, so you ought to be too!

Me 57 XH 58 Sons age 32 & 27 M:32
D final 9/12
Bought 10 Acres and Living the Dream!
K
kml Offline
K
Or, she's thinking if you're with a woman, she'll be interrupting you.

The Tightwad Gazette books are AWESOME - highly recommended. The author's name is Dacyzyn.

T
OP Offline
T
LOL! Me with another woman.. interuppting at 6:30 am!!! I like morning nookie once in a while but, usally the mornings don't work for me.

On the same note, I have been informed by the Department of Manhood that my timeline for getting some is almost expiring and soon they will reissue my V-card! smile Have a good day!

T
OP Offline
T
BTW thanks for the Gazette recommendations. I'll have to check it out. Do they mention how to make cheap whiskey? :p

J
J
Honey
Water
Yeast

Drink the stuff the Vikings drank.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

T
OP Offline
T
LOL Jack! I think I would rather drink the stuff the Giants drank! wink

Last night STBXW texted me @ 9:30 pm asking if D1 was alright.

I replied yes, why do you ask?

She says that her mom was freaking out out D1.

I asked her why would she freak out?

She then asked again if D1 was alright.

I replied yes again.

I then told STBXW that her mom can feel free to call me if she has concerns about D1's safety or would she like me to call her?

STBXW then quickly replied NO! Don't!

She then said that her grandma might be failing and that was probably the reason for the call.

I gave her my concern and prayers for her family.

Within 10 seconds she texts that the emergency was her sister, who miscarried their child.

I gave her my condolences for her and her family.

That was the end of the exchange. STBXW only told me about her sister's pregnancy 2 days ago and apparently she was due in Sept. I find it extremely weird and suspect that within seconds she would have the outcome of what happened when her mother would have notified her by phone not text about such a grave matter.

Did STBXW make all of it up including the pregnancy? Who knows. I guess it doesn't matter. I hope she at least made up the miscarriage for her sister's sake. I guess I'll know in Sept.

So that was my strange exchange of the day. STBXW still texting about D1's welfare everyday, so I have to respond, otherwise I get caught up in court on not communicating as a parent.

Talk about control issues.

T
T
Het TM,

Quote:
Talk about control issues.

They can't control themselves, so they find other things/people to control. My W spirals into these control freak fits, since she is still in-house, it usually revolves around money (especially small amounts) and the kids....Calm, rationality is the only thing that seems to side track the train, at least in my experience, and you sound like you have that down perfectly.

Once (if?) they get control of themselves back, their need to control others dissipates.

Hang tough!

smile

T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard