Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
OP Offline
S
Well hunter guy did call and we have tonight set up as a 'date'.... yikes!

On other news, it looks like the kids and I will probably be going to Victoria over Thanksgiving.

So, that's GAL! LOL

Now, what to wear? I guess Camo would be appropriate.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

D
D
Not camo! You want him to be able to see you! smile

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
B
I am thinking bright orange...highly visible...:)

Have fun!

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
OP Offline
S
Well... date night was interesting. We ate some awesome pizza and had a beer... then wondered over to the bowling alley to find they had mini golf and since he is a golfer too well I had to throw down the challenge.

After my hole in one on the third he looked a little shocked.... haha.... we ended up tying in the end. Then we went bowling and he smoked me on that.

He then took me back to my car and we sat in his truck and talked for about 15 minutes and then I got out and went home. 6-12:30.... he did hug me hello but not goodbye?

He did say he had a good time and would call me Sunday.

One thing I noticed... we have a good bantering about us but he doesn't really ask me anything about ME. I have purposely thrown in some thought provoking questions here and there just to get to know him a little better and he answers them but never ask me anything in return.

I wonder if it is because in his last relationship, they didn't speak the same language (she was puerto rican) and he thought she was understanding a lot more than what she let on. So, maybe he forgot how to communicate? I may ask him about this if we go out again.

Seriously, if he wants to KNOW me .... he's going to have to lead that effort.

I did notice that he dressed up more this time than the meet and greet...so I complimented him on the effort... he has never given me a compliment. hmmmmm not sure I like that....

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

S
OP Offline
S
A little Hunter Guy update~

On Sunday he called like he said he would on Friday night. I told him I was headed down to "blahblah' city to meet up for a study group... turns out he lives near where i was going.

He said "well if your going to be around after the Seahawks game" call me and we can do dinner. Seriously, if I had gotten done before Seahawks game was over does that mean he wouldn't meet me? I should have tested that one. I am aware there are very crucial games to watch and i love to watch sports.... we could have met somewhere and watched the ending of it.

So, we met for dinner.... I wore my hair curly which it has always been straight when he has seen it..... there is a big difference in how it looks..... he said NOTHING about it. My classmates everyone I know comments on it the first time they see it all curly.... him nothing..... I was in jeans, tennis shoes, and fleece pullover (sunday afternoon study session) cause I wasn't planning on seeing him. Very weird... Super Nice guy but he may be to "old" acting for me. He looks a young 49 but I don't know if he has the energy for me. He did walk me to my car and HUG me goodbye.... and said I'll call you midweek and maybe we can get together for dinner. I said ok

So, I was talking with Kerry about this on the phone wondering... how do you know if it's just shyness and it will change or is there nothing else there? He never ask me a question about me again.

I am emailing with one match guy and 2 (32) year olds keep emailing me and trying to IM me. I have told them both they are way to young and they don't care because "Your so pretty and you look so young"..... It's weird men my age don't generally go for me on match.... it seems they want the younger ones.

I did talk to one on Sat. night too and had a nice conversation, but nothing sense then. I had to get off the phone rather quickly and deal with a situation with my 16 yr old, but I sent him an email on Sunday .... thanking him for his understanding and that I enjoyed our conversation.

Blech...

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

N
N
Hi Sandycay! A couple of comments:
1) When Hunter guy said "call me after the game to do dinner" I totally took that to be simple- you said you were going to a game. He didn't want to interfere with that!

2) About him not asking about you...I have been single way longer than married and dated lots of men. MOST of them didn't ask about me. Could be a guy thing. Jump in there and after you ask about him, volunteer stuff about yourself and see how he responds. I have had mostly positive results from this.

3)The looks thing...again, many guys don't compliment!

4)About the hug- seems like he is being respectful. If you know that you are attractive and the date went well, then don't worry that he isn't "into" you- after all, he did initiate another date! I bet you will get a kiss the next time. Are you giving him signals that you find him attractive like touching his arm or letting your feet touch his under the table or walking close to him, letting your body touch his?

5) AWESOME that 32 year olds are interested in you!What a nice compliment! I get so many winks from men in their mid to late forties and fifties...it is evolutionary/biologically programmed for men to go for "childbearing" women (even if they don't want more kids)but they are certainly missing out AREN'T they? I find it egotistical to be honest!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: newmama
Hi Sandycay! A couple of comments:
1) When Hunter guy said "call me after the game to do dinner" I totally took that to be simple- you said you were going to a game. He didn't want to interfere with that! No, he was watching the game at his house alone... I was meeting a study group during the game, unsure of how long the study session was going to last.

2) About him not asking about you...I have been single way longer than married and dated lots of men. MOST of them didn't ask about me. Could be a guy thing. Jump in there and after you ask about him, volunteer stuff about yourself and see how he responds. I have had mostly positive results from this.

3)The looks thing...again, many guys don't compliment!

4)About the hug- seems like he is being respectful. If you know that you are attractive and the date went well, then don't worry that he isn't "into" you- after all, he did initiate another date! I bet you will get a kiss the next time. Are you giving him signals that you find him attractive like touching his arm or letting your feet touch his under the table or walking close to him, letting your body touch his? I did intiate some contact on Friday night when bowling touched his shoulder as i was walking around him telling him way to go on his strike.... i initiated several light exchanges.... he did hug me quickly once after he made a strike. We have been out 3 times so far.

5) AWESOME that 32 year olds are interested in you!What a nice compliment! I get so many winks from men in their mid to late forties and fifties...it is evolutionary/biologically programmed for men to go for "childbearing" women (even if they don't want more kids)but they are certainly missing out AREN'T they? I find it egotistical to be honest!
you wouldn't believe the men my age and older that have either never been married or want to start having kids... so that kinda rules out most women in my age range... plus 90 % of men in my age range have 25year old women to two years younger than themselves on their profile. I don't respond to any of those men, cause they dont' have a clue what is going to happen to them and they haven't learned any lessons about life yet as far as I'm concerned. It's as big a turn off as the dufus standing in his dirty bathroom mirror taking bare chested shot...GROSS....now if your doing something water related then it's totally understandable.

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

S
OP Offline
S
A match update: I finally got an email from a man that was a wonderful way to introduce himself in that awkward first email dance ... it said:

I was reading your profile and thought you sounded interesting if you read mine and would like to know more please feel free to ask, if not good luck with your search.

Have a great night.
(insert his name here)

I like that so I read his profile and wrote back. Ask a few questions to which he replied with another great follow up email asking more about me:

Sandycay,

Well you need to go to Vegas it is a blast I will be going agian in the summer. This is coming to you early as I am in (city) training this week so I am two hours ahead of you.

I am a sales rep for (company) and we do a lot of training.

My favorite thing to cook is italian but I cook a lot of tthings I just did a turkey a few weeks ago and I try new thing all the time it is a talent. LOL

So tell me about yourself what do you like to do besides run? smile

I do run as well and I work out about 4-5 days a week when works allows. I am not a gym rat but I do like being in shape. Do you like to vacation and where have you been?

Well I am off to (blank) look forward to hearing from you again.

Have a great day.

(insert name )

I changed some of the personal things on here that he put in. But I like the flow and the questions that he ask. Hunter guy did call last night but we didn't talk long and I don't even know if he knows my last name. LOL But it's now Thursday so he missed the opportunity to ask me out for the weekend.

Attorney guy wants to drive down tonight and see me but I don't know if I'm in the mood. I'll let him know later.

I have 2 major test on Monday so it will be a busy weekend. plus daughters birthday and soccer.

I talked to FFG exwife last night because their daughter is coming over for the sleepover (yea! I miss her so much) but boy did she share with me about FFG... not sure who is telling the truth between those two. But she did pay me some nice compliments about how she knew her kids loved me, and that i loved them... she thought I was very good for FFG and she had hoped and thought we would be getting married.. so that was nice.

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

S
OP Offline
S
Well, it's been a month so here is an update.

KerryK and I met over Thanksgiving and took our kids to Victoria and braved a holiday together. That's GAL with DB friends!

The night before we left I had a meet and greet with the guy above. We can call him FedExGuy.

We have been out together almost every week since then. I am not dating him exclusively... but I have only had one meet and greet since then. I have learned I am not a pursuer in the online dating world. FEG has been a very nice man to get to know. I am keeping the relationship at arms lenght and taking things very very slowly. He understands my need to do this.

His kids are all out of the house and he is a grandfather at 45! So, no kid element there. I did meet his daughter but she is 25. He bought me a nice Christmas gift and I had bought him one too. We bought each other the same cologne/perfume from the same designer... Dolce and Gabana! So, that was funny.

The EXh did not call his children even on Christmas.... he is a donkey.

I am Spending New Year;s eve with friends at a party with my kiddos and I have invited FEG... i always spend new years' eve with my kids. Excited for 2011!!!!

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

S
OP Offline
S
Another month, another update~

FEG and I are still dating. Everything is going very very well. I/we are taking things slowly.

We have the best communication I have ever had with anyone. I feel a connection to this man that I have never felt for anyone before. Including EXH. There is something there and I am excited for the prospect of an adult mature relationship with this man.

He did ask me to be exclusive in our relationship and I said "yes". I have only been on one meet and greet since I first went out with him and that was early on. No one was able to peek my interest.

The exh has surfaced a bit more for the kids. Took them snowboarding yesterday. The daughter loves it, the son not so much but at least they spent time together.

I still follow most stories, I just don't post much but things are going very well here. I am dealing with the S on some emotional issues left over from his father's actions but I am hoping they are leveling out.

D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard