Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 85 of 101 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 100 101
P
P
Could be a broken buckle on the belt, Hoozh. Or maybe the framister or the hongkongitron is shot. Or a bent brim on the distributor cap. crazy

WTH do I know; I am sooooooooooo not handy!

Wow, 16,999 posts. Guess I'd better write something a LOT more poignant and insightful on the NEXT one!!

Puppy

H
OP Offline
H
holy crap, pup! I'll go home and check those things out right away!!!!

how many keyboards have you worn out now??!!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
B
Can't comment about the broken stuff, but I would suggest you move on from Texas guy, if he's not helping you emotionally. So much more fish in the Indie sea, I bet.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
K
kml Offline
K
First - why isn't your 14 year old daughter mowing the lawn with the push mower??????? Didn't we ALL do that when we were young? I certainly did.

Second:
Quote:
I hate to "but" this...but how it feels is this: "here's a nice lady I see once a year. we have a great time, we converse at a deep level, we have a lot in common including how we see life. but I don't really have the time or interest to make this any more than an annual visit...but I don't want to say it because I don't want to sound unkind. so I'll check in every now and then and say something I know she wants to hear to maintain interest and not seem like a cad."

You need to get the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" and watch it. Several times. I'm thinking of buying it and watching it weekly myself, lol. I think you assessed the situation perfectly and need to move on - while you're at it, look for a guy with boatloads of money (or at least a great pension!).

As for the suggestion about looking for a dryer on Craigslist - great idea. Lots of times people move and need a different dryer in their new place - gas or electric. So you might pick up a deal. I once bought a used washing machine from a guy who advertised in the Pennysaver (yes, this was in those dark primitive times before the internet). He made a business out of fixing up old appliances and reselling them. He took our old washer, installed the new one, and it cost us half as much as a new one. WE used it for about 14 years, with a family of five - once my husband replaced a belt. It was still running when we left it for the new owner of that house when we sold it.

You've gotten hit with a boatload of unexpected expenses at once. BUT - you do need a budget that accounts for these things, because they DO happen (just usually spread out a little more). You might take a look at your budget and make sure there is an amount set aside every month for these kinds of things. You might need to lower your expenses or raise your income in order to accomplish this.

(I always wonder on these boards why more people don't rent out rooms in their houses? Yes, roommates can be a pain, but what easier way to make several hundred extra dollars a month?)

Ellie

H
OP Offline
H
"You need to get the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" and watch it. Several times. I'm thinking of buying it and watching it weekly myself, lol. I think you assessed the situation perfectly and need to move on."
I know.

G
G
(((hm))) tonight.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
thanks, gardener.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
P
P
I just got a NICE dryer on CraigsList for $60! It's a Maytag Neptune, about 7 or 8 years old, and practically the same model (actually IS the same model, only one year either newer or older ,not sure which) of the one I had that went out on me.

So not only did a get a great deal, I figured I could just keep my old one, for a built-in supply of SPARE PARTS!!! A benefit that I used IMMEDIATELY, when I noticed one of the main knobs was cracked, and mine fit it perfectly. grin

LOVE CraigsList. I do, however, need to get something bigger than an old Acura sports sedan with which to cart the stuff, cuz giving a guy $20 for delivery is cutting into my deals!

Puppy

I
I
If you haul stuff from CL or Home Depot etc on a regular basis just buy an old Ford Ranger on Craiglist for less than $800. Or any pickup truck for that matter.

Keep the Acura CL/TSX for daily driving.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah Craigslist!!!!

That's how I found my Adult Rock Band class, on Craigslist.

Can't wait until I buy a house of my own so I can start collecting the musical instruments I see on there, lol

Page 85 of 101 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard