Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
R
R
You stud you!

Enjoy the pics...in a few years your son will only think about what crazy faces he can make for the camera!

C
C
Have fun with the pics! The invite is a step. Enjoy the moment and check the expectations!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
C
Crimson Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, gotta say that went well. We got a few pictures together, some with just the baby, and some with me, w, her sister and our boy. We all had a GREAT time. Funny thing happened that has never happened before. S was a little scared at first with all of the attention from the photographer and everything and he just ran to me and hid between my legs. Odd thing is, his mom was standing right there and he ran to me instead. That has never, ever, ever, ever happened. I mean, it's not an "I win!" thing. Rather, it was more like "we've come a long way together - you and me, son". The rest was me and my w and SIL jumping around like a bunch of idiots trying to make the baby laugh and smile - the pics are going to look great when they are done.

At the end of the shoot we were all just hanging around our cars and I was holding the baby. I looked at my wife and her sister and said "believe it or not, as handsome as we look tonight - s and I don't have dates tonight and would love to take you two to dinner."

We went to a little pizza place that we all like near our house. Had a few cocktails and enjoyed each other and the baby. It was great food, great convo and great atmosphere.

After I got home wife texted me and said "Thanks". I said you're welcome - I had a great time hanging with everyone - you looked great for the pictures." A bit later she texted back "I'll be at the 9 AM church tomorrow". Now I have my moments when I am dumb as a bag of hair clippings, but was that an invite for church? I'll assume it was and pray that it wasn't the cabernet talking.

It was a good day. Rocked my son to sleep, read "If you give a mouse a cookie" for the millionth time. Laughed with son a bit - and put him down.

I'll soak this in so next time I can refer to it when I start freaking out. smile

Crimson

A
A
Good job dude!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
C
C
Originally Posted By: Crimson
I'll soak this in so next time I can refer to it when I start freaking out. smile

Glad the day was so good for all of you. This statement above is what's good for YOU! (Love that book by the way. Also, the follow up, "If you Give a Moose a Muffin")

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
Crimson, it sounds like you had an excellent afternoon. Lots of great interactions with W and SIL and of course your S. Cherish the moments.

"A bit later she texted back "I'll be at the 9 AM church tomorrow". Now I have my moments when I am dumb as a bag of hair clippings, but was that an invite for church?"

I would say that that was an invitation. But to be on the safe side, maybe you can send a text that says something like "mind if S and I join you tomorrow?" Or if you want to be cute, you could say, "funny, S and I were going to be there at excatly the same time. What a coincidence! ;o)"

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
B
B
Originally Posted By: Crimson
"A bit later she texted back "I'll be at the 9 AM church tomorrow". Now I have my moments when I am dumb as a bag of hair clippings, but was that an invite for church?"

That was 100% an invitation. In women talk, statements are questions and questions are statements.

Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
But to be on the safe side, maybe you can send a text that says something like "mind if S and I join you tomorrow?"

Not this way -- this is weak and implicitly devalues you (why should someone mind if someone of value was joining them).

Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Or if you want to be cute, you could say, "funny, S and I were going to be there at excatly the same time. What a coincidence! ;o)"

Potentially better, flip it in an active, confident (flirty?) way. I'll be there with S too. Let's hook up at ### spot."

you also could just show up with S looking good and give her a little surprise.

Me-53
W-49
D22,D18,D15
T-Since-12/2001
Married-9/2004
She Moved Out-5/28/2010
Piecing start-04/2011
Now-together
Thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2079304
R
R
Crimbo - great story and you are living your life in the moment...nice! Your boy running to you is the highest form of feedback about where you have gotten to. Your wife would have to be Hellen Keller not to notice that, and that's how you guys can live going forward.

I understand your comments Busto, but Crimson's wife gets "pressured" a lot whenever he makes the slightest assumption. I think he's concerned about that.

But to me it was an invitation (unless there's some other reason you need to know where she'll be then like dropping son off??)

I hate ambiguity...but as I told you before, if we can learn to embrace those ambiguities, life gets easier.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
S
S
Quote:
A bit later she texted back "I'll be at the 9 AM church tomorrow".

Now THAT is about the most positive move she's made yet! (And about time, I may add.)

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard