Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 97 of 101 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
P
P
I'm the same way, Hoozh -- forever catching a plane at the very last minute, or whatever.

Brinksmanship! shocked

Puppy

H
OP Offline
H
oh, is that what it's called?! I like that a lot better than "codependence"!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
H
OP Offline
H
good weekend.

D14 came home Saturday afternoon, the first time I'd seen her since she started school earlier in the week (have I mentioned lately just how much I hate shared custody??!!). She's a whole different kid--lighter, happier, joking around, lots of funny stories. She's made a couple of friends, which I had no doubt would happen, and judging by their FB pages they seem like nice girls. She's the only freshman in advanced choir and can answer music theory questions the upperclassmen get wrong (she even noticed a mistake the teacher made--but didn't point it out). The band/choir teacher was disappointed she wasn't in band (freshman have to choose band or choir), and is going to work out a way she can play the new xylophone for band performances--just because. all of her teachers prounounced her name correctly the first day, which is remarkable--we have a long and complex Italian name that NOBODY can seem to pronounce! so it looks like this is going to be a good year--I know it's really too early to tell, but if the first week is any indication, she's found a niche or two for herself. working to get the educational testing scheduled so she can get appropriate resources for the math LD. I couldn't be happier!

my cousin stopped by to look at my dryer and mower, told me which parts to order, and will return to fix them; it may take awhile...but at least we're moving in that direction!

nothing yet on the job front, but I didn't anticipate hearing anything this soon. my message to my support folks has been--don't let me wallow for more than an evening, I need to keep some momentum and I cannot afford to become paralyzed. so if I start throwing pity parties, I don't need validation and hand-holding, I need a series of good swift kicks in the behind. I have many people praying for me, including a few nuns!! and that can't be bad!!! polishing my resume, trying to download Office onto my computer with the new motherboard so I have a word processing program (I can do it for free thru IUWare as long as I'm still employed--so, this week) but it's not downloading...this is a pain, but I'll find a way.

I think this is going to be one of those one-breath-at-a-time periods of my life; gotta keep breathing.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
P
P
Hoozh,

If you continue to have a problem downloading the full MS Office suite, try MSWorks instead (is there a free version of THAT for you?). You really don't need all of the robust features of Office (or even of Word) just to do nice resumes and cover letters and thank-you letters and such.

Just a thought.

Puppy

P.S. glad to see your note now (I read this AFTER I sent you the e-mail) about needing to be nooodged!! grin

H
OP Offline
H
oh, counting on the noooodging!

nope, don't have the option of a free download of Works, just the whole Office Professional. I think I'll have to do it via downloading at work onto a flashdrive. yes, all of this is quite legal...just gotta get it done asap.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
arrrrrggghh. got a note from D14's first period teacher--she's been late every morning except the first morning. today is the only other day I've driven her to school--she's been with xH otherwise, and she had plenty of time this morning but is still struggling with the locker. according to xH--"I've run into a boatload of construction every morning." he lives across town from us--as close as possible to OW#1 and still inside the county.

then I get a call from D14 on arrival home; she got in trouble for not having the right brand of uniform shorts. she wore these khakis last year to her other school without issues; they're exactly like uniform pants except less expensive. xH had a late meeting, can't take her to the uniform store before it closes (because, of course, these things are not open during convenient hours because they just don't have to be!!) so I'm going to have to do that--and he's yelling at me because I'm not providing her pants and he bought her 3 shirts!!! uhhh--hello!! why does he think he's doing us a favor??!!

oh, and btw--he made sure I knew not to count on him to help me out at all until I get a job. so don't even think along those lines. this, from the man I supported through grad school and residency--3 years.

just had to vent. wonder why I keep needing to change blood pressure meds???

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
N
N
I would love to punch him in the nose!

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
G
G
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
"I've run into a boatload of construction every morning."

Leave earlier.

--and he's yelling at me...
Yelling at you? C'mon, hm: Boundary time!

..,.he made sure I knew not to count on him to help me out at all until I get a job.
"I won't help you out when you need it, only after you no longer do?" crazy mad
Originally Posted By: NNP1965
Yep.

Hang in there, friend. We're all praying along with those nuns. grin

Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: NNP1965

actually, I had another anatomical region in mind....

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
B
B
Do you ever remind him about how much you assisted him through grad school? Now, it's time to pay the piper ... although, I know he probably won't care a hoot. Definitely a taker, not a giver, unless he can get something out of it.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 97 of 101 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard