Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
S
OP Offline
S
Infidiltiy - have not read about that, but I suppose it would not hurt.

I should expect the script from my W since reading from otehr's post they all must be taking instruction from some universal book.

I am backing off and will take time to respond to her emails or texts. I need to give her more emotional space than she has requested.

Starsky - thank you for your responses, I will save them and activley read them so I am better prepared the next time this conversation occurs.

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
S
S
Originally Posted By: Sad in WI

I was looking at our bills and it looks like she is going to have a large junk of money left from the funds that I give her to pay some of the household bills. Is it wrong for me to suggest that I keep the money in savings?

You should only be giving her enough to cover the joint household bills. If any item is in doubt, err on the generous side, but you should NOT be paying for her cellphone, drinks or anything else she's doing to sustain her waywardness/walk-away'dness. You don't need to "suggest" anything; just make the adjustment next month, and when she asks "Why did you only give me '$X'?", say "Because according to our family budget, that's all that's needed to cover the joint household bills. I decided to keep the rest in savings."

Starsky

P.S. btw, that "I have decided that _______ " phrasing is good to begin to use. It shows decisiveness, and leading, and strength.

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
Originally Posted By: Sad in WI
Infidiltiy - have not read about that, but I suppose it would not hurt.

Sad, if I remember correctly, you searched but did not yet find any evidence of an active affair. Whether or not there is OM in the picture (and I highly suspect that there is), the script is still very similar. That's why I said "waywardness/walk-away'dness." The dynamics are pretty much the same.

Starsky

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
OP Offline
S
Starksy,

Why do you suspect a OM?

SIW

S
S
Because I re-read your very first post (lots of red flags in there), and have followed you all along, and your wife's behavior fits it to a "T."

Just my opinion; I certainly don't have any facts to base it on. Would it be a dealbreaker for you anyway? Wouldn't your approach be largely the same?

S
OP Offline
S
Honestly I do not know if it would be a deal breaker. Guess I will see/if when I get there. You are correct that the approach is the same.

~
~
Infidelity is a hard game and starsky plays some of the hardest here, in that regard...

None of us should ever have our heads in the sand thinking that there CAN'T be an OP...

So bringing that into the air can be VERY helpful for us to intake and deal with in the event that hard evidence presents to us WITHOUT SNOOPING FOR IT!!!

Just have a plan B. Consider it as one possibility and ruminate over how you might deal with it intellectually and emotionally and whether you MIGHT be able to get past it...

S
S
Quote:
I am backing off and will take time to respond to her emails or texts. I need to give her more emotional space than she has requested.

crazy

The two does not mix.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
M
M
Sad -

Okay, between Fergie and Starsky... now, I'm reading along closer... smile

(Pardon me if I forget some details, as I read your history awhile back)

Finances - I guess I just wonder... why, if you are the one to be distributing money, that she's given more than what is absolutely necessary to handle the household? I'm not sure I'd trust someone whose considering walking away, have access to additional cash...

Plus, if you're asked... and, finances were an issue in the past... Just LEAD, and tell her. "I gave you what was needed to run the house. I kept the rest in savings, and am considering how we can invest in most appropriately."

Drinking - This is just ridiculous behavior coming from a 30-something Mother. My first gut feeling is to ask you if there's a way to lock her butt out, if she's out late, and/or you know she'll be coming home in that state. You have young children.... yet, old enough to get that 'Mom's not normal'!!! I'd get a handle on that quickly. What's next? Taking them to events w/her friends, and driving them home?

Infidelity - I don't think women always have to have someone else lined to up to want to leave. Especially, since your W is in her party girl mode. HOWEVER, there sure are a lot of red flags!!!

Any subtle hints? If you've been intimate lately... new requests, etc...? New undergarments? New purchases from VS, etc...? Does she talk about a male, perhaps a mutual acquaintance, etc... a little more? Women like to talk. She might even find a way to talk abut them TO you... Just cuz, we like to talk.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
S
OP Offline
S
Minfull,

W drinks at home and never ever drives period. She goes to work and comes home. Her routine has not switched, except maybe coming home earlier. Usually 2-3 glasses of wine when she drinks and does not go to bars/clubs.

She has been more intimate with me the last month than in years. No new undergarments/VS. She talks about work and all her workers. I don't get any buzz for a particular man.

SIW

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard