Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 54 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 53 54
M
OP Offline
M
You and me both Jeff!

I really see it that way too, mostly, when I'm not feeling too down of course. Definitely riding the roller coaster the last 48 hours.

I'm always open to suggestions. The "nice" thing about having done this before is I know to handle myself better from the start. It is raising some serious parallels and insecurities for me though. It's really hard when I dwell on it. So I'm trying to keep busy.

My friend Lisette who lives about 2 hours away is coming up to spend Saturday/Sunday with me.

Tonight, one of Roger's friends actually came over. She insists that us girls need to stick together, that I think of her as my friend too, and that he's gonna regret this lol. She brought pizza and we talked about mostly not this. It was a good distraction.

Busy is good right now. Tomorrow night will be house stuff. Cleaning and maybe trying to fix the radio in my car. Well, install a new one I should say. Tape deck died. frown I'm getting sick of being at the mercy of the radio stations lol. Cuz if I sit on the couch for more than a few it really does overwhelm me. And I don't have a roommate right now to check on me or make sure I eat. Gotta make sure I take care of myself and the dog.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
D
D
(((((Michelle)))))
I'm glad you have company lined up for the weekend!

I love having a USB port on my radio! Also the AUX port, but being able to put a stick full of music in and be able to control everything from the radio rather than another device is handy! Wasn't too expensive, pretty cheap really! A bit of a challenge to install, but not real bad! I think the newer cars are probably harder, with the radio more integrated with the dash.

I am really sure it isn't you. I kind of wonder if Roger is "afraid" of a real commitment for the long haul. With the depression issues he might feel that he doesn't deserve it. Of course, you can't fix that!

I'm liking the idea of giving him some space right now. It might give you a chance to evaluate how you feel as well.

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
M
OP Offline
M
The radio I ordered as a replacement for my car is "mechless." No tape deck or CD player at all. Just a USB connection from inside the faceplate with a tray to drop your MP3 player. So I'll just be skipping the whole CD fad and going straight from tapes to digital. What I'm going to do with all my tapes is a whole other question though....

I'm not so sure it's as simple as all that. But who the hell knows.

What I do know is he thinks we're just friends. Well, we'll see if he misses me. I'm gonna give him enough space to choke on his decision!

M
OP Offline
M
And since my car is 16 years old, should be "easy!" I bought the wiring conversion harness, so that should simplify things. We shall find out this weekend!

M
OP Offline
M
Okay, I'm gonna go read for a little bit and try and get some sleep. I will not cry myself to sleep. I will not cry myself to sleep. I will not cry myself to sleep.

Ready, go!

D
D
((((((((Michelle))))))))

Just friends.... right!

Sounds like you have the radio nailed! Mine has a CD player but I rarely use it. I jump between a memory stick (which has vanished) and an Ipod.

You had better not have cried yourself to sleep!

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
M
M
I hope you got some sleep sweetie. So glad to hear you have some great distractions lined up for this weekend.

You are pretty brave to take on wiring in a car even if it is just the radio. With my luck I'd short out some engine wiring in the process so I wouldn't ever attempt it!!! YOU GO GIRL!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

D
D
My car is 14, it was pretty easy to put in the radio once I had the harness!

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
M
OP Offline
M
My mom is going to come over and help me with the radio at some point. She helped my brother put the exact same model into his truck, that's how I found out about the "tune tray" design and mechless radios. Definitely a cool concept. Now I need to sit down and make sure all my CDs are on my computer so I can sync them to my mp3 player and I'll have the whole library with me since I can put a bigger SD card in my mp3 player.! A super cool concept!

I did not cry myself to sleep. I managed to focus on reading some Sherlock Holmes stories until my eyes were blurry and then turn the lights off and tell my brain to shut the hell up.

It's Friday! Yay! Lisette is coming tomorrow, so tonight will be doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and generally catching up on the stuff I neglected this week through preoccupation with this stitch and lack of motivation.

K
K
Sorry the kids were on the computer last night with school work, so I couldn't really knock them off. Keep yourself busy. You know you are fantastic and so does he. He is just off in Roger land right now.

Have fun with the radio. I think you are a bit braver than me. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 22 of 54 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 53 54

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard