Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
N
NLW Offline
N
Glad to hear your coaching session went well, Pulp!

I can't be reminded enough to back off.

As you say:
Leave them the he!! alone. That is what they asked for.

We need to show we're listening. Otherwise it's just more of the same for our spouses.

NLW

T
T
I find myself falling into the "MORE!" trap all the time...especially after ANY positive interactions with W...can you say "not detached enough" T^2?

You would think after the amount of time that has passed that I would have that "BACK OFF" thingy down pat...buuuuttttt nooooo...I set myself up for it...damn the torpedoes and all.

After the last couple weeks of improvement, Sunday and this morning I found me impatient and wanting to push/resolve...thanks for the reminder...:)

I am happy for you that you got the coaching!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
T
Pulp

See my last post.

I see you taking way more of your share of blame.

Stop it. You might have been or felt like the guy you're W is saying you are but the time for taking those arrows is over.

Now is YOUR time. Do for you. Make changes for you.

If

If

She sees them and wants try to put the M back then YOU can decide if she is showing you someone that is choosing to make a commitment to your M.

Then that is up to YOU.

Love is not a feeling it is a conscious choice from what I have learned.

Feelings blow with the wind.

Time for some different methods to find your peace and happiness here Pulp

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
L
L
I find visualization very helpful. When I get in those stuck places I visualize two parallel paths, I'm on one, H on the other. The paths have bends and obstacles but we are progressing along those paths, each keeping our own pace. As I continue on my path toward becoming the LaBug I want to be, H is there to see that happening, or not, as he chooses. He may decide to stop and take a rest, or get waylaid by an obstacle or he might even decide to take a right turn onto another path. I have no control of that but his choices should have no effect on my goal.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
labug #2235252 04/04/12 12:30 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks so much for the wisdom and encouragment, everyone. I mean it.

I have the rubber band on Gritter. I will use it.

I am feeling better within myself a little each day. I do still tie some of my happiness to her indifference. Ok a lot. It is the source of all of my unhappiness ATM. But, as I said, feeling a little better all the time.

I'm going to start a new chapter next time I post. I think it fits with my current place in life and learing. Time to start a new chapter. Ahh. Out with the old. In with the new.

Me-33
W-28
S-5
M-7
ILYBNILWY-1/15/12 7 year itch?
T
T
Hey PW,

Any movement or updates with your sitch lately?

Hope all is going better....

T^2

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

P
OP Offline
P

Me-33
W-28
S-5
M-7
ILYBNILWY-1/15/12 7 year itch?
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard