Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
OP Offline
Quote:
Did you read 5 loves languages?

Gritter that is the book we are reading together on the phone.

Quote:
It has been a while but the most profound part for me was reading toward the front I think about the role of the parent/child.

This is the section we covered yesterday.

Quote:
You did it because you feared by not saying it she may move further away.

My W love language is words of assurance. I did it mainly for her not to get the impression i had moved on and hit the delete button on her, which is more in tune with what I would normally do. I think she needed the assurance that I had not delete the feeling of getting back together.

Something Jody told me awhile back..

Tone down the "your life is great approach" it will only validate that you really did not need her. Your managing but you miss her.

Make sense?

BITS

G
grr Offline
G
hey 2step...........

it really seems to me that you are doing so much better

with everything

hang in there

and you know what?

i stand by you standing by your text.....we can all speculate, but you are the one who really knows your wife

i think that sometimes you have to go with your gut

i love that she wanted to speak again when she got home

and the convo seemed friendly enough

good job

hope you are well

BITS
OP Offline
Quote:
Those didn't work, what else isn't ?

They didn't?? I was SURE they would wink

Quote:
You knew her well enough to know, it wouldn't hurt her to get your Tat that night too, huh ?

Wow Mach you remember that? That was an a$$ hole move on my part. Yes. I thought she would be upset that night but not hurt. I did not know the difference between just being pi$$ed and being hurt. The difference I did not realize till she was gone. She use to tell me all the time "when I get mad I am not really mad I am hurt" that comment never made much sense to me until I began all this.

Quote:
And that every single text from her, or call from her, you are STILL trying to convince her, and talk your way out of your actions...EVERY TIME

This is something I have worked very hard on. I realize this is/was a problem.

Quote:
She said this ? Or your thoughts ?

My thoughts. The tone of her voice the topic of convo have all slowly shifted and the fact that a few weeks ago she began to actually credit me for doing somethings good as a H. Aren't those signs that the anger is beginning to fade?

BITS

M
M
Jody has also said you guys are in the first tentative stages of R. And from what I've seen on here, you are.

But you can't rush this. This is the hardest part in some ways.

You have to work on breaking out of the old patterns the hardest when it looks like there is hope. That's when it's the most tempting to backslide, to go back to what you thought was working before the bomb.

Your actions speak a lot louder than words. The fact that you are there for her, that you pick up the phone and listen, says "I am still here" far louder than you saying the words. Even though her LL is WOA, she doesn't trust all your words right now. Temper it a little bit. Keep being her friend most of all.

Awesome that you guys read the second chapter of 5LL.

Why do you think she was so insistent that you didn't need to wait for her to read it? Do you think she was being polite, or trying to convey that the book is really good and you should read it on your own and with her and then reread a few times for good measure? LOL

We all pay it forward. We all remember those first few months of hurt and panic and pain. We all remember how amazing it was to find this place and the support here. That's why some of us still check in here.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
M
Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie

My thoughts. The tone of her voice the topic of convo have all slowly shifted and the fact that a few weeks ago she began to actually credit me for doing somethings good as a H. Aren't those signs that the anger is beginning to fade?

Those are YOUR signs....yes

To ASSUME they are hers, is why we are debating things right now....

You seem to speculate HER thoughts quite frequently.

To me ?

I would rather speculate that I don't have a clue about her thoughts, until SHE tells me what they are....

S
S
Originally Posted By: Mach1
Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie

Those are YOUR signs....yes

To ASSUME they are hers, is why we are debating things right now....

You seem to speculate HER thoughts quite frequently.

To me ?

I would rather speculate that I don't have a clue about her thoughts, until SHE tells me what they are....

Wisdom. ^ whistle

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
F
F
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Originally Posted By: fisherman
Boogie

...really "boogie" Fish? WTF? smile

Sure, why not....Fluffy.

Brb.

I'm gonna go look outside to see if it's snowing.

Don't stand still.
T
T

See if you can find two snowflakes that are exactly the same while your out there...

Might want to wear your yellow rain suit Mr. Gorton.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Truegritter
Boogie

...really "boogie" Fish? WTF? smile

Sure, why not....Fluffy.

Brb.

I've got some snow for ya if ya want it ... I'll even truck it down to you ... we're running out of places to put it ... geesh. But I'm not picking through it to make sure no two are the same ... give that chore to Mach, he never seems to be busy enough at work anyway ...

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
OP Offline
Quote:
Jody has also said you guys are in the first tentative stages of R. And from what I've seen on here, you are.

She did. She mentioned that awhile ago.

Quote:
But you can't rush this. This is the hardest part in some ways.

This is the hardest part. That is why i have you guys to constantly apply the brakes

Quote:
You have to work on breaking out of the old patterns the hardest when it looks like there is hope. That's when it's the most tempting to backslide, to go back to what you thought was working before the bomb.

You NAILED it. When I or anyone of us sees a little light we run to it. We forget the squirrel anology.

Quote:
Your actions speak a lot louder than words. The fact that you are there for her, that you pick up the phone and listen, says "I am still here" far louder than you saying the words. Even though her LL is WOA, she doesn't trust all your words right now. Temper it a little bit. Keep being her friend most of all.

When I brought this up to Jody she laughed and said "every man fears that. being friends is important to them"

Quote:
Why do you think she was so insistent that you didn't need to wait for her to read it? Do you think she was being polite,

I think she was being polite

BITS

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard