Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've gone over 100 posts once again, so it's time to start a new thread.

Here's my old threads:
Continuous Confusion
Trying to love my WAW from a distance
Trying to love my WAW from a distance II
Trying to love my WAW from a distance III
It's a marathon, but where are the mile markers?
Still in the marathon - am I going the right way?
Marathon continues. It is me or is it all uphill?
Where is this marathon leading me anyway?
Still in the marathon - did I miss a turn?
Marathon continues. Where we going, anyway?
Why did I sign up for this marathon, again?
Why was there no course map for this marathon?
Is this really an ultramarathon?
Who designed this ultramarathon course?
Ultramarathon continues...was there a detour?

Well, it's coming up on a year now since bomb #2. I seriously didn't think back then I would still be here. Back then, my W was on the fast track to D. I thought it would've been over by now, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm still in the game. Hopefully, if you're new here and you feel like you're not going to have time to DB, this will tell you there is a possibility you may have a lot more time than you think.

Like I've mentioned at the beginning of my previous threads, I have chosen not to waste this time and this situation. I have used this time to GAL, make a lot of new friends, and do a lot of new things I never thought I'd do. I can say that part of my life has improved dramatically. I feel like I'm finding myself and working toward being my best possible self.

One thing that's been big for me is how much I've grown in my faith. I have become a lot closer to God. I reached out to Him at the beginning of my situation when I was completely broken and He's been faithful. Unfortunately, my W appears to have taken off in the opposite direction.

Over the last month, I have gone through a period of ambivalence about my situation. I'm still there, but my W and I have had a conflicts lately we've worked through that have shaken that ambivalence a bit. Oddly enough, working through those unpleasant situations made me a little more interested in her again.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
W
W
Wow, jb, you are one tough kahuna. And you sound like you've grown so much from when you first came here! You keep doing like you're doing, man -- inspiring the rest of us to stay strong when we've got to take the long road!

Us: mid-20s
T: 5.5 yrs
M: 2 yrs
S + OM: 6/21/11
Legally S'd: 9/9/11

In this life, you have a limited amount of mental currency. You get what you pay for, so spend it wisely.

So it goes. --Kurt Vonnegut
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I haven't gotten exercise since late Thursday night. (Well I guess you could call it early Friday morning? crazy )

I ended up not going to the singles event at another church in town last night. I didn't feel quite right about it. It didn't seem to fit my game plan, despite this ambivalence I've been feeling lately.

I AM very proud of my S BTW. He brought home a report card with all straight As.

My W picked up my S last night. It was pleasant enough, pretty much a non-event.

I didn't have any big GAL'ing plans last night. Frankly, I think I needed the downtime. I did got out to the Christian bookstore and pick up Courageous on Blu-Ray, did some clothes shopping, and took myself out to eat. I came home and watched my new movie. Not exactly crushing it, but I still managed to keep busy.

Today I slept pretty late. The weather was absolutely lousy today. We had a nasty little ice storm. I mainly just worked on some household chores. I have not ventured out of house yet. Unfortunately, the nasty little ice storm also cancelled my GAL'ing plans tonight. frown I was supposed to get together with my small group from my church. I think I'll just take myself out to eat tonight and possibly pick up a Redbox movie. Oh well, it's been a long time since I've had this much time to myself. I might as well enjoy it.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: westcoastfella
Wow, jb, you are one tough kahuna. And you sound like you've grown so much from when you first came here! You keep doing like you're doing, man -- inspiring the rest of us to stay strong when we've got to take the long road!

Thanks for stopping in, WCF! Yep, it's a long, high, hard road to walk. It ain't easy.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

L
L
Congrats on your S getting straight A's. You are doing a fantastic job of setting an example for him.

Next time you hit Chipotle, can you hook a brother up with a carnitas burrito with hot salsa? Lol

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
R
R
I hear you about the ambivalence JB. I think it is pretty normal. You should be proud that youhave hung in there for this long. Keep up the hard work it will pay off in the end.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

G
G
Hey JB,
Just checking in. I guess we are in the long cold doldrums of winter, was in PA this weekend at a cabin in the woods, 6 inches of snow, temps in 0-10 range. Great weather for woodcutting, a good GAL activity. Hope you are well,

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
~
~
JB-
We've known one another from day 1 since our sitch's time line are so close together.
You really have grown and evolved from all of this.

I consider us the lucky ones in this.
A lot of people know that there are things in life that need changing but don't bother to put in the work.
You & I- we've been putting in the work, and our hard work is paying off.

I am proud of you.

"Everyone you meet has baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."
¤Formerly DelinquentGurl¤
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: LITB
Congrats on your S getting straight A's. You are doing a fantastic job of setting an example for him.

Next time you hit Chipotle, can you hook a brother up with a carnitas burrito with hot salsa? Lol

Thanks, LITB! Regarding the burrito - absolutely! I'll be picking it up at about 8:20am PST if that works for you. laugh Or maybe it would be better for me to call it in - just tell them you're LITB and you're there to pick up a burrito from jbnati. confused

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: gunny
Hey JB,
Just checking in. I guess we are in the long cold doldrums of winter, was in PA this weekend at a cabin in the woods, 6 inches of snow, temps in 0-10 range. Great weather for woodcutting, a good GAL activity. Hope you are well,

We had a taste of it over the weekend. We had an ice storm. However the temperature was in the lower 50s this morning and we actually had a thunderstorm last night. crazy confused

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard