Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 101 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 100 101
G
G
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
how weird is that, that gf and I are exchanging little gifts?!
Wow. Weird is right.

and update on Texas guy...he found me "beautifully stable", apologized for pushing the dating thing--acknowledged he was pushing his healing process onto me (or more accurately, "last year's me" who clearly has evolved into the "new and improved me"). and "You are truly an amazing person. And I'm loving what I'm seeing. In that weird, undefinable, odd sort of way we have.... LOL!"
This is great.

Last edited by Gardener; 06/09/10 12:06 AM.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
the alien x has returned, at least for the moment.

he's been persistently bugging me for '09's mortgage statement so that he can claim half the property taxes and interest for the first half of the year, before he signed the quit-claim deed. seems he didn't withhold enough $$ and owes a lot of taxes (hmmm; this is what happens when you just don't feel like dealing with money, and no one magically steps in to take care of it for you!). the relevant facts: he paid none of the interest, taxes, or any other part of the mortgage payments during that time...or since August of '08, for that matter. he's not entitled to those deductions in any way. but I'm supposed to fix his tax situation. Ummmmmmm. . .nope, I don't think so! NOT MY PROBLEM!!!

how dumb does he think I am?!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
G
G
hm,
...he paid none of the interest, taxes, or any other part of the mortgage payments during that time...or since August of '08, for that matter. he's not entitled to those deductions in any way. but I'm supposed to fix his tax situation. Ummmmmmm. . .nope, I don't think so! NOT MY PROBLEM!!!

how dumb does he think I am?!
I'm with you all the way on this! Been there. Recently.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
yup. I could maybe possibly on a good day perhaps muster up a wee bit more sympathy if I didn't recall that the financial situation he left me in resulted in D and I having no heat for 6 weeks during the late winter/early spring of '09. oh...and he cashed the insurance checks meant for the dentist so D and I have not had any dental care for a couple of years because we owe too much there. oh, and let's see. . .mortgage has been in perpetual modification limbo for the past year-and-a-half because I missed a payment during a time period when I didn't get a paycheck (winter break from school).

and I'm supposed to feel sorry that he owes money for taxes...when I also owe?! I'm having difficulty summoning up any sympathy.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
G
G
hm,
and I'm supposed to feel sorry that he owes money for taxes...when I also owe?! I'm having difficulty summoning up any sympathy.
Sympathy, my a$$. I'm with you.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

B
B
The man is insane. Or, I suspect, thinks the world revolves around him, and would expect help no matter how awful he treated you and D. Probably wonders what your problem is? I say, no statement, "you get nothing, are owed nothing, you are nothing except the father of D." Or, just ignore any request for it.

I just cannot believe this man!!!!

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: BeingMe
The man is insane. Or, I suspect, thinks the world revolves around him, and would expect help no matter how awful he treated you and D. Probably wonders what your problem is? I say, no statement, "you get nothing, are owed nothing, you are nothing except the father of D." Or, just ignore any request for it.

I just cannot believe this man!!!!
I kinda vote for both--he is insane because his reality is that the world revolves around him.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
A
A
He was just being nice before because wanted something. *ss.

Glad to see him feeling some consequences finally.

H
OP Offline
H
yeah, I kinda came to that conclusion myself.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
had a little potential health scare today. last week I started swelling--first my feet, then up to my knees, then my abdomen, then I was short of breath on exertion. got in to the doctor today after they called in an Rx for diuretics over the weekend (which helped a lot!) the PA was concerned I was starting some early congestive heart failure, so I got some labs drawn and resigned myself to waiting--and worrying--a few days for the result. Not 90 minutes later she called me with good news: no heart problems!! so we added some more meds to the mix and I recommitted myself to getting in better shape. what a considerate PA that was!! she took care of me last fall, also, when I got the flu which snowballed into asthma and pneumonia. so tonite I'm very happy to not have to deal with a major health problem!

I am a bit concerned, however, because I haven't heard a single word from Texas prof for 4 days now. and we usually toss notes back and forth at least daily, usually more than that. not so much worried about relationship stuff as I am just worried about him!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
Page 73 of 101 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard