Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Have you ever wondered why you can't just have nothing major happen for a while? I must have overlooked a bid on ebay because I could have sworn that I had outbid on all the autctions I was bidding on. One must have slipped my eye somehow and I hadn't even looked at my account since I didn't think I had won anything. The guy filed a complaint against me for non payment. I have been on ebay for years and have always paid promptly and have no negatives on my account. Darn!!

Then S19 calls to let me know that we have to review some tax stuff for his financial aid. he is so gloomy about somethings it rubs off. I told him that we will just get our tax stuff and work on filling out this form and then he can take it to the University. I let him fill out the forms since it is for his education, seems like something was either completed wrong or left off. Oh well that can be fixed.

My boss comes back Wednesday and I really feel as if it would be fine if he was gone all next week. Getting alot of stuff done that is hard to do when he is constantly giving me more stuff when he is here. At least today is Friday and KU Basketball awaits. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
UGH!!!! Yup, too much at once. frown

Have fun watching the game!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
How are you feeling?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Not too bad. smile. I do send a message to he eBay guy. It may not matter to him but I did what I could.

s19 is working so we will get a look at the paperwork tomorrow and he will go by the financial aid office and go over it with them.

KU won so that was good. It was late because the overtime game for North Carolina. I used to not care about basketball at all. I hardly remember that time!

Gforce had asked about happy stories involving those of us who went through DB together. His divorce was busted and they now have the most adorable little girl. I know a few others who are in happily exclusive relationships. My Canadian sister, whom I used to spend hours chatting on line with, got married just a few months ago. While I am not dating at the moment, I found me. I don't need someone to define me or validate who I am. I am hoping that all my kids are learning that it is fine to be alone. No need to rush into something just to have someone else in your life. Stay true to yourself and the rest will follow.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Hi Kat! Just stopping by to say hi and checking in on you. Sorry to hear of the fb experience; your ex is obviously a very proficient writer of fiction... smile

Karen

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So good to catch up! So funny how going through this together has made us so close. Glad that you sound so good. Next time let's not go so long between catch ups. Lol.

Love ya, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So 83 year old creepy client(that one that keeps hitting on me) came in while my boss was on vacation Friday. I mentioned it to my parents before they took my out to lunch today and my dad just says to blow it off. Let it go. I guess he has never been harrassed before.

I get the feeling that my boss is trying to save me and the client but this really needs to stop. He kept dropping hints about how much money he has made at his other financial advisors. He holds that money over my boss' head everytime my boss tells him to quit asking me out. So I don't think my boss has ever said it firmly but always with kind of a joke like tone...Come on quit asking out the help type of way. Of course I am not in there when he is on the phone with him but that is just the feeling I get.

Hate it!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
I know it is its own type of stereotyping to say this, but he probably hasn't. Guys aren't harassed that way. And if they are, the socially acceptable responses are different, they have more options. Plus, they are almost always the bigger, stronger person, which totally changes the dynamic. And so they don't understand (with few exceptions).

Most of them don't understand how creepy and threatening it is no matter how hard they try; they can sympathize, but not empathize.

And it's especially hard to stick up for yourself in a situation where you are trying to preserve the client relationship. That's a sticky one. Regardless, sounds like your boss hasn't been able to convey effectively to him that he needs to knock it off. And that must have been especially unnerving being alone in the office. Time to brainstorm some responses to set some boundaries I think.

Hope the rest of your weekend was uneventful and fun! (((Kat)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I had a great weekend. So fun watching S19 getting into all of the basketball games. My KU Jayhawks are going to the Final Four I am so excited!!

Back in 2008 I made a deal with the man upstairs. If KU won the national championship my marriage wasn't going to make it. I thought it had been 20 years so I figured the odds were in my favor. As we got closer to the championship game of course I tried to back peddle. Funny that both my boys said Mom it doesn't work that way. They were right of course.

Now I have another wish on the line. Only 2 games to go...keeping my fingers crossed but keeping my wish quiet for now. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
LOL! Yeah, deals like that don't work.

I hope your Jayhawks win it all but my family are all HUGE UK fans and would be devastated. Hmmm....decisions, decisions.....

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Page 27 of 39 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard