Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Ok I know Michelle really explains things very easily in her writting which is one of the reasons I love reading her book. I do not want to sound stupid here...so please be kind...but I still cant see if my "goals" are complaint's or as she says "Think about what you want in your marriage, not what is missing." But that is my problem....b/c what I want and whats missing go hand in hand?

TRUST....

Can my goal be "wanting to be in a trusting, honest relationship"

I just feel like how could I not want the thing I feel is missing? Isnt that that same thing?

R
R
What are the symptoms of the missing trust/honesty? Those should be your goals. Something more tangible. That way the goal is something reachable and quantifiable.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
D
D
Hi nic, I don't know if you are still lurking,

You ask yourself,"What does a trusting, honest relationship look like? What would we be doing?" It might look something like this:

1. We would have a feeling-based conversation twice a week after/over a nice dinner.
2. We would have access to each other's email accounts. (I'm not saying this is desired, I'm saying this might be how you might right a goal to concretely show honesty. I'm not actually suggesting that you have this access.)
3. He would give me access to his paycheck information (disclaimer similar to the above).

Does this help?

dbmod

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard