Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
Caller Id and vm are $10 more per month extra. As for her employers, they were very good about the U/S and drove her for the test and stayed with her but with this they are complete jerks! Yeah, I can't fathom why they would want their kids spending time with someone who is obviously ill just to go out for dinner...too weird! As for her friend, the issue is that to come to this country her friend has already put out money to come by paying the agency etc. There are costs involved so to suddenly cut her out now means she's out her stake money and has no employment in Canada...not nice to do to her. She'll do her time with the family and move on when her open work permit is obtained. It is what it is.
Btw G, she was being funny re the "active" comment, later she mentioned to me that they also look for ovarian cancer etc. She just doesn't want to do it next week, it can wait a few weeks.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Yes Kat - I think a chocolate pie is in order. Makes my lips smack. Actually I just finished watching The Help again tonight with my dad and his lady friend. Suddenly I'm no longer hungry...

I had no idea you had to pay extra for caller ID. It's always been part of my pkg. My kids have it as well and they have really basic phone stuff. But whatever - I never answered my phone on dates. I know about the kids etc but I just wonder what happened before everyone had cel phones.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
I know about the kids etc but I just wonder what happened before everyone had cel phones.

Barb

...and ex spouses lol!

S
S
I just think its sad that no one can go anywhere for a couple of hours without answering their phone or putting up with other insensitive morons who repeatedly talk loudly on theirs. (Was not referring to anyone here).

Yesterday we were at a museum, sitting in front of a video. I was with 2 85 plus year olds who were straining to hear and some moron a few feet away answered his loudly ringing phone and kept shouting HELLO HELLO HELLO. Come on world - just don't answer it. Put it on mute. Go outside. But I am OVER listening to other people's conversations, driving around idiots who have phones glued to their ears while blocking traffic and swerving over the line. How stupid can people get? And don't even get me started about texting and driving. Is anything that important that you can't wait until you are safely parked??? I have a severely disabled son. I NEED to carry a cel phone but there are many times when I don't even check it because I ask myself - can this wait?

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
The world is certainly a different place now, isn't it! You can't even be alone in the washroom. People can find you no matter where you are now that we're all so connected...yet people are lonelier than ever, go figure.

W
OP Offline
W
Tonight was Dancing With The Stars and SDA Lady and I watched it together...in different locations. We were texting back and forth through the entire show commenting on the performances and having laughs together. It was fun smile

B
B
I loaned my cellphone to my son for about a month (his was disconnected ... no money ... lost his job). Ahhh, the freedom. I had a ready excuse when people tried to get a hold of me. "Sorry, I didn't have my cell." Mind you, I don't get a lot of calls, so it wasn't a huge thing not to have it. wink

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
OP Offline
W
Today I finished 1.5 days of training on a new reporting mechanism which I'm told we're gonna just love...and it's all about the client! Sure it is. Anyway, yesterday after work I took SDA Lady dinner. We had a really nice lunch at work so I bought an extra portion to take to her. I knew she was still pretty sick and would probably appreciate a decent dinner. I texted her and she responded "thank you so much, ur so thoughtful. U know how I luv salmon!" So we arranged to meet in the park beside her house that way she said we could sit and talk for a bit. When I arrived she wasn't there yet. I phoned and she had began to feel sick to her stomach and dizzy again. She asked if I could wait 20 minutes or so while she lay down. I said "sure, I'll read a book while I wait". She came later and we sat on a bench talking and hugging. We saw a Cardinal (is that good, Kat smile )and she asked me "what does a skunk look like?" She also told me she didn't know what she would have done if I hadn't been there to help her lately. Her employers are still being the SOB's I have previously described. No offers of food or assistance whatsoever just "can you work tomorrow?". Bizarre. She did tell me that the six year old came down to see her in her room. He ran over and hugged her (despite SDA Lady telling him not to) and his Mom called him upstairs and told him to let SDA Lady rest. He said "Mom, I'm not bothering her, I just want to stay and hug her to make her all better" Hey, me too kid lol! He then told SDA Lady that he was going to sit on her floor and keep her company until she felt better. SDA Lady asked him what he wanted to do and he said "watch Jane Fonda Firm and Burn" so they did lol!
Anyway, SDA Lady's sister in Alaska just sent me an email saying "Whatis, thank you so much for taking care of my sister! God bless" I replied "It's a pleasure to be there for your sister. She's a very special lady. Take care"
So that's my life for now. I booked 2 rooms for Ottawa in April. Yes, I'll be rooming with my Mom for 2 nights...oooh, the bonding will be awesome lol!

W
OP Offline
W
It was one year today that my Dad passed away. I remembered him by going to two church services this morning and singing my lungs out. Dad sang in church choirs for 65 years, I thought this would be the perfect way to honour his memory. Singing was a major joy in his life. I know he heard me smile

K
K
:-) yes he did

dont mind me, passing thru, being nosey smile

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard