Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 36 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 35 36
W
OP Offline
W
She did end with "sleep well, Kuya" which is her pet/joke name for me these days. That felt better.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
D
D
Kuya is the word for older brother said with respect.

W
OP Offline
W
Yeah, I know Dolphin. She teases me with that word because in a FB message I said "Please tell me that you ate" She says "ate" means older sister in Tagalog and therefore I called her that first! It's our little game, I guess.

D
D
That's good.....didn't want you putting your hopes in a brother/sister relationship!!

W
OP Offline
W
Nah, it's a dating R and she loves to tease me! I think I've met my match in that category. I just hate this stupid Filipino mind game stuff. They play the dating game a little differently than we do and sometimes I feel like I'm playing with a rule book that has some pages torn out! I think I'm doing really well but sometimes...well, I just don't know! I'm tired tonight. When I'm with her I'm smiling all the time, it's so wonderful and we just have so much fun together. I'm scared somehow I might lose that and I don't want to! tonight after the movie I slipped my hand into hers and she looked at me like "What the f do you think you're doing" so I withdrew hastily. Afterwards, she was fine and we continued on like always. I have to remember to move very very slowly here, her culture is far different than ours and dating moves at the speed of paint drying on a humid day. I don't want to screw up something that feels so nice...it's been a long time coming and I can't ever remember actually enjoying a date so much as when I'm with her. I always hated dating! Well, Kuya is going to bed.

V
V
Originally Posted By: kat727
Look who talking!! What is up wioth women from Asia anyway? Are they more exotic? I have an exotic name...does that count??

kat

I have always liked the name Kat;) My girl is not asian though...she is middle eastern. The dating game with her is also very challenging compared to American women. Keep it up wii, Reading your last post reminded me how confusing it was in the beginning. Four months latter and things are very different-such a passionate woman! I am happy for you! & me too! Haha

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Violin, they tease you! And just when you think you're heading for the goal line they kick the ball out of your hands! I have to remember, it wasn't me who instigated FB contact after our first date. It wasn't me who started texting. That's all her. She's saying she wants contact but then when I ask her out she says things like "sure, why not! I don't have anything to do on the weekends" or "I'll have to see what my roommates are doing, we'll see" When we're together we're having a great time. When I touched her hand the look she gave me was like I'd lost my mind. At dinner she says "I'll be good to you but if you break my trust even once, you'll never see me again" CONFUSING. So, she keeps drawing me in and pushing me away. But, that's their game. Keep him guessing and see if he'll come back. If he does then he really likes you and is serious,if not he was playing you. Well, I guess nothing in life that is worthwhile comes easy.

K
K
Maybe I should become Asian... I am short, check. I have long dark brown hair, check. Oops it is wavy with some curls, I will need to straighten it every day frown. I like rice, check. Weird looking and smelling food...Please, I am running the other way. I do have that funky name my parents gave me. ( When I was a flight attendant, lots of the other flight attendants would say that they didn't know what I would be when they saw my name. WTF? A guy or a girl. No, no we meant were you Asian, Spanish , Russian, Greek, we just couldn't tell with a name that starts with a X. Whatever!)

Maybe I could fake it for a couple of days. One can only eat so much rice! wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Last night when I asked her what she'd like to eat tonight she said "rice!"...and then laughed because she knows I don't like rice. Btw, she saw my apartment last night...and still likes me. My D17 said "please excuse the mess, I'm going to start the dishes now" and my smart ass MM says "don't bother, your father will do them!" Gotta love her.

S
S
Hey Wii,

I posted to you last night but it is not here. Hmmm... Oh well.

Anyway - I was just saying "protect your heart". Things are moving really fast (faster than you think) and I don't want you to get hurt. Be careful until you know for sure that it is just some games and not a brother/sister relationship. You are quickly making her your whole world.

So she has already met your daughters? Again - that is really quick. I tried not to involve my kids until I knew things were getting more serious so they were'n't hurt if another person was taken from their life.

But I'm happy for you for sure. The focus of your life has changed so quickly and you really need that. I don't want to burst your bubble - I just want you to not lose yourself in a relationship so quickly. Just go with it - one date at a time. And hope it leads where you would like it to. And if things are not clear after some time - ask for some clarification.

Hope today is a good one.

Barb

Page 21 of 36 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 35 36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard