Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Barb. Before the hot and steamy stuff we decided to watch a movie and we snuggled together on the couch. She then lay down and put her head on my lap and wrapped my arm around her. After awhile she said "Whatis, I'm falling asleep" so I told her to go ahead and rest and so she did. I held her and with my other free hand I stroked her head and her cheek as she slept. Wow, what an amazing feeling, I felt such peace ...it's been a long time smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Well - if we're going to share the REALLY mushy stuff - let me say this...

Josh wraps his arms around me all night every night we're together (3 nights a week). The comfort this has brought me most nights (occasionally it gets too hot or uncomfortable) - is amazing! It moved me to a better place and when Ryan was in a coma last year - I would have died without that I think.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
I can understand that completely Barb! Thanks for sharing that mushy stuff smile

K
kml Offline
K
My ex and I slept that way too. One of my love languages is physical touch, so I miss that part. Although I must say, now I'm so used to sleeping alone, I'm a little afraid if I do get a steady boyfriend, that their snoring or wiggling might bug me!

Wii - I'm so glad for you that things are going well. smile

W
OP Offline
W
Last night SDA Lady called me at about 8:30pm. Her employer had just moved and they were in the process of unpacking and apparently it was a disaster. She said she was exhausted (she started at 7 am) and her employer has no food on hand and doesn't seem interested in getting any for dinner. I said that I'd be glad to go pick her up something and drop it by the house. She was very grateful and asked if I could get Congee for her. So I did so, it took about 25 minutes to drive over and 25 to drive back, no big deal. She phoned me at 11 saying she just finished work and thanked me for doing what I did for her, she then broke down in tears "Whatis, I'm so scared you'll think I'm taking advantage of you. I asked you to bring me food and it's a long trip for you, you don't just live across the street. You mean so much to me. I have you to talk to and I know you'll listen and understand. I'm scared that you'll not want me anymore..." I said "Sweetheart, you're very tired right now and I'm not going anywhere. We take care of each other, right? Hey, I'm glad to help you because I know you really care for me. Besides, you don't ask for anything very often anyway. You just get your rest and don't worry. I'm here!" yes, she was tired. I hope she's feeling better today.

W
OP Offline
W
Well, things are looking up. She was able to find her underwear this morning, she couldn't find the box last night ! I replied to her text "the nice guy part of me is happy for you but the naughty part was hoping you'd never find the underwear lol!" She replied "then that makes you 100% a man lol" and I said "u better believe it, baby". She seems to be herself again. She always bounces back smile

B
B
You guys are so cute! You make puppies seem hard and cynical. smile

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
B
B
BTW, it brings a smile to my face ... the cuteness, that is. I hope you never lose that in your R.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Being Me! SDA Lady and I have a really nice rapport. We both enjoy being silly but we also know that underneath that is a real warmth and caring. We actually talked about how we feel about each other last night. It was nice to share those thoughts with each other.
She also told me last night that she has arranged a meeting with her employers on Friday morning to tell them "enough is enough". She is willing to give notice unless they reduce her hours and responsibilities. She works approximately 73 hours per week and the house they've moved into is 50% larger than the last one. She was also told yesterday that she needed to put the kids to bed one evening per week as the wife plans to attend a cooking class...so she can learn recipes that SDA Lady can cook for them! SDA Lady says "I'm not happy here, I've had enough of them" So, if they don't give her some reductions she will give her notice. She's been there four years and her best friend said yesterday "I know you love the kids but you're not loving yourself if you continue to stay and work like this. Where's your life?" She's right. So tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

W
OP Offline
W
I've booked a massage for this evening. The shoulders and neck are in a sorry state of repair! Too much driving the last few weeks. This should calm things down...and lighten my wallet by 80 bones too lol.

Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard