W
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS

dont mind me, passing thru, being nosey smile

Nothing to see here, Ma'am...but thanks for the drive by smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
Awwwwwww.....I knew there was a reason you were posting all those pics of your dad.

I love the way you are honoring him.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Mish, miss him lots!
SDA Lady and I didn't see each other today. We decided earlier in the week that she needed to rest today. She went back to work on Wednesday and worked 13 hours a day for the rest of the week. Last night she fell asleep while tucking one of the kids into bed! Her plan was to go to the doctor's this morning for her pap smear, grab a quick lunch and go home to rest. She texted me in the a.m. (she didnt' think I was going to church cuz I went the night before...but I am one dedicated Christian lol!) She then called me in the afternoon telling me she was getting her hair cut. Apparently, after a convo with her bff it was decided she had a hair crisis that needed immediate attention, something to do with "frizzies" (I'm a guy so I have no idea what such a crisis might entail. A male hair crisis is when you've lost your comb and it's been over a week!) She called me later in the afternoon to tell me how excited she was about the tops she had just bought at a very cheap price. "I'm so excited, I just had to call you"...uh, OK. She said "I'm so sorry, I'm supposed to be at home resting. I don't know what happened!" I said "I do, you went to a mall to get your hair cut, game over!" She told me once before that her only vice is shopping. Tonight we talked on the phone and she told me that her best friend had invited her over this afternoon and wanted her to bring her Jane Fonda Firm and Burn DVD so they could do it together...SDA Lady said "No, I'm supposed to be resting". Everybody seems to love Firm and Burn, her employer borrowed it to burn a copy, the six year old is always asking to watch Firm and Burn and now her bff. It's the gift that just keeps on giving lol! Anyway, she shopped her little heart out and I went to a park to read. Honestly, I think she needed some alone time just to putter around by herself. I told her that I was glad she was feeling better and had a little time to do things she liked doing. Next week we're going to the Raptors game. We're both looking forward to it. So, after talking for two hours tonight we called it a day. That's my update.

K
K
Big hugs. Thinking of you. I know your dad is still there for you to talk to when ever you need him.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: kat727
I know your dad is still there for you to talk to when ever you need him.

That's true, unless he's watching a baseball game lol!

K
K
Thanks for throwing your support towards my love of KU basketball! You just crack me up!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Thank G and Kat, my Dad was an amazing man. He battled depression most of his life but is remembered by people as one of the happiest people they have ever known. That's nice. He took what life threw at him and even at the end, in the hospital dying, he had a smile on his face and always a joke to tell or a laugh to share. I miss him.

S
S
The first anniversary is the toughest as are the holidays the first year. But it does get easier and you are able to remember the good times.

I refer to my mother's death (nearly 7 years now). I can't even imagine how I will cope when my father's time comes. For now - I am grateful for the 85 years he has been on this earth and feel so lucky to have had him visit me in Florida last week.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I celebrated his life in the way I thought appropriate. Yes, he was on my mind a lot but that's what these times are for. I talked with SDA Lady about it the night before, she listened and we both shared what we missed most about our Dad's. Her Dad is still alive but he's incapacitated with a stroke and is no longer verbal. I also talked to my Mom for a bit on the day and she was fine. So, that's year one come and gone. Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

W
OP Offline
W
SDA Lady texted me yesterday morning to apologize for going on and on about her job issues the previous night. She said "I hope I didn't bother you too much" I replied "I'm OK with you venting once in a while, I hope it helped" That was actually big for me that she recognized that her bitching may not be a desirable thing, my ex would bitch endlessly. hour upon hour and then get upset if I needed to take a break for a wee wee! It never occured to her that she was overboard...and I should have said so! So SDA Lady and I traded a few silly texts during the morning. At lunch she texted "I know it's your lunch time. Enjoy!" I replied "my dessert is missing. I can't seem to find my Sweet SDA Lady Fruit Bar!' she replied "Well, I guess you'll have to do without dessert lol!" Last night she told me that she was working in the kitchen earlier and couldn't stop laughing as she remembered some of our silly texts of that morning, "I had to close the door, I didn't want (my employer) to think her Nanny was losing her mind!"
After Dancing With The Stars we talked about the show and events of both our days. She told me she likes the fact that we talk and share about our day... and before hanging up she said "Whatis, I love talking to you". So Sunday we are going to the Raptors basketball game...although she was coughing again a bit yesterday night...oh oh. But all in all, we're still enjoying each other and that's what counts, doesn't it smile

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard