Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
Don't be sorry for me. Pray for me, if you like, but don't be sorry, please. All things work to His glory. If you face trials in this life, Rejoice! For the Lord has deemed you worthy of His help and council. He will never leave you. His Grace and faithfulness is everlasting. All things work to His glory. If it seems dark, remember, He is the light and the way. When it seems hardest, cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you. As I told a coworker tonight, "Once you give up on your dreams, then they are gone. For until you give up, they are achievable." The Lord is working on an amazing ending. Impossible is a man-made word. The Lord knows it not. He has a plan for you and me and everyone else. Faith is working to understand what He wants us to do. I asked for some answers tonight and I got them. Sometimes He truly wants us to be still and let Him work. May God bless you. I'm praying for you.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
N
ncl Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Royloveshiswife
Don't be sorry for me. Pray for me, if you like, but don't be sorry, please. All things work to His glory. If you face trials in this life, Rejoice! For the Lord has deemed you worthy of His help and council. He will never leave you. His Grace and faithfulness is everlasting. All things work to His glory. If it seems dark, remember, He is the light and the way. When it seems hardest, cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you. As I told a coworker tonight, "Once you give up on your dreams, then they are gone. For until you give up, they are achievable." The Lord is working on an amazing ending. Impossible is a man-made word. The Lord knows it not. He has a plan for you and me and everyone else. Faith is working to understand what He wants us to do. I asked for some answers tonight and I got them. Sometimes He truly wants us to be still and let Him work. May God bless you. I'm praying for you.

Roy, I just posted your words on my thread, in prayer that others will have your grace and faith. God bless you, and yes, I am praying for you, your wife and your children. Take care!

aka lc4 : )
G
G
Here's where my trust falters. God has a plan for me. But what if that plan includes my husband divorcing me?

M: 43 H: 44 M: 12.5 if the 5.5 year separation counts
Bomb (I dropped it): Dec '07
H said finit: Jun '10
I moved on: May '13
M
M
It's not trust that you must have but FAITH. The faith in knowing that you will be taken care of.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
OP Offline
R
Faith is the believing of things not seen.you must have faith in Gods plan for you. I'll not tell you that God doesn't use divorce in His plan. But I can tell you He hates divorce. (It actually says exactly that in the book of Malachi 2:16) That doesn't mean He won't use it for His glory. But keep your faith in His plan. To have faith in the knowledge that His plan is greater than any of us know. I can't tell you what will happen. Just don't give up on your dreams. i was served with papers in Oct. But my divorce keeps getting put off by the judge. I haven't even been in the courtroom. (I don't want a divorce and refuse to testify against my wife.) God is always at work. Even when you don't see it. Keep the Faith. I'm praying for you.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
R
OP Offline
R
My scripture of the day. Seemed appropriate to share as I got it, while typing the message above.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
(2 Peter 3:9)

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
H
H
This is my very first post. I've just recently read DR and discovered this community. The past days, I've mainly been browsing through different topics. I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I got hooked on your thread -- you're such an inspiration and your faith and bible quotes have been a source of strength for me these past few days.

I'll share my story some day... just thinking about writing it is making me cry. I don't know how you all do it. I'm scared, tired, weak, drained on most days but I continue to pray. There's no one else I could turn to now that my best friend has gone...

M-14 YEARS
Friends for 21 yrs
ILYBINILWY 03/26/11
Moved out: 04/23/11

R
OP Offline
R
So, I have a question. For those who are or have used the LRT, do you comment or "like" comments on FB. I recently cut way back on how often I do so. If the point is for her to miss me and realize what she is doing to our lives, then that would help, correct? Just my opinion. I'm anxious to hear yours smile

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
N
ncl Offline
N
Hi, Roy. Thank you so very much for your inspirational words on my thread and yours. I am thankful that your wife led you to church, and I pray that both she & my husband will eventually find their ways back to church. Yes, HIS grace is so very amazing!
With regards to your wife's FB page, I think it's probably a good thing that you have cut back on your comments. I might even consider, if I were you, no longer commenting/liking pictures and posts on her page at all (but remaining FB "friends"). That way, she knows you aren't trying to cut her out of your life, but she may wonder just what you have been up to and why you aren't checking on her page! Keep your own FB page posts upbeat and inspirational (as I am sure they are). Then maybe SHE will be the one liking/commenting on YOUR profile page! I know there are people on the boards who have MUCH better advice and insight than I do, but that's my 2 cents worth.....
Some scripture I've been holding to:
Jeremiah 29:11
Hebrews 11:1
Matthew 17:20

Keep the faith, my friend! Praying for you, your wife and kiddos.
lc4

aka lc4 : )
R
OP Offline
R
If it makes you want to cry, then by all means cry. I've cried, I've cussed, begged God for help. In fact, if you've read DR, everything it tells you not to do, I did them. It didn't help my marriage. But the crying, the begging God and even the cussing helped me. But I don't let her see it anymore. As far as she knows, I'm almost always upbeat and relatively happy. But I do admit in the quiet moments alone, I sometimes cry my eyes out. Afterward, I'm still in the same situation. But I feel a lot better.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard