Have fun girl!! smile

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
H
H
Barely, have you checked the forecast. It stinks, but could be quite exciting at the beach, the weather people on the local news tonite said "already gusty at the beaches but a big windstorm Sunday nite and monday, probably people out there are flocking to check the big storm coming in, always fun to do that from a safe distance". And the temp at OS 43 tommorrow. Just drive careful - everytime my teenage kids and even when grown, that is what I would say, it kind of became an eyerolling running joke. I'm so glad I had kids! They and this board are so helpful to me now. So have a great trip, maybe you really do need some kites! Take care.

L
L
Did I hear Bug Museum?

Quote:
He seems to be hitting a low. But I can not get dragged down into that hole. I struggled so much to keep my head above the water and now, it's up to him to do the same. I hope he finds the breaks but.. I just don't know. It makes me sad.

It is sad but you're right, we can't do the work for them. Either they want it or they don't.

I think you are well on your way to detached.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
R
Barely...I totally get what you are going through with H. You watch them drowning and know that they have to get out of it on their own. And then you think about their life choices. So, not easy. You are doing the right thing for EVERYBODY (including you) the way you are handling this.

You're still the strongest ever!

P
P
Originally Posted By: barely floating
I held my tongue and just tried to empathize and said if he thought it would help then he should see IC. I really wanted to say.. Yes. Their lives don't centre around you.. That's why people have families and spouses who love you unconditionally!!!

This ^^^^^ is so hard to do.... but it has a positive impact (IMO). Looking back, it was like I had Tourrettes and the words just fall out of my mouth before I had a chance to even think about them- this ALWAYS created trouble. Keeping my mouth shut- and only saying the validating/positive statements- keep things civil.

SO PROUD OF YOU for only saying what needed to be said.... life lessons will teach him that he is not the center of the universe (as many WAS think about themselves), but if YOU tried to teach him, he would resent you and be reassured that he made the right choice to leave.
------------------
You are going to have an AWESOME time with the kids! Bug museum?! That sounds gross and interesting at the same time!!

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
G
G
I think you are well on your way to detached.

Bug is on to something here. wink

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
R
R
Bug museum as a GAL actibity...just added to my bucket list! Labug should go there!

P
P
rick? what is an "actibity"?? Is this kind of like an activity, only drunk??

I loled when I read that, just had to pick on you a little smile

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
R
R
Porky Pig meets alcohol!

H
H
Barely, I must have gotten confused. Thought you were heading to Ocean Shores this weekend. Whoops!

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard