Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: LauraOh

What is her favorite color? favorite song? favorite new artist? What are her Love Languages? What makes her laugh--always try to get her to laugh! It's magical!

Share your spiritual growth w/ her. Let her know that you feel God's presence w/ you.

And be a little naughty too--women love the "bad boy". Not over the top--but just throw a few little "guy things" out there now and then.

Many on this board would kill to have hour-long conversations with their S's. These may be too long--mix it up some and see if it's helpful--20 minutes here (and then you have to go--be a little mysterious), and 45 minutes there.

Good luck!

Some of our convo's go for less than 5 min, some for an hour. I have always been able to make her laugh. As for her favorites, I could write reams on those subjects. I'm a very studious individual. And since I felt like moving beyond the friend stage all those years ago, she has been my main course of study. But I never told her that. I felt my actions showed it. Buying just the right gift, turning the bathroom into a mini-spa, or fixing dinner for her, I always thought she knew.

A while back, we were having a conversation and she started asking me what her favorites were (testing me I guess). She was truly shocked when I got about all of them right. Even her favorite flower or candy (they depends on her mood). As far as my relationship with the Lord, she knows (kinda, as much as one person can know about another). But she remains unimpressed. I'll just keep praying and let the Lord do what He does best (that's a trick statement He's best at everything He does,) Miracles.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
R
OP Offline
R
I talked to her today on the phone, for about 5 minutes. And it just reinforced how much I love her. She is my starry night, my spring sunrise and about a thousand other metaphors. Can't wait till I can tell her that :-)

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
R
OP Offline
R
I'm a little sad today. Trying to feel upbeat and hopeful.....Just really hard. I'm feeling weary and worn down. Very hard to overcome it today. But I want to....Very much I do.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
I
I
Hi..I just got divorced on Monday...hardest thing feeling pretty low myself....I want and have gal but the pain is no less hurtful...I wonder how we got to where we are at in our lives..I never knew he was so unhappy.....my faith sometimes lets me down in thinking he will never return and he probably won't but one thing I do know is that I had his best yrs.our children our memories....our history.....I don't what to say to you other than we must keep on going...for us and our family, our children.
I spent almost 28 yrs as his wife and that is hard to get over....

Done 01/2014
R
OP Offline
R
The judge actually pushed ours back. God at work. Just wish I knew His plan. But that would be knowledge, He wants us to have Faith. And I have plenty of it. Still feel weary at times. Just have to push through. Not like I have a choice. She is all I ever wanted. Just wish I had told her and shown her that more.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
So, how weird is this? I went to a store that's going out of business, big sale, and my wife came in. We spent about an hour browsing together (her idea). It was a great time. But what were the odds? She would have still been at work for another 2 hours and I never go that store. God's hand in every thing :-)

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
I
I
I see not much goes on in here..I guess all the action in MLC....but it's nice to see a young man like yourself in here hoping and praying for your wife who has gone awol
Well, I guess it was God's plan for us to here ...on this journey......
Who knows what lays down the road.....
I hope you get an opportunity to have a restored and resurrected marriage with your wife,never give up hope.
And I do agree on the store incident God's hands all over that one......
God resurrected the dead and he can resurrect your marriage...
Keep on praying....I have said this many times in past posts the reason our marriages dont get restored is because SOMEBODY STOPPED PRAYING (husband/wife)you know????
You dont have to keep praying for them to come home, just pray for them, for them to be saved and to be obedient to God's voice....for salvation!!!!.
God will one day honor us for that.....Irma

Done 01/2014
R
OP Offline
R
The list of things I pray for (as far as my family), is many and varied. The main goes kinda like this, "Lord, I ask you to restore my family as you desire it to be. Lord, you are the only one who can see all the pieces and put them together again. But I also know it won't be my old marriage glued together, but made new again. I beg this of you, Lord. But I don't want it to be my will or my timing, for I know your will be done and your timing is perfect. So let it be Yours. In Your Son's precious name I pray, Amen.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
L
L
Roy, I was just wanting to stop by and see how you are doing. My thread is in MLC, but I come over here occasionally to check on you. I too have much faith in our Lord and His promises. I know that God keeps his promises and I will stand forever for my marriage.

I love your prayer, it is beautiful. I too pray daily for my H and that he will turn his heart back to God. It is so sad that he is missing out on the greatest love of all by turning his back from God.

Keep fighting the good fight and praying!!

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
R
OP Offline
R
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."- 1st Thessalonians 5:16-18

This was my scripture of the day on Fb. It was exactly what I needed to hear today.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers here!

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard