Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
A
OP Offline
A
Hi guys, well that was a surprise, so I shall repost my last post on my new thread:

Hi everyone!!Havent got much time to post.. I am on honeymoon and thanks to K for the update, yes I am in Naples right now (oh dear, bit of a dump!!) and we went to Rome which was amazing! Tommorow we are going to Pompeii (very excited about that!) but H (!) has been ill and now given it to me so so far, we havent really been in brilliant spirits.

Michelle, Mish, Kat, Jeff, Neaj, K, Generosity, Julia, Bobbi, K.. thank you SO much for your best wishes and for being happy for me. Its a mad old journey hey? All those nights up on the internet (and I thikn I was the whole 18 months! And all those nights on the phone too hey K).. and here we are married. I guess miracles do happen.

Lea.. of course I remember you sweetheart and I often wonder how things have panned out for you, although I remember you let your H go. Like me I think their depression made you depressed too for a while, so I hope you are doing ok now?

So.. the wedding was AMAZING! We worked hard on the arrangements to make it magical.. which it was. It was by the sea, it was boiling hot all day and night, the band were incredible and the dancefloor was never empty.. I wasnt a bit nervous and me and bf hugged and kissed even DURING the ceremony! There were lots of tears then loads of laughs, GREAT speeches (I gave one too! At the end I said thanks to all those who had helped 'get us through' and raised a toast to friendship. Everyone said it was 'the best wedding EVER'.

I feel so blessed

Al xx
PS: Yes, feels sweet to say.. my H! Even more special after what happened, of course.

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
B
B
Congrats Ali!!! I wish you and your H the very best that life has to offer. It is nice to see success stories such as yours.

Enjoy Italy - I lived in Naples for 3 years. Yes it is a bit of a dump but there is lots of beauty in it as well! Pompeii is amazing and the Amalfi Coast is beautiful.

BA

J
JCJ Offline
J
Enjoy it Ali, you deserve it smile The hard times make you appreciate the good times even more x

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
L
L
Congratulations, Ali! Your story gives hope to a lot of people!

A
A
Wonderful!

K
K
Boy am I naive...I thought Virginia would have at least congratulated you before she closed your thread!

So thrilled for you both!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
V
V
I'm guessing Virginia didn't even read a word of it. Just saw the post count.

M
M
Yeah, they definitely have been lax about closing down threads lately.

Glad you started a new thread so I can post my ((((((HUGS)))))) and congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are having a great time. Hope you are both feeling better now! Remember to enjoy all of it. smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks kids! Yes we were both ill on honeymoon, but it didnt ruin it.

So I have a major MIL issue now, she has gone to far. My Dad told me, on the day of the wedding, they were stood together looking at us and my Dad said how lovely and happy we looked and she said.."well it was a good thing he left and had that break, else it would've been disastrous for him".. and some other stuff - on the wedding day! My Dad was so shocked and spluttered, but she really loved him and never stopped loving him when they were apart.. but she kept repeating it would've been disastrous for him if he hadnt left. She wasnt aware of his depression, so she cant have meant that. We dont know what she meant. I had to tell H becuase she also has said some negative things leading up to the wedding to his brother and SIL.

The day before the wedding when I went to greet her with my Mum, she took my hand and said her and her sister knew which one wasnt going to turn up tommorow. My Mum was shocked and said, he better had! And MIL replied, oh no, it wont be my son, it'll be her that wont turn up. My Mum was speechless.

I just laughed out loud at the innappropriatness and rudeness of it!

We stayed with her after the honeymoon, she talked mainly to H, directing no conversation at me, talked about she enojoyed meeting all the lovely friends at the wedding and proceeded to list just his friends.

All in all, H is very upset and angry at her and plans to talk to her. He said last night, you're my wife now, I cant allow her to continue to be rude like this. And she wants to come stay with us!

To thikn we used to be very close before the bomb. Now she behaves like I am either not there, or she'd rather I wasnt. And its not like I did anything wrong.. HE left me! Ideas anyone !??

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
S
S
Ali,

I've been reading along for a while now.

First congrats on your M! I'm so happy for you.

As far as ideas go, do you know if your H was conversing with his mother while you were separated? If he was, is it possible he was telling her rewritten history between you two to justify what he was doing?

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard