Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
I'm about to head out to pick up a couple of my former classmates from University. We're getting together for our yearly check in. I phoned Voldy and asked her to pick up D14 from gymnastics as it occurred to me this morning I couldn't. So, I called in my favour from last night lol! Voldy was fine with it, last night was still fresh in her mind.
SDA Lady texted me this morning saying how much she enjoyed our Youtube singalong last night. Me too! D14 heard us last night and said this morning "you two are so lame!" Is that good lol? We do know how to party, don't we. Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to church in the morning and then SDA Lady and I are going to the Raptors game later in the day, should be fun.
Bye for now Dbers.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I had a wonderful weekend. Saturday night I had a great visit with old university friends, one of which is 85 years old this year! On Sunday SDA Lady and I went to a shopping mall downtown for the afternoon and the Raptors basketball game in the evening. The basketball was fine but the snuggling was even better! At one point she said that my hands seemed a little dry and pulled out her hand cream. She lathered her hands and took each of my hands, one at a time, and began slowly and gently caressing them and finished by stroking each finger one at a time. Her touch was just so gentle and caring. It felt so amazing! Wow, it's been a long time since I felt something like that smile
Also sitting next to us was a Filipino couple and their two kids, so on both sides of me I was hearing "Eye yii yii!" and at one point, after a missed shot, SDA Lady and the other lady looked at each other and said "Eye yii yii!" I laughed and said "hey,now you've got someone to Eye yii yii with!" SDA lady asked the other woman to take pictures of us together. It was such a nice evening.
When I arrived home SDA Lady called me and told me that one of her friends had just called and she had been at the game too. She thanked me for a wonderful evening and before saying goodnight she asked "Do you know this song, Whatis" and began singing the theme from Love Story to me. She said "Next time we Youtube together, we'll sing it. OK?" so sweet.
Well, that's all my mushy crap for one day lol!

K
K
As the said in the Little Mermaid....Kiss the girl!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Lol. Actually, at the end of the evening, she said she'd like to kiss me but she still had a bit of a cough and didn't want me to catch it again...meanwhile we've been all over each other the whole night, if I didn't have it by then I must be immune lol.
She called me this afternoon at work. Last night she'd bought a small Raptor basketball at the game last night for the two boys she cares for. She gave it to them this morning and they were so excited and thanked her for thinking of them. They rushed upstairs to show mom and dad. They returned and said "Mom says this isn't a real basketball and she'll buy us a real one" Holy sh!t...where do you go with that! Then Mom came down and said "did you see how excited the boys where, thank you for giving it to them" Ah out of the mouths of babes, bet she didn't expect them to come down and report on what Mom said! SDA Lady is laughing about it now, she said initially she was hurt but then realized she bought it for the boys...not the parents.

W
OP Offline
W
some amusing texts between SDA Lady and myself today. On FB a lady from SDA Lady's home city asked to be my friend. I checked with SDA Lady,thinking she must be a relative. SDA lady has never heard of her. I checked and this person "Likes" a FB page that I "liked" about a Filipino festival. I told SDA Lady that "she's probably looking to make overseas contacts. Delete!"
SDA: "maybe she likes you"
Me: "Well, what's not to like?"
SDA: "I think she sees the handsome and funny man of her dreams!"
Me: Wow, she knows me well. Maybe I should invite her to go out with us on Monday
SDA: Lol ha ha ha
Me: I think I'll just keep you instead
SDA: You sound like you have some doubts smile?
Me: No way! When you have the best you forget the rest
SDA: Congrats then!
Me: Besides I'm too old to handle more than one lady at a time lol
SDA: Too old? Wine always tastes better when it's aged
Me: That's true, just don't wait for years to open me up and taste me, OK
SDA: Lol, will do

S
S
Wii: It is nice that you have found a really nice lady friend. But it really should be progressing romantically by now. Or are you happy just being friends. Because that was not what you were telling us a couple of months ago.

She is waiting for you to make the move. So DO IT already. Kiss her!

Josh and I took things slowly. (YES, we really did). But the truth is- he kissed me on our first date. And if he hadn't by the 3rd date - I would have moved on. Because that would tell me he really didn't find me that attractive.

You can argue the Asian thing to death but the teasing and joking is fun but only to a point.

What are you afraid of???

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
I'm not afraid of anything Barb. I think things are moving along romantically. We have a great deal of physical affection expressed between us, if we didn't I'd be concerned. Now to say that I'm "arguing the Asian thing to death" is just plain wrong. I'm respecting the culture the lady is from. One of the things she told me she likes so much about me is that I am respectful towards her...as well as affectionate. It's interesting because in my online dating experiences the word I heard over and over again from Filipino women when you talk, message, or have coffee with them is "respect". SDA lady and I have discussed the differences between dating here and dating in the Philippines, she knows where I want to go and I will probably go there on Monday when we go out again. I think she's pretty much there anyway. I went for it after a month and she asked if we could kiss on the cheek for a while longer, I agreed. In her culture they date at a painfully slow pace. That's what she knows, that's her point of reference. She has never dated a non-Filipino and even that was over 21 years ago. When I told her that here couples are often in bed after dating for a month she was horrified, "that's why there's so much venereal disease here!" She's also horrified that on The Bachelor he kisses more than one woman, "disgusting" were her words!
So, are we "friends", I hope so! But I've never had a friend touch me the way she does or say the caring things she does to me. Honestly, I'm happy right now. I believe she's in this all the way but it's a process and we will certainly be discussing that process again. Whether it will all work out, who knows. We both have needs and we need to figure out how to meet them together and, again, that's a process.

M
M
As long as you are 'feeling the love' in other ways, that is all that counts. Only if it was stagnating and all talk, no touch, would I be worried about it.

Sounds like so much fun!

So it's Monday this week instead of Sunday?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
I think she is a good friend and is very interested in you. And I'm not suggesting you jump into bed with her. But a kiss is a simple romantic gesture.

And I'm only referring to things you wrote a couple of months ago about going for that kiss. It just seems like a really long, long time.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Honestly Mish, I do 'feel the loving'. She's very affectionate and caring towards me. She tells me "you're my man" in many ways. She once told me that "every Sunday is your Sunday". A few weeks ago we were snuggling on a park bench and she said "I care very much for you". If, at some point, I feel my needs are not being met then I will act on that. But now, I'm feeling things are moving along very, very well. Hey, when her sister contacts me to be her FB friend that says a lot. It means family is now checking me out and in her culture family is everything...and I mean everything! And yes, we are getting together on Monday this week because we both have the day off. I suggested we go to the Ontario Science Centre and she said "OK, you're the boss lol" She also has a great sense of humour and to put up with me you need that badly!

Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard