Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
S
S
Wii: I'll give her a job. Starts immediately. Reasonable hours although you'd be a couple of hours away and wouldn't like that. Nice place to I've her and I'm a nice person(really).

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Very tempting Barb...but I gotta say NO! Hey, come to think of it, I'd probably see her as much as I do now anyway lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
O
O
I'm not sure if either of you is kidding, but I wouldn't shut down the conversation so quickly. It could work beautifully.

Best,
Oldtimer
O
O
Or, ignoring distance, would it just be too weird?

Best,
Oldtimer
K
K
I was going to say you see her one day a week...what is a little distance. You already text quite a bit, that wouldn't change. Why don't you let HER decide since it would be HER job.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
Nope - I was honestly NOT KIDDING! Would not be too weird for me.

Wii - Josh and I went several years with just seeing ourselves once a week - then overnight then 2 nights a week. Now we are 3 nights a week but he commutes from the same city as you. (ahhh - you 2 could Car Pool).

But God works in mysterious ways. If it's meant to be...

I have a new friend (since last summer) who owns the house next door to me but does not live in it. She is in her 70s. We hit it off immediately when we met and I learned she had a place in Fort Myers. I've seen her there more than here. Anyway - she is selling her house here and when it sells - she will give notice to her renters. This week I saw her and asked her about the cabin on the property - it is adorable - always wanted to rent it but she can't rent both the house and the cabin separately but now that she will be living in it - that changes everything. It has its own 3 piece bath, full bedroom and small sitting room/kitchen. My thoughts were that I could use it as a nanny suite without having the nanny right in the house. And in the interim (until it was available) - we have lots of room in our house to house a nanny - we just want to keep that for visiting family.

So the wheels are turning in my head. It would be cheaper for me to rent a nanny cabin than to pay that $ to the agency. And I'm no slave driver!

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
SDA Lady is meeting with her employers right now. She decided not to wait till tomorrow. She texted asking me to pray for a good outcome. Any of your prayers are welcome too, Dbers smile

S
S
Sending prayers. When you reach the point where you can't take it anymore - it is very stressful. I've been through it with employees and agencies. My son is going through it at his job right now too. It's tough but sometimes things have to fall apart in order to come back together the way they're supposed to.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Barb. She has given her employer three weeks notice. Thankfully things are ending well with the employer. SDA Lady wants to try and work for the agency her best friend works for. It's non-caregiver work as she says she's tired of doing that for now. So the fun begins.

K
K
Now she has to find a place to stay...hmmmm.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard