Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
M
M
Denver,

I have followed your sitch for weeks and just never posted before. I spent most of my time reading and reading, but not speaking. I know you better than you know me because I have been reading yours and all of your BITS threads.

I couldn't put off responding to you today.

I'm really proud of you. Please remember that we all make mistakes and we are all human. There isn't a person alive that doesn't need a good dose of grace and forgiveness.

In the meantime, you are turning into a man that will make your W proud. I hope that in your confession you have a freedom that you didn't have before. Facing who you are is when the change begins. You probably feel pretty raw today, but that's ok. Getting real does that to all of us. I know because I have been there myself.

Praying for you. You're on the right path.

Oh and to all of the BITS-y'all rock. Such a neat group of people!

Rae

H:44
M:42
D:16, 15, 14
S:12
M:17 years

To thine own self, be true.

Be still and know that I am God.
J
J
The BITS...

You guys are more awesome than I can convey.

But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

You will spur each other onward, pick each other up, form friendships that last beyond these boards, and be grateful for each other. You will challenge and inspire others and each other. You will share success and sorrow.

Looking in, its a moment to behold, to see this form.

I'm kind of the last of mine.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: 2stepboogie
One more thing..........

You know how Gritter, Mach, and the other vets always talk about making changes for yourself? I think last night was the biggest step you took to really live those words.

When you see the reflection and realize changes need to happen.......that my friend is real growth.

'nuff said.....

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11
D
D
Denver!!!

I'm doing my happy dance right now....your gonna stay and fight for a new M!!!!!

Okay, friend....brace yourself for the hardest part yet! You can do this...We are all cheering you on!!! We all got your back on this!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing from ya this evening...hang in there friend. Your on the right path to a new Marriage and being a new Man.

Today is your NEW DENVER BIRTHDAY!!!! Today is the day, you redeemed yourself and took back who you are suppose and meant to be!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

"Life is Short, Pray Hard"

Dixie

Me: 40 H: 39
M: 17 yrs - Together 18 1/2yrs
No kids
Seperated: May 18, 2006
EA/Poss PA with OW for 6 months prior to leaving.
2nd Bomb dropped: Dec. 23, 2010
A
A
Denver,

I have been holding my breath as well, and as soon as I booted up I went straight for your post. Wish I could have posted sooner but too busy at work.

I think you have really looked hard into the mirror, saw yourself for what you are, and took away the last veestiges of the old Denver. The act of sharing it with us here on the boards really cemented that.

I have a feeling that you are climbing back up now. YOU, not just the sitch, as the sitch actually seems ahead of you.... your W recognized or is recognizing your changes even before you had fully done so! She too, with being totally honest, has shown that she is ready to start on this journey of healing.

Man, I am happy for you!

Please do try to forgive and acccept. You can do it. It is all up to you. If I were given the chance you got, I would just die of happiness.

Me:49 H:45 D:12 M:14 T:18
Bomb: 6/26/10
EA: 9/3/10, fizzled out slowly, now ???
11/5/11 Retrouvaille
Finally piecing....
Its peaceful at last, but we got a looong way to go
Z
Z
Denver - where are you? It's not like you to be off the boards for so long. Please check in. This SITS misses you. Let us know if u r ok.

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11

BITS

D
OP Offline
D
I'm out here Gypsy. Thanks for asking. Just kind of hanging low tonight.

2Step... Nice!

Thanks guys.

BITS
Denver

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
T
T
Denver

Just take your time.

We will be here.

Digest what is happening my friend.

We are here when you are ready to share.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
F
F
Denver,
Let me first apologize for not being here through all of this. I am very, very sorry, buddy. I had an awfully hard day at work today that lead to a dinner meeting and I am just now getting home and logging on. I did a poor job of being there for my fellow BITS today and I apologize.

As I read over the numerous posts tonight, I started from bottom up trying to see where I had left off. As I went further up and started to get an idea of what happened, I can honestly say that I started to get sick to my stomach. I had a feeling concerning what I would find when I got to your post. Buddy, I am so very sorry to hear the news. I know that you and I have gone back and forth about our suspicions concerns EA/PA's, but I think we both hoped that our hunches were incorrect. Well, at least you now know the truth and can move on. I know that doesn't seem like much of "pick me up," but it is true. No more sitting awake a night wondering. It is what it is and now you have to decide what you are going to do with what you have. Do you pack it in or do you pick up your soul, strap on "new" Denver and charge back up that hill. My vote is to "charge" like you never have before!!

It did take a huge amount of courage to come clean here with your friends. I think that was a huge victory in itself. Yes, I know right now you feel like you have been marched into a public square, stripped naked and stoned. But you have come out the other side with a whole new outlook on life that you will never forget. This truly is a trial by fire, my friend.

I feel proud to know you right now. In every battle, there is always one soldier who is willing to "take the point" and lead the way for the others even when he knows that he will not live to see the sunset. You were a very brave man in the past 24 hours and others will get to live to fight another day because of your example here.

Today, you have been given a "shift." This is a term I picked up from my C. Do you know what that is? It is a "gift" wrapped in "sh*t." Once you are able to peel through the horrible wrapping, you are able to reach the real gift inside. For you, the gift is that you now have a chance to be the man you always wanted to be. Now you have a chance to be the husband you always wanted to be. Now you have a chance to have the marriage you and your W always wanted. Sometimes, you can't look a "gift horse" in the mouth.

Charge on, my friend. Tonight, it is very true that you have taken a beating. But you will is strong, your mind is willing and your flesh is able. Go out there! Go and be the Denver we all know you can be. In a couple of weeks, you will wake up one morning with your W by your side and the head of the OM will be mounted over your fireplace!!!

BITS NEVER, EVER, EVER WALK ALONE, DAMN IT!!!!

FOBD

Me: 39
W: 36
T: 15 yrs
M: 9 yrs
S: 09/10

So you can get on with your search, baby
And I can get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find,
That it wasn't really wasted time...
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis