Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
mgm32,

The snooping isn't going to serve any purpose except twist you up further. You already know the worst, so its basically masochistic if you keep doing it.

Can you save your marriage?

Short answer? Yes.

Get Divorce Remedy and read it.

Fireproof?

The movie, not something I'd recommend watching with the wife.

It's touching and sweet and if your life WAS a movie, it might work.

Basically, you have seen her react positively toward you, what were you doing when those things happened?

Patterns, find patterns between your actions and her reactions.

I HOPE more people start dropping by, as for moderation...

DB can you unmod him?

Click notify and ask her. : )

Yeah, I tried to unmod him (and a couple of others) a few days ago, but my internet kept going out when I clicked.

dbmod
M
OP Offline
M
It worked. I'm unmodded now. Thanks.

If you guys and gals could check my last 2 posts from page 5 I'd appreciate it. Interested in your thoughts.

mid 20s
Tgther 7 yrs
W EA 04/12/11 PA 04/23/11
W filed 05/11/11
I moved out 08/05/11
Mediation mid Oct 11
D final Dec 11
Now what? ...2012
&
&
It's a LOT of words man.

Oh, and one sure way for them to be hesitant of your changes is for you to tell her you changed.

I sense that you got pretty excited about her initiating a little more contact and you overreacted. Pushed too much.

You can see by her reaction that you overwhelmed her.

All that said, never dwell in the past. Don't waste time worrying and analyzing every word. Think about it, and learn for the future.

You played college ball and won a national championship? That must take a LOT of confidence to play at that level.

(I secretly want to guess what team, I'm a football nut)

How did you see yourself when you were playing football?

How do you see yourself now?

Find the football player.

BITS

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
J
J
Originally Posted By: Country_Song

Oh, and one sure way for them to be hesitant of your changes is for you to tell her you changed.

This is very true. Just show her the changes. I know you're not in the same place with her, but you can show her just through interactions. Just do it, don't talk about it.

Originally Posted By: Country_Song

I sense that you got pretty excited about her initiating a little more contact and you overreacted. Pushed too much.

You can see by her reaction that you overwhelmed her.

Yes, I agree with CS. It seemed like she opened the door a bit and you just came right at her. It seemed like she started backing off toward the end of the conversation because she may have been overwhelmed.

You can do this, mgm. Slow and steady though. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Or 1st & 25 - you don't have to get all the yards back on this down - you have a couple more.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
&
&
Quote:
Or 1st & 25

What, he got hit with a personal foul on 1st down?

Come on, I think 1st and 10 is enough.

wink

BITS

J
J
Why not? Heck, I have days where I feel like I'm 4th & 40 and down by 3 touchdowns with 3 minutes left in the game. laugh

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
&
&
Punt.

laugh

BITS

M
OP Offline
M
Yea I think you're both right. I did get a little excited as I saw her responding some. I have to stay a little more mellow. And it must've have been just that because I haven't heard a word from her since she was supposed to contact me after the dinner. So maybe I set things back some.

All the same, I've got to march forward. I went to dinner with a friend and his fiance this evening and we had a good time talking. I'm planning on finding some stuff to get into tomorrow just to continue to try my GAL process.

Country - I'll give you a hint...I was in college from 2002-2006 (I redshirted so I was there for 5 seasons). I don't know if you picked up on the locations I mentioned in earlier posts but that's a hint as well because I still live in the state where I grew up and went to college....

I tried punting on this thing...feel like I was just given a roughing the kicker penalty because the other team tried to take me out and now I'm back to 1st down again. But I'm going to progress and in much healthier ways.

mid 20s
Tgther 7 yrs
W filed 05/11/11
I moved out 08/05/11
Mediation mid Oct 11
D final Dec 11
Now what? ...2012
M
OP Offline
M
One quick hitter - Do I attempt to reach back out and ask again about the house situation or just wait closer until August to bring it up if she doesn't mention it to me? I kind of feel like I should wait until I hear from her again because I may have overwhelmed her and don't want to add fuel to the fire.

mid 20s
Tgther 7 yrs
W filed 05/11/11
I moved out 08/05/11
Mediation mid Oct 11
D final Dec 11
Now what? ...2012
&
&
Quote:
I kind of feel like I should wait until I hear from her again because I may have overwhelmed her and don't want to add fuel to the fire.

See, you know already.

Your last convo ended with her saying she'd get back to you. Respect that, and let her. You did throw a lot at her, so give her some time.

Oh, figured it out BTW. Can't believe you played in THAT game. I remember it well (I'm a fan of the team you beat! wink )

BITS

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard