Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 100 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 99 100
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ok tonight I am making Melissa D'Arabian's "Pot Roast Carbonnade!"
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/pot-roast-carbonnade-recipe/index.html

I think S will be able to eat it because it has tender carrots,onions and chuck steak!

For dessert, a pear-apple crumble or some other kind if there is good fruit on sale.

I guess I will just have to eat off of this meal for the next few nights!

So that is cheering me up. I hope I can use my deep dish cast iron pan that I have instead of purchasing a dutch oven!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

W
W
Sounds delicious!! I would throw all of it into the crock pot! and I would freeze some so in Sept you will have ready meals when you get home from work.

"If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"
1st thread
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Darn, WN, I read your post after I put it in the oven! Oh well...I made the crisp first, using peaches and blueberries and I'm glad I did because the pot roast took a looong time to prep!

So I had to give S something different (tonight) for dinner but he ate sooo much crisp! (don't worry he had more fruit than the sugary oatmeal topping!)

I can smell the pot roast cooking on a summer evening (only in the 70s though!). Yum! And it called for 12 oz beer, so I bought Fat Tire (22 oz) and had to drink the other 10 oz, lol!

Well I found a cool park downtown with a fountain that I can take S to tomorrow!

My mom called and said she has this week off from work so she can see S and I!

I have lunch with my sister on Tuesday.

Oh and I RSVPed to a night walk with the single parents group on Aug 13 (FRIDAY THE 13TH). So far it is only a couple of single moms going...

Gee, are the laws of attraction working or what?

And Rugby texted me. I still didn't get as excited as with zoobrew but it will be good to go out with him! He was fun at least! I will just tell him to keep his hands to himself, lol!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

L
L
Curious about how that recipe will come out. I think I would like it with sweet potatoes and without the bacon.

A
A
You definitely have a lot on your plate. With S and language development, my nephew is now 15 months and he just now really started to talk a lot, and another friend of mine's son didn't start talking until he was almost 3 (his dad was the same way) and now the son is doing great and his dad is an engineer so there isn't too much to worry about. As long as you do what you would do with your students, talk to him, explain things to him, etc, which I know from your posts that you do, it will come.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Me29 S3
H left 4/1/09
I file 8/2/10
Divorce final 5/17/11
1st http://www.tinyurl.com/25lhu52
2nd http://www.tinyurl.com/2c35ueg
3rd http://www.tinyurl.com/322yk89
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the reassurance about language development, awest!
He isn't behind or anything but he just doesn't say anything other than momma dadda. He seems to understand simple commands so far. I hope daycare will help him talk!

So Lotus, funny that you said THAT: sweet potatoes and no bacon! BECAUSE the recipe was delicious although very rich and heavy from the bacon fat and I forgot to buy carrots so I used some yams I found in the freezer and thought it was really good!

She says first you render the bacon fat, then remove the bacon and caramelize the onions in the fat (for 30 min), and then put the bacon back in at the end to the whole thing... but wow, it was very rich and fatty. I thought to myself "all this bacon isn't necessary, but the bacon fat was probably a good idea!"

Again, the flavors are amazing and the prunes seem to really add to the dish...making it taste kind of molasses like or something!

The funny thing is that it reminds me of Beef Bourganion (WRONG SPELLING!).

The downside is that I feel like I have gained 5 pounds...good thing I don't have a date until Thursday! Time to work it off before then.

Rugby texted me "I have thought about your wonderful company...and can't wait to see you again!"

and he texted me that while I was giving S a bath so the poor guy didn't get a response for 40 minutes! I said I was giving S a bath and "I have thought of you too and look forward to a fun evening with you!"

I wasn't lying--I drove past a sign for a concert in the park this week and thought it would be fun to do that with Rugby! I'll pay for the date...bring some wine and cheese and maybe chocolate! Unless that is too romantic.

I don't know why he won't accept what I told him: am only dating casually, do not want to be exclusive, do not wany any long term relationship, am just enjoying the company of men, doing various activities.

I was telling my mom about him and she didn't like the fact that he had a beard, lol! She wants to set me up with a single French teacher, never married and no kids. I don't know! I will explain to her that I am not going out with any more men but I do want to see his picture, lol!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

S
S
Hey NewMama -

Recipe sounds good!

We've been doing Friday night travels for several weeks now, and the kids love it! We ending up moving this past Friday meal to today, which was good, because we made Chinese dumplings and spring rolls. Delicious, but LOTS of work. I ate six hours ago and am STILL full, lol!

About the dating - I was thinking just the other day that given how little attention and affection WH has shown me for the last 18 months, I could divorce him and start dating right away, no problem. I wouldn't delve right back into a serious relationship, but waiting another YEAR to date? No, I wouldn't. I've sat home long enough by myself, thank you very much. Time to live again.

So you do what's right for YOU - no one else.

L
L
Quote:
I don't know why he won't accept what I told him: am only dating casually, do not want to be exclusive, do not wany any long term relationship, am just enjoying the company of men, doing various activities.

Because men want what they can't have. We thought you knew that. Oh, go out with the French teacher too. Afterall, you are dating. And you are playing the field.

G
G
This is a little late, but your dream was so sad to me. I had a sort of similar dream myself about WH back in February, near bomb-time. It's heart-wrenching, or at least it was to me.

On a brighter note, I love how you slammed the guy on plentyoffish.com! I would have never been so clever. wink

me, 30
WH, 29
D born June 2010
M: July 2001
Bomb/S: 1/14/10
Done with it all.
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Red, yummmm! I think I could probably manage to cook one fancy meal every couple weeks...maybe borrow your idea of world travels...in fact, that could be something I share with my students! They always want to know about us and I could look up some various info/facts about each country/region for my cooking. Wow, I could even find some store bought goodies to share...see? we learn so much from each other on this forum!

Yeah, I am STILL FULL from last night.

Lotus, you make a very good point...I will need to remember that for the next guy I am GAGA for. Sorry, folks, but there are rules to initially dating. I read some interesting guidelines about dating that I never heard of (by Susan Elliott...can't find the source!):

first date--(duh) no kissing, casual light discussion, no talk about your ex

DO NOT CALL ON THE PHONE OR COMMUNICATE MUCH BEFORE SECOND DATE, WAIT FOR A WEEK BEFORE SEEING HIM AGAIN, DATE OTHERS

second date--kissing is ok, some more personal discussion, save deep stuff for later

A PHONE CALL BEFORE 3RD DATE IS OKAY, STILL WAIT A WEEK

third date--kissing+, deeper stuff is ok to discuss

DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO BE EXCLUSIVE WITH THIS PERSON; if you want to sleep with them at some point

PHONE CALLS ARE OK

fourth date: anything physical goes, etc.

Now I am not saying I agree with this but found it interesting that she was saying not to go on more than one date per week w/ someone for the first couple dates, and not to talk to them much in between dates...AND sex on the 4th date is ok? lol!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 52 of 100 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 99 100

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard