Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101
H
OP Offline
H
I keep thinking of those scenes in "Sleeping With the Enemy" where Julia Roberts moves to a giant, old, beautiful house in a small town and everything looks wonderful! Ah, different circumstances...and that's a movie. Besides, she ended up shooting her abusive ex in the entryway and that would just mess up a house for me....

I think one has to work through one's crap wherever one goes, or it DOES follow you. I think I've done a fair amount of working through, and would continue no matter where I was, most likely. There's really no point in uprooting my daughter--who hates change anyway--to move somewhere visitation would be very complicated, only to end up with the same financial and relational issues I have here.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
B
I would say only move away if that's where the jobs are, but since you are more likely to get a job in the medical field, in Indianapolis, then of course that's where you should be. Perhaps, now is the time to start thinking of doing shift work. I am only trying to think of ways you can see beyond some of the limitations you have set on yourself and your daughter. Look at how much change D has gone through, and she's become stronger for it, I think.

This is just how I see from my point of view, from what you impart to us. There may be things that don't seem important to you, that is unsaid, that may make all the difference. But, we aren't living your life ... only you can do that, and only you can decide what is best for you. We, your virtual friends, can only 'listen' and try and give advice and put a fresh eye on your situation. I bet our advice is often already thought of.

PS 54 is the new 34, IMO.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
P
P
I'm sorry things are going so rough for you again, Hoozh. One of these days, I SWEAR, things are going to turn around for us, and the guys (and gals) in the white hats are gonna win a couple!!

Pup

G
G
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
It's just that I'm running out of energy here, I'm no closer to getting a life than I was a year ago altho I have seriously tried, and I'm on the cusp of being depressed enough to affect my functioning in spite of meds. And that's frightening to me.
I've had a crazy few days, just catching up doing some thread reading, including yours.
Stay strong. Get strong. Summon it up, girl; it's already in you, part of you. It's just taken a pounding, but it's there. The quote above I identify with completely.
You are in my prayers and I have confidence that you will continue to stay strong, make the right decisions and "keep on trudgin'" even if you can't "keep on truckin.'"
Hang in.
Will talk more soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
You. Me. All of us are going to make it and thrive.

Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

W
W
"I'm on the cusp of being depressed enough to affect my functioning in spite of meds. And that's frightening to me."

Hoosier, you're having a rough go and that is a good reason to go and talk meds with your doctor. Sometimes a little increase in what you're taking or supplementing with something else can make a difference and every little bit helps right now. Your doctor can help with that. I'm not saying meds are the entire answer but they are a tool God provides for us in times of need.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
It's just that I'm running out of energy here, I'm no closer to getting a life than I was a year ago altho I have seriously tried, and I'm on the cusp of being depressed enough to affect my functioning in spite of meds. And that's frightening to me.
I've had a crazy few days, just catching up doing some thread reading, including yours.
Stay strong. Get strong. Summon it up, girl; it's already in you, part of you. It's just taken a pounding, but it's there. The quote above I identify with completely.
You are in my prayers and I have confidence that you will continue to stay strong, make the right decisions and "keep on trudgin'" even if you can't "keep on truckin.'"
Hang in.
Will talk more soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
You. Me. All of us are going to make it and thrive.

Peace,
Thanks, Gardener. Actually, I'm doing better at this point. heard a rumor that my boss might be transferring, feeling a bit more competent (altho that might just be a delusion!) and that helps tremendously. I had forgotten how critical it is for me to feel competent, so taking current circumstances in context--it makes a bit more sense. Also got out last evening for dinner--ok, it was part of a capital campaign meeting at church, but the pastor's a buddy of mine so it was a more pleasant evening than one might expect. getting out of my house and among people--especially with a glass of wine or 2--is therapeutic.

thanks for the words of encouragement!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: whatisis
"I'm on the cusp of being depressed enough to affect my functioning in spite of meds. And that's frightening to me."

Hoosier, you're having a rough go and that is a good reason to go and talk meds with your doctor. Sometimes a little increase in what you're taking or supplementing with something else can make a difference and every little bit helps right now. Your doctor can help with that. I'm not saying meds are the entire answer but they are a tool God provides for us in times of need.

oh, I have no issues with taking depression meds. especially when I take a generic!! and I have a MD appt next week, and increasing/changing meds is on my list of things to discuss. She and I have been through a couple of marriages, a couple of divorces, and a few kids together over the years--I met her when she was an intern, and she's been my doc for almost 30 years (give or take temporary insurance-mandated changes). Nice to have someone who knows me that well.

Last edited by hoosiermama; 08/04/10 03:56 PM.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
P
P
Actually, I'm doing better at this point. heard a rumor that my boss might be transferring. . .

Hoozh,

This is SPECIFICALLY what I prayed for late last week!!!

Puppy

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Actually, I'm doing better at this point. heard a rumor that my boss might be transferring. . .

Hoozh,

This is SPECIFICALLY what I prayed for late last week!!!

Puppy
this doesn't surprise me a bit, pup. I swear you have a direct line sometimes!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
B
B
Quote:

WooHoo! Yeah! The Man upstairs must've been hearing the prayers of Puppy and yourself. I just prayed that you and your D would be okay. One must be specific, it seems.

I hope the transfer takes place soon, and that your new boss will be awesome. I will pray for this specifically.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard